No announcement yet.

SIGHTINGS! Stargate Actors on other shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it does matter. It shows there's no integrity in upholding the, at least semi-major, characters of SG-1.

And, furthermore, if they were going to re-cycle that actor, he deserved a longer-lasting role!

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
      Umm... Dr. Weir's husband is Narim.
      WTF, they couldn't just pick someone up off the street to play her husband!
      Yes, Narim and The Revisions Guy (with the red hair). This was mentioned on
      the episode subthread. (Beat you to it!)

I have to chuckle at the notion that TPTB thought we SG-1 fans might not
      notice character recycling.

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
      appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
      full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
      in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

I don't understand why Narim is causing an uproar, but nobody seems to care that Dr. Weir went from a tall blue eyed blond to a tiny brown eyed brunette!
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

When in doubt, I explain it this way:

MULTIVERSE!

LOL, seriously... I felt the same way. I was like, "Simon... NARIM!?!?" and then I clasped the screen. Not really, but it sounded more dramatic.

WHA? Peter Matthews in there too? Okay I gotta see this for myself if it holds up.
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
            I don't understand why Narim is causing an uproar, but nobody seems to care that Dr. Weir went from a tall blue eyed blond to a tiny brown eyed brunette!
            I can understand why people are a little taken aback seeing Garwin Sanford in a role other than Narim. I'm over it, but it was a little weird. The problem doesn't exist for people who have never seen Narim or are new fans to Stargate through Atlantis. It's only us die-hards who have to deal with it.

As far as the Weir switch: It's one thing to take a new character that is barely developed and switch the actor playing her and another to switch the role of an actor who had previously played well-developed character.

Ummm...does that even make sense? I'm not sure. Anyway, Garwin Sanford was only ever in three episodes of Stargate (as opposed to Tom McBeath's ten or Ronny Cox's nine), but they were critical storylines in the Stargate universe and he was a generally well-liked character. I guess TPTB liked him a lot, too! And why wouldn't they? He's a great actor.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

You know, there are other people in the world who look and act like Elvis... but they ain't Elvis.

Seems reasonable to me.

I know they couldn't disguise him with makeup aka a Vaughn Armstrong or a Jeffrey Combs for different roles, but hey, it's actually a blessing they've brought him back... SIMONARIM!!!

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_15.shtml

this picutre confuses me. I don't remember this part at all!

My personal site www.krawdaddy.net
                Admin/Co-Owner: DiscussNASCAR.com | Admin: DiscussAnything.com | SuperMod: ChopperWeb.net

Comment

I think that was just a joke.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I don't think it was explained if "Narim" was Weir's hubby or boyfriend, but one would think he was a boyfriend/significant other. A spouse? Well, sending a video to a spouse would be sooo tacky. I mean, "Gee honey, won't be home for dinner. Left you 12,000 TV Dinners in the freezer" till I get back." Uh, don't think so....

Garwin will reprise the role in the episode "Home" so we'll find out.

Would be nice if Scifi.com would at least give the poor guy a credit on their page. Wasn't there last night....

Comment

Originally posted by airdish
                      See, and I didn't like the thought of him even seeing the video. Way too much at stake for them to just start telling people even if it was her husband. Who knows how many ways someone could get their hands on the tape. It would have worked better if she told him to his face and told him not to tell anyone. Two other things: One- I for one did not notice that is was the same guy as that other dude. And I have all the DVDs. Two- I thought the whole scene was worthless. It was just in a montage and I guess we will see him in one other show, but I would rather the Doc not have any family (that we know of) and maybe let the “can I say goodbye twice?” episode be between McKay and Sam.
                      Well, I think it's fair to say that the montage was a way to tell all the new viewