No announcement yet.

Rare Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty boring with my SG-1 central ships, I only really ship Daniel/Sha're.
    Do crossover ships counts?
    I have too many Star Wars/SG-1 ones.

Comment

Originally posted by manteias View Post
      I'm pretty boring with my SG-1 central ships, I only really ship Daniel/Sha're.
      Do crossover ships counts?
      I have too many Star Wars/SG-1 ones.
      You can never be boring with ships.
      And crossover counts.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, good :') This is making want to get into fic writing again.

Obi-Wan/Sam was always one I thought could be interesting
        (prequels obi-wan)

Comment

Sam/Thor

SamandThor.jpg
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Tealc and Daniel Jackson is kind of not so common.

Comment

does Sam & Martouf/Lantash count as a "rare" pairing? I know the vast majority of Stargate fans ship Sam with O'Neill, maybe that's why not many fans ship her with any other characters. But I personally love Sam with Martouf, I love their great relationship and their chemistry together I've also seen some other fans who also ship Sam & Martouf together, but I've rarely seen anyone who ships her with anyone else besides these 2 characters...although I've seen a few who ship her with Daniel though. I think after O'Neill, Martouf is probably the second most popular character that fans ship Sam with, but even so the amount of shippers for Sam & Martouf are still quite small compared to the Sam & O'Neill ship.

The popularity of the Sam & O'Neill pairing is just so overwhelming in the Stargate fanbase that all the other ships just don't come even close. I'm just glad that there are still some fans who love Sam & Martouf together

Comment

Originally posted by LindaL100 View Post
                does Sam & Martouf/Lantash count as a "rare" pairing?
                It does...

Sam/Janet is also very popular, next to Sam/Daniel or Sam/Cam.

The largest SG-1 group has to be Jack/Daniel though, closely followed by Sam/Jack -- those are definitely not rare pairings.

Comment

Really? I didn't notice those pairings were so popular...from my own experience, I've seen more people who ship Sam with Martouf than any other character (besides O'Neill of course), and some ship Sam & Daniel, but rarely do I see anyone ship Sam with Mitchell, in fact I have yet to see a fan who ships them. I always had the impression Mitchell was one of the characters people ship Sam with the least, since I hardly see any Sam & Mitchell shippers, I've seen more people who ship Sam & Martouf and Sam & Daniel.

Is O'Neill & Daniel really that big of a ship? Because I've seen far more Sam & O'Neill shippers than any other ship in the fandom.
                  But these are just observations from my own personal experience...other people probably have different experiences.

Anyway another couple that I love but seem to have very few fans is Daniel & Sha're, I've always loved their relationship, it's obvious they loved each other very much, it's sad that in the end Daniel wasn't able to save her. I think Sha're was the first woman Daniel ever truly loved so much, but I haven't seen many people who like this couple...the vast majority of Daniel fans I've seen seem to ship him with Vala.

Comment

I suggest visiting Archive of Our Own to get a feel of the general likes and/or dislikes as far as pairings go.

It really depends where you're looking but AO3 gives a pretty good overview of the whole who does what with who. Even pairings with characters that never had one scene together, in a manner of speaking.

I'm a fan of Daniel/Sha're. I really like that relationship and it's a canon one.
                    Daniel/Janet is also a favorite. Sam/Janet.

But I'm a bit more active in the Atlantis fandom these days, where my favorite pairings are varied but Kate/Teyla, Kate/John and John/Elizabeth take the lead.

Comment

thanks I'll check it out...I agree that it really depends on where you look, certain couples or pairings could be more popular than others on some sites, but other pairings could be more popular on other sites. Everyone has different experiences and may have encountered different types of fans after all, so you might see more fans who ship Sam with Daniel or Mitchell etc, while I have seen more fans who ship Sam with Martouf etc, it doesn't necessarily mean either one of us are right or wrong. The Stargate fanbase in general is just so huge, so it's difficult to determine for sure which couples are the most popular with fans, different sites tend to have different statistics on that, so it doesn't help very much.

But from all the sites I've went to that has a significant Stargate community, the general consensus seem to be that Sam & O'Neill are the most popular or at least 1 of the most popular Stargate couples by far. As for the rarer pairings, from my own personal experience, I think most of the other pairings could be considered 'rare' pairings in comparison.

Comment

I hate S/J with the heat of a thousand suns so I generally avoid places where it's the be all, end all of all pairings.

Comment

S/J? Do you mean Sam & Jack O'Neill or Sam & Janet Fraiser?

If you mean Sam & O'Neill then I completely agree, I dislike them together too, I like them as just good friends and colleagues, I could never understand the appeal of this pairing and it doesn't help that I don't like O'Neill's character overall, so I don't like him with Sam. I would much rather prefer Sam with Martouf or Daniel or even Mitchell over O'Neill, I think the Sam & O'Neill ship is probably 1 of the most over-rated pairings I've ever seen from any show.

But if you mean Sam & Janet together, then I don't really like that pairing either, I like them together as just good friends, they were like sisters and I love how close they were, sad Janet died

Comment

Originally posted by LindaL100 View Post
                            S/J? Do you mean Sam & Jack O'Neill or Sam & Janet Fraiser?
                            Sorry, I assumed everybody knows S/J stands for Sam/Jack -- or is the most used for it anyway.

Especially, since a few posts earlier, I made a mention I like Sam/Janet (which is also S/J but in a different category and less referred to it that way).

Comment

It's a little confusing when both pairings are referred to as "S/J" so I wanted to be sure, thanks for clarifying.

Anyway another rare pairing I like is Sam & Jonas Quinn, I believe this pairing is VERY rare compared to many others since the only person I know so far who likes them together is myself lol I really liked Sam's relationship with Jonas in S6, I think Sam was the most welcoming of Jonas joining the team after Daniel left and she was the one who encouraged O'Neill to give Jonas a chance to prove himself on the team and forgive him. Unlike O'Neill, Sam respected Jonas from the start and she really brought him into the fold and under her wing, they had this kind of mentor/pupil working relationship and I think it's because of this reason that Jonas had the closest relationship with Sam, they worked great together in S6, and I like the idea of them as a couple too it's too bad that Jonas was a main character only in 1 season and then only guest appeared in 1 episode in S7 and that was the last we ever saw of him, I wish he had become a permanent member of the team and stayed for the rest of the seasons I would rather have Jonas back than to have Mitchell & Vala join the show.
                              And I just realised that this pairing can also be referred as "S/J", it's getting even more confusing now!

Honestly I ship Sam with several guys in SG-1, I like her with Daniel, Mitchell and Jonas, but my OTP is still Sam & Martouf no other Stargate couple or pairing comes close to Sam & Martouf for me!
                              I'm really disappointed that Sam did not end up with either of these guys though instead it was hinted many times in SG-1 and once in SGA that she ended up with the one male character whom I dislike her with; O'Neill although this pairing was never officially confirmed, but we can all agree that Sam & O'Neill were strongly hinted to be a couple.

Comment

It's all in the eye of the beholder, and bar from the canon couples nothing is certain. I don't care about hints or whatever. If it wasn't specifically said or shown, it's not canon for me.

In fanfiction anything is possible (as fanfic authors demonstrate on a daily basis).

Comment

Working...
                                X