Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Yeah, it's totally early to ship, but I'm a chronic shipper so I'm all over this. This is for the shippers who woudn't mind the pairing, finds it realistic (as real as you get with scifi tv shows ), and likes Keller enough. This is not for non-shippers, anti's, or just haters . Of course, this is for a possible romantic relationship rather than friendship, only because I don't see really on what grounds Ronon would be friends with her unless
    Spoiler:
    he's taking science lessons

Even when it was just Jewel without a character I was shipping, since I knew this wasn't going to be an Ugly Betty ep and she'd be playing a man.

Anyway, despite the negativity towards her character, Keller is bloody great. She has class, she's fun, she's got energy; and she's humble, pragmatic, and she's practical and realistic. Ronon, he needs that---and there's been some leading.

Now why do I want Keller/Ronon?

Not for anything but I love, love. I think the writers have been leading to this pairing from the beginning.

1. Since they said they were bringing Jewel as a character on SGA, and most likely recurring, I was excited. Not many people liked Instinct but I liked Jewel and Jason playing off one another in that ep. I thought they had some good energy; in the scenes they shared.

2. Melania---Ronon's girl from Sateda.
    Spoiler:
    She was in the medical field, light brown/blonde hair, caring, devoted and totally in love with Ronon. What I see in Jewel's, Keller is fairly the same but she's a doctor. Do I think he'd be replacing? No, because Ronon is far too grounded to play that kind of game as we saw in his response in Sunday. But I can see her qualities appealing to him, due to some similarities to Melania. Let's just hope Keller's first name is not Melanie or Melissa (then I'd have a problem ).

3. Then there was Sunday.
    Spoiler:
    I'm speaking of when John asked him about getting with somene and he said he's wasn't ready. I felt it was leading to probably something...
    I don't know what, but as a shipper that was enough to give me the idea that they were laying a foundation and could be leading to a dynamic pairing here. I could be reaching, but time will tell.

4. Finally in First Strike. By the way an excellently done and brilliant ep.
    Spoiler:
    When Ronon said he wasn't good with situations like that and he wanted to learn science. Well I say, she'd be his best bet.
    I would say McKay, but Ronon's been on a team with McKay for a while; and I think McKay would annoy him and the gloating would make him obliterate McKay. Zelenka would be so shocked, he wouldn't be able to talk or he'd stutter to Ronon's annoyance, which would lead to Zelenka getting stun by Ronon's gun.
    Spoiler:
    So she'd be a good person to learn a little science from. Sure it's some more stretching, but once again time will tell.

So you like the possible pairing? Chat, share fics, pics, pic/fics whatever or just talk or squee over future eps and First Stike (about Jewel). Again no dissenters (you guys can create an anti- thread) .

Keller-->

Keller is one lucky chica.
    Last edited by vaberella; 06 February 2007, 09:27 PM.
    Click statement above to read article.

FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VB loves me for my insta-post ability.

Um... I dont know Keller, but I've seen photos of the actress who plays her, and she does come across as a good match phisically based on his previous girl.

Plus, random ships are fun! I mean, look at some of y'all out there, making molehills out of grains of sand

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats View Post
      FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VB loves me for my insta-post ability.

Um... I dont know Keller, but I've seen photos of the actress who plays her, and she does come across as a good match phisically based on his previous girl.

Plus, random ships are fun! I mean, look at some of y'all out there, making molehills out of grains of sand

Long live the FF, !!
      Spoiler:
      What was the thing's girlfriend...Oh right, Alicia, at least Keller isn't Blind.
      And who'd want to be blind when they could see that nice hunka hotness...(admittedly, he's no McKay!!)

Comment

...lol @ VB I didn't think you'd actually made a thread...

but I see how they match. Kind of. I might be more favourable towards it when they're in scenes together.

Comment

Get idea, doctor and difficult patient! lol. at the end of first strike:
          Spoiler:
          Ronon refused to be looked at by the doctors even tho he had a big shard of glass in his arm.

