Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adria/Morena Baccarin Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

(Spoilers season 10)

Perhaps this is a little premature but I suppose we will see.

I think the second actress we saw gave the most convincing performance. However there was one thing that I noticed about her that completely mystified me. When she was eating her food she just touched her lips to the food it was a very unnatural type of action. I wonder if the fast maturing didn't give her a chance to master all of her motor skills.
    Last edited by captain jake; 18 July 2006, 12:44 AM.
    sigpic

Anybody have any thoughts?

Perhaps it was premature.
    sigpic

Comment

I think that all the gilrs that played Adria did a brilliant job, she seemed to lose her innocence as she grew

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

I wonder how old she will be the next time we see her? My guess is that she will hit 25-30 and peak. After that she will age at a normal rate but who knows I could easily be wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

Doesn't Adria remind anyone else of Alia from Dune? you know the creepy little sister of Paul who aged quickly and had powers?? (if you've seen the old version of dune, you might be with me in wishing we had the chance to see young Adria say "how can this be??? for he is the kwisacs haderacs" in a creepy voice... hehe.)

Anyway, so when I found out that she was going to be played by the same actress as Inara, I made this photomannip:

Lol, so it's a Dune/Firefly crossover linked together with Stargate, mwhaha! and yes, I purposely chose a creepy picture of Inara.
          I was kinda dissapointed that her eyes looked more Red than blue, lol:

Comment

i cannot wait to see morena baccarin in this role. assuming its written well, its going to be very cool. she's a brilliant actress.

i thought the second kid was better at playing her than the first, but realisically you can't really expect a child that young to deliver lines that complicated convincingly. it could have helped to make the lines sound colder, but the delivery just sounded a bit like she didn't understand what she was saying. maybe thats a good thing. maybe thats what they were going for, but i just thought that the slightly older child did a slightly more convincing job.

can't wait to see adria as an adult though. it could be excellent. one of the best, if not the best thing about this season if done right.

Comment

In "Flesh and Blood"
              Spoiler:
              Adria demonstrated incredible
              intelligence despite her young age. We won't see her again until
              episode 7: "Counter Strike". We can't say much about her at this
              point, but we do know that she is an Ori in human form and
              possesses healing powers similar to the ones that O'Neill used
              in "Lost City Part 2".
              sigpic

Comment

I think that TPTB are going to at some point in an episode use the angle that Adria cares about her mother to a degree. Adria has shown this already when towards the end of Flesh & Blood she

Spoiler:
                healed Vala and sounded distressed when she cried "mother!"

I am very interested to see how this character develops.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  i cannot wait to see morena baccarin in this role. assuming its written well, its going to be very cool. she's a brilliant actress.
                  me neither i think she should stay Young

Comment

No she has to grow old, cause isn't that companion from "Firefly" going to play the older Adria???

And that little girl scares me, lol. Anyone seen the "silent Hill" movie yet??? Maybe then you'll see why, lol. Na, she's cool.

Spoiler:
                    Thanks Stef for the great banners!!

My StarGate Music Vids: http://www.freewebs.com/padfoot_001

Comment

you know the second girl actually looks like an evil ballerina.
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL!!!!!!

Awww, ain't she cute.

Now click on this link and you'll see why she freaks me out (very scary pic, but I dont like scary movies

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/03845...and,%20Jodelle

*shudders*

Spoiler:
                        Thanks Stef for the great banners!!

My StarGate Music Vids: http://www.freewebs.com/padfoot_001

Comment

^My god she looks freaky, told you she was a evil ballerina
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padfoot_001
                            that pic looks awesome!

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been addressed anywhere yet, but do you think Adria has naquadah in her blood? Vala does from being a host. We've seen her use Goa'uld technolgy. And doesn't a mother's blood intermingle with the child's during pregnancy? So quite possibly Adria will have the powers of the Ori and the Goa'uld (minus the glowing eyes). Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X