Page 4365 of 4465 FirstFirst ... 33653865426543154355436243634364436543664367436843754415 ... LastLast
Results 87,281 to 87,300 of 89290

Default Re: Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Right. That does it. My internet connection still won't allow me to see the vid. So I'm off to live in a field.

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Default Re: Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Don't go, Blenca! We'll miss you!

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

No.... actually I think you'd better leave me in my field. Because.... and I'm saying this tentatively.... I've actually written a Ronon/Jenn ficlet. The first in absolutely ages. And I'm now starting on an Inspector George Gently ficlet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    No.... actually I think you'd better leave me in my field. Because.... and I'm saying this tentatively.... I've actually written a Ronon/Jenn ficlet. The first in absolutely ages. And I'm now starting on an Inspector George Gently ficlet as well.
    Woot! !!! Blenca fic! Looking forward to it! Are you posting it on Intentions Day?

I've got my Intentions Day fic done too. Plus, I might have another chapter of the fic about Miri. Hopefully. I had a bit of free time yesterday and I got a page written.

I'm very excited about the new willingness to write. It feels great. Maybe I'm finally letting go of some of the stress from this last year.

I was thinking, to gin up the excitement for Intentions Day, does anyone want to get on our Round Robin from a couple of years ago? (I forget when we started it) I've got it all saved on Felger.

Pleeeeeaaaaazssssssseeeee

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Challenge #86 was a redo/catch up.

taris-eiren
    challenge #85 - 6 TV icons

slizzie1986
    Challenge #79 Tropical\Beach\Summer:

challenge #86 tv icons

FalconHorus
    challenge 06 - minor character

Challenge 07: Dinosaurs

ohalis
    Challenge #31 - All three rules and the add noise filter was used

RodneyisGodney
    challenge #86 - 6(7) tv icons

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Challenge # 87

This week the challenge is this fill-in-the-blank quote:

"_______________ makes the world go round"

You decide what makes the world goes round, then make art or fan fic about it. You can include the quote if you wish but you do not have to.

This challenge will be due in 2 weeks, on Monday September 14th.

I will post a reminder on Monday September 7th.

Okay, I just have one question, and it might be slightly strange.

Spoiler:
    What is up with Gero and Rodney? When one of you mentioned the whole Mary Sue thing with Rodney/Jennifer, I couldn't help but pay more attention to how Gero talks about Rodney and David, and I started to get a bit weirded out.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems like Gero had some kind of fascination with Rodney/David, and while I couldn't care less about his personal feelings, I do wonder if that's something that affected how he wrote the character and what made the show (IMO) start to revolve around him (and John).

For example, I had problems with Hot Zone and how Rodney was portrayed as being more knowledgable and intuitive with regard to medical issues than Carson. Even Rainbow noted it in the commentary, and Gero said it was difficult to write someone who was a genius. Does genius actually imply the immense accumulation of random knowledge, though? The show regularly makes little jabs at Carson for being a mere medical doctor, but Rodney knows everything because he's a brilliant astrophysicist?

Idk. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this now. I was just wondering if anyone else knew more about the writers' preferences than what I've been able to guess at based on their own comments.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Interesting that you should note that.

Rodney is obviously Gero's favourite character and he pushed and pushed him into the centre of things, sidelining other characters in the process. I would have been willing to place a bet that if John hadn't been more firmly entrenched, Gero would have made Rodney the complete star of the show and John would have been relegated to the sidelines.

Now I'm all for the unhansome geeky type inheriting the earth (thank you Doctor!) but Rodney is such a bloody irritating know-it-all I don't see how anyone could think of him as the main cast member upon which all else hangs. BTW Actually I really like David Hewlett, but Rodney? No way.

My own thoughts are that Gero (perhaps subconsciously, perhaps not) actually wanted to be Rodney and gave to him everything he would have liked for himself.

That is pretty much it. Gero wanted Stargate McKay and thought everyone else was getting too much attention.

Interesting that you should note that.

Rodney is obviously Gero's favourite character and he pushed and pushed him into the centre of things, sidelining other characters in the process. I would have been willing to place a bet that if John hadn't been more firmly entrenched, Gero would have made Rodney the complete star of the show and John would have been relegated to the sidelines.

Now I'm all for the unhansome geeky type inheriting the earth (thank you Doctor!) but Rodney is such a bloody irritating know-it-all I don't see how anyone could think of him as the main cast member upon which all else hangs. BTW Actually I really like David Hewlett, but Rodney? No way.

My own thoughts are that Gero (perhaps subconsciously, perhaps not) actually wanted to be Rodney and gave to him everything he would have liked for himself.
    Thus my definition number two of Marty Stu. Injecting self into character.