That might make for some interesting developments later

I will wait and see

Comment

*lol*...vb you're FANTASTIC!...

Now after reading that I can see where you're coming from. My main reason for seeing them as a pair is because I liked her character, didn't go in with any frame of mind, but ended up liking her, and it would be nice to see them together. They're a fine match...

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Oh, heck yeah.... I'm totally on board with this potential ship! Jewel has WAY grown up and she's infused the character of Dr. Keller with such likeable things already that I'm thinking will be a wonderful match for my boy Ronon. I for one can't wait to see how this romance is going to play out!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                Oh, heck yeah.... I'm totally on board with this potential ship! Jewel has WAY grown up and she's infused the character of Dr. Keller with such likeable things already that I'm thinking will be a wonderful match for my boy Ronon. I for one can't wait to see how this romance is going to play out!

Respect Suz...Respect!! I totally agree with you, and I knew you'd love it Witchy. Never forget how fantastic I am...

I think this has great potential and amazing growth. I need some scenarios that would have them realistically hang out together. Because really out of all the men Ronon never really bonded with Carson, not much talking between the two either. So they'd have to figure someting out...

Ooh, well since
                Spoiler:
                Weir is out of commission, and at times she would eat lunch with Ronon...okay once they ate were trying to eat lunch together. Maybe he becomes close to her when he visits Weir. Then they made up so he can learn som science.

Comment

So..... now that we've all decided we LOVE this new potential ship, how do we think the writers will have them meet, get to know each other, etc?

Comment

Good question....

I figure a little science class.

She seems like a bright girl and knows she's in a dangerous place, maybe she addresses him first and asks to be taught to defend herself?

Or a good and cliched one, hospital bet; always a way to get up close and personal. A basic way I wouldn't mind, there are no tables for her or him to eat lunch at and they eat lunch together----and talk about jell-o.

Comment

LOL saw this thread and had to drop in. I'm not a shipper at all but while watching First Strike and the comment that Ronan made about science ( those whom seen it knows what I mean) and the funny thing was that I thought to my self that he should date the new doctor. Come to think though oppiste they are they do compliment each other and can teach each other. Will be interesting how the chemistry between these two in season 4 when they get screen time together.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
                        LOL saw this thread and had to drop in. I'm not a shipper at all but while watching First Strike and the comment that Ronan made about science ( those whom seen it knows what I mean) and the funny thing was that I thought to my self that he should date the new doctor. Come to think though oppiste they are they do compliment each other and can teach each other. Will be interesting how the chemistry between these two in season 4 when they get screen time together.
                        Oh yeah...!!!

Another recruit in da house!!! Respect, that's what I'm talking about. If the writers are going down this road, which I strongly believe they are; they did a great lead in with that line!!!

I have to go to the Ep thread and proclaim my love of FS and Keller/Ronon potential!

Not only that we know all about OPPOSITES---ATTRACTION!

Comment

Well we know Ronan has'nt been with anyone since his wife( which is a loooong time) so naturally it time for him to start dating in season 4 or at lease get some intamicy lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
                            Gosh I love it when non-shippers are drawn into my world! I agree with everything you've said in terms of them being opposite, but complementary. I think there will be a good dynamic here. And yes, the science comment could be a very good lead in, as I do believe he was serious about that. Ronon hates to be useless, it's not in his nature, so I can see him seeking out someone to educate him. ;P

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              Good question....

I figure a little science class.

She seems like a bright girl and knows she's in a dangerous place, maybe she addresses him first and asks to be taught to defend herself?

Or a good and cliched one, hospital bet; always a way to get up close and personal. A basic way I wouldn't mind, there are no tables for her or him to eat lunch at and they eat lunch together----and talk about jell-o.
                              I'd like to see them meet by accident, realize there is an instant attraction, but deny it at first. Then I'd like to see Ronon seek her out for his "science education" With John harrassing him the whole time!

But yeah, like you, I could see them meeting for the first time in the infirmary.

Comment

Working...
                              X