No announcement yet.

Rare Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you, as long as these couples or pairings are not officially confirmed, they can't be considered canon, despite the fact that there were many hints implying that Sam & O'Neill became a couple, but it was never actually confirmed so they should not be considered canon.
    The only pairings that are canon are couples who were actually together in the series like Daniel & Sha're and Sam & and that cop Pete Shanahan.

But if you include alternate realities, then Sam & O'Neill were shown to be "canon" in at least 2 alternate realities in the earliest seasons, Sam & Martouf were also mentioned to be canon in 1 alternate reality, and so were Sam & Rodney. But pairings and events that happened in alternate realities are probably not considered 'canon'.

Comment

Alternate realities are not this reality. But canon they are.
      As far as realities go, only Earth 1 (otherwise I'm going to confuse myself) is of importance.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

it's just that some people don't consider alternate realities to be real canon, if they are then pairings like Sam & O'Neill and Sam & Martouf would have to be considered "canon" too, but most fans I've seen don't consider these couples to be real 'canon' couples even though they were together in alternate realities.

Many people seem to consider pairings and events that actually happened in the main universe that the show is based in real 'canon'...some consider alternate realities to be just 'possibilities' rather than actually canon. I guess it's a matter of subjectivity...

Comment

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

As with the alternate reality canon couples thing, I agree that a lot of people just seem oblivious or just outright dismissive to it. Especially if they include a char from their favorite ships, and they just don't multi ship. It's all a matter of opinion and perception though. The cool new ideas and ship fics though is why AO3 is so great.

Personally, my fav alt reality ship & OTP is Sam & Rodney, but I ship a lot of people, lol. One rare pairing example I like is the idea of Vala/Rodney.. I just think they'd work well together emotionally and get into all sorts of funny mishaps.

Comment

I never did jump on board with the whole Sam/ Jack thing either.
              Sam and Martouf all the way for me.
              I tend to think that anything D and C and thereafter is set in an alternate reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Gefjon87 View Post
                I tend to think that anything D and C and thereafter is set in an alternate reality.
                Just sail along on the river of Denial -- there's always room on my boat since they killed off one of my favorite characters in SGA which was also part of my OTP --> Kate/Teyla - Kate Heightmeyer bit the dust in Doppelganger.

Comment

Originally posted by Gefjon87 View Post
                  I never did jump on board with the whole Sam/ Jack thing either.
                  Sam and Martouf all the way for me.
                  yay glad to see another Sam & Martouf shipper! IMO they were the couple that should've happened and should've been endgame! Martouf did not deserve to die he deserved to have a happy ending with Sam! At least they were together for a while in an alternate reality, I think that's the most we will ever get as far as Sam & Martouf romance is concerned...it's still better than nothing I suppose.

As for whether alternate realities should be considered real canon or not, I agree that it really depends on individual opinion, some consider it canon and some don't.

Comment

Another couple I like and can be considered "rare" is Teal'c & Ishta, I like them together a lot, they're both very similar, both rebelled against their respective Goa'uld lords to fight for a better future for their people and they're both very strong-willed, they were such a good couple together which is why it's so disappointing that Ishta only appeared in 2 episodes and then she just disappeared and was never mentioned again she was such a great character with so much potential, I liked her alot and wanted her and Teal'c to have their happy ending, after losing their respective partners, they deserved to be happy together. And they were actually canon in the series...however I assume their relationship didn't last since Ishta never appeared again after ep 8x09 and she was never mentioned again afterwards

But I don't see many people who ship them together, anyone else here who likes Teal'c & Ishta?

Comment

Teal'c & Ishta... I can't even remember who she was but I think you mean the Jaffa woman.

That was indeed a nice side-relationship. Teal'c had a few women on the side.

Comment

yes Ishta was the leader of the all-female Jaffa Hak'tyl Resistance, I think she and Teal'c were great together, I just wish we could've seen more of her in the series. Like I said before she was such a great character with so much potential to bring more to the series, it has always confused me as to why the Hak'tyl was represented by Ka'lel on the Jaffa high Council when Ishta was their leader, shouldn't Ishta be the representative since she's the leader? The only reason I can think of that would explain why Ishta didn't come back after only 2 episodes is that the actress who played Ishta Jolene Blalock was working on 'Star Trek Enterprise' which was being filmed at the same time as seasons 7 & 8, so the actress was probably busy with ST Enterprise & the producers couldn't get her back for more eps.

Well Teal'c had romantic relationships with a few women in the series, 1 of them was his wife of course, he also had a relationship with a Jaffa priestess whom he was involved with before he met his wife (they reunited later), and finally Ishta was the last woman he was romantically linked with. I wish Ishta had come back, I really wanted her & Teal'c to be endgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Sorry, I assumed everybody knows S/J stands for Sam/Jack -- or is the most used for it anyway.

Especially, since a few posts earlier, I made a mention I like Sam/Janet (which is also S/J but in a different category and less referred to it that way).
                          I'm not a Sam/Jack fan either. I do however ship John/Sam, and I don't even care if I'm the only one (although I don't think I am). I know Jack/Sam is quite popular, so it's good to find fellow people who don't ship them. Though that's not to say I'm saying there's anything wrong with shipping them, it's personal preference and we're not all going to like the same ships. I respect those that do ship them.

I also ship Daniel/Sam and Cameron/Sam, although I think I'm starting to ship John/Sam more than D/S.
                          sigpic
                          He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

I wonder if there are any Teal'c/Tanith fics. Lovehate is a really interesting thing...

Comment

I can't remember if I ever posted in this thread before as it would have been a few years ago now (!) but I have always been a bit of a Fraiser / Hammond shipper.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                                I can't remember if I ever posted in this thread before as it would have been a few years ago now (!) but I have always been a bit of a Fraiser / Hammond shipper.
                                You would not be the only one as I have seen that pairing pop up here and there on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                                X