I adore Rodney for all his abrasiveness. It took me a while, but I do. I despised how one of tptb focused so much on him at the expense of all the other characters - Teyla, Ronon, Carson like Janet mentioned, even John to a large extent.

And no, after three or four episodes of watching the commentary, I don't watch anymore. There is a level of tptb openly saying how they just didn't have anything for this or that character so they were basically written out - just because they couldn't be bothered to come up with something useful to do.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, everyone!

I also love Rodney, but I can't stand favoritism. Fans have favorites, but writers can't just be fans.

Also, hearing that they couldn't think of anything to do with certain characters is the saddest thing ever.

Honestly, that's... your job as a writer, to be creative. Is it not?
    rest easy now

// tumblr //

I have seen other shows do things similar in that the fans want one thing but tptb either don't care or disagree with the majority of fans and do something totally opposite.

I think getting some other writers in to shows is helpful or at least rotate some getting new fresh people to get more idea's and new ideas but sadly shows don't do that. If the writing is good then great but when it is bad it is usually really bad

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl View Post
    I have seen other shows do things similar in that the fans want one thing but tptb either don't care or disagree with the majority of fans and do something totally opposite.

I think getting some other writers in to shows is helpful or at least rotate some getting new fresh people to get more idea's and new ideas but sadly shows don't do that. If the writing is good then great but when it is bad it is usually really bad
    It's gotten to the point where I cringe whenever I see certain names in the credits.
    rest easy now

// tumblr //

The thing is, Martin Gero did some great eps earlier in SGA and in SG-1. I think somewhere along the way, the cooperative effort of tptb fell to the wayside.

My thoughts about the whole thing was that there didn't seem to be anyone in charge. There was no vision for the line the show should take. There was no one person with their hand on the tiller who could take a firm line and say this is what we are going to do, this is the way the story is going. The impression I got was that everyone had their own idea and they just did their own thing regardless. They had no idea where they were going with the story.

Also they were seriously lacking in inspiration. The writers were running out of ideas. SGA seriously needed new blood. The same old writers were struggling. If anything unexpected happened (like Rachel Luttrell's pregnancy) they had no idea what to do. They were floundering and panicking. They made stupid decisions and had no idea on how to put them right.

To my mind, they also had too many male characters and not enough female. And they made idiotic decisions about the female characters they did have. They got rid of Elizabeth, they wrote Teyla into a corner, lumbering her with a husband and child, Sam was stuck behind a desk and that left Jennifer, who had to become all things to all men - pulled this way and that.

DG! - Would you like to vote for George Gently in this poll?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats...arebar_twitter

My thoughts about the whole thing was that there didn't seem to be anyone in charge. There was no vision for the line the show should take. There was no one person with their hand on the tiller who could take a firm line and say this is what we are going to do, this is the way the story is going. The impression I got was that everyone had their own idea and they just did their own thing regardless. They had no idea where they were going with the story.

Also they were seriously lacking in inspiration. The writers were running out of ideas. SGA seriously needed new blood. The same old writers were struggling. If anything unexpected happened (like Rachel Luttrell's pregnancy) they had no idea what to do. They were floundering and panicking. They made stupid decisions and had no idea on how to put them right.

To my mind, they also had too many male characters and not enough female. And they made idiotic decisions about the female characters they did have. They got rid of Elizabeth, they wrote Teyla into a corner, lumbering her with a husband and child, Sam was stuck behind a desk and that left Jennifer, who had to become all things to all men - pulled this way and that.
    To be a bit fair there, Tori left the show. Can't recall the reasons off the top of my head. But yeah. They needed more women both in front of and behind the camera.

I thought she left because she didn't like the direction that they were forcing Elizabeth's character down? Or am I not remembering correctly? My memory is appalling!

Torri said that the writers weren't doing anything with her character (as in, they had no direction for her), and she kept approaching them to ask if she was still needed or not, but they continually assured her that she was fine and to not worry, waving her away. She wanted to know if she should be preparing to move back from Vancouver to LA.

At the very end of season 3, they completely changed their tune and asked if she wanted to stay on as a recurring character, even though her contract, if memory serves, was for six years. (Need to double check, but I'm sure it was more than the three she was on for.)

Amanda Tapping's contract still had a year left after SG-1, so I'm guessing that was one of the main reasons behind it.

Anyway, she didn't want to be strung along like that and finally refused to do Ghost in the Machine, for which I don't blame her at all.

IMO she had the worst send-off on the show besides Aidan Ford.
    rest easy now

// tumblr //

Page 4365 of 4465 FirstFirst ... 33653865426543154355436243634364436543664367436843754415 ... LastLast