This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Beach/Colonel Ellis Discussion and Appreciation

Colonel Ellis is a no-nonsense kinda military,Very profesional I really like this guy Micheal does a great job and he has already won me over as a strong captain of a 304.

He don't take crap from anyone including weir or Shepperd he does what he feels is right.

I also hope he is around for a long time.
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 06 February 2007, 06:47 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I agree. I especially liked how he kept using the beaming technology, beaming down as soon as he got the word, beaming up McKay immediatly. It almost seems like he's more of an extension of the ship.

Comment

Hm well he's not as cool as Caldwell but alright in my book. I hope the Daedalus and the Apollo team up at one point with Ellis and Caldwell working together on strategies

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        Colonel Ellis is a no-nonsense kinda military,Very profesional I really like this guy Micheal does a great job and he has already won me over as a strong captain of a 304.
        I like him too. Although I wasn't exactly happy about some of the ways he dealt with/undermined Weir I do like his no nonsense, need to get things done kind of attitude. He's very take charge and it's rather refreshing ...

Definitely looking forward to seeing a bit more of this character.

Originally posted by duckedtapedemon View Post
        I agree. I especially liked how he kept using the beaming technology, beaming down as soon as he got the word, beaming up McKay immediatly. It almost seems like he's more of an extension of the ship.
        I thought that bit was great. It broke a bit of tension when he had McKay beamed up.

If/when they use him in s4 it will definitely be interesting to see how his attutide plays against those of the other characters. And especially against the way Caldwell played/plays against them.

I'm actually rather curious about the kind of roll he'll play in s4 after some of the things he said to Sheppard. Especially the comment ...
        Spoiler:
        ... "You should be running Atlantis not Dr. Weir
        I don't know if it'll just be a passing comment that they leave alone or what will come of it. But I'm sure interested to see if/when it might come up.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by The Sweet Guy View Post
          Hm well he's not as cool as Caldwell but alright in my book. I hope the Daedalus and the Apollo team up at one point with Ellis and Caldwell working together on strategies
          that would be cool ellis would get along fine with Caldwell
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah, liked this guy and his no-nonsense attitude. Plus he made peace with Weir despite their differences. Macho AND sensitive. Easy on the eye too (ok, I'm shallow).
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I thought he was pretty good. He showed up in the same manner as Everett back in season one's finale: the man with the plan, don't get in his way. His bearing and demeanor seemed very professional military.

I was struck by his use of Sheppard's first name, though. Makes me wonder if the two served together in the past.

a time to mourn

Comment

It seems like Ellis is more internationally minded than any of the other Captains. Notice how he kept referencing the IOA rather than the Pentagon. My this is an indication that the U.S. military is taking the international community more seriously. It would have been nice if the Apollo was a NATO ship or otherwise internationally crewed. I thought one of the engineers was Russian at first...that would have been really cool!

I like Ellis, he doesn't lie to you, but he isn't disrespectful. You know where you stand with him.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter View Post
                  I was struck by his use of Sheppard's first name, though. Makes me wonder if the two served together in the past.
                  Made you think that, didn't it? Watch this space I guess.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

He don't take crap from anyone including weir or Shepperd he does what he feels is right.

I also hope he is around for a long time.
                    Well i have seen him yet i think he is the last ep of season 3 of atlantis right
                    He sounds good as supose i will see when its on in the UK right
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                      Well i have seen him yet i think he is the last ep of season 3 of atlantis right
                      He sounds good as supose i will see when its on in the UK right
                      seen him love him like the opening post says he don't take crap from nobody.

Comment

I love his don't take no BS attitude and it's about time. all the captain before him (aside from Caldwell. have been ...well lets just say not really meant for the job.

but I like how Micheal apporches the character

Comment

I think they introduced him similar to Caldwell... like you didn't like him at first. In fact, you didn't really like Caldwell until after "Critical Mass" (he wasn't so nice in "Intruder" or "Conversion"). I thought it was interesting that Ellis was apologizing already at the end of the first episode he's in. So it makes me wonder what they have planned for his character and how long they plan on keeping him. I mean, let's face it, Caldwell and Ellis aren't in a very good line of work. Pendergast, Chekov and Emerson have already bit the dust!

I should probably go ahead and add Ellis to my little sig:

and now pics:

So.... I don't think they're going to keep TWO ships and commanders around... who do you think they'll kill off?? Ellis? keep the guy we already know? Or has Caldwell been around too long? (sorry, I'm a little pissy when it comes to killing off characters, even minor ones).

Comment

weee can't wait till be all my sins remembered hopefully we will be able to see lots of micheal

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
                              weee can't wait till be all my sins remembered hopefully we will be able to see lots of micheal
                              Yay!@!! I loved him in this episode! Sorry, I'm such a sucker for ship commander
                              Spoiler:
                              I love Rodney, but I also love how he totally chewed Rodney out, lol! And then he took reprimand from Sam well, I liked that two. And him and Caldwell together!? soooo awesome! And the best part, neither him nor Caldwell died!! I'm so happy

I don't have pics from BAMSR, but here are some from First Strike:

oh, this one is BAMSR but completely lacking in spoilerage cuz it looks just like FS...

Comment

Working...
                              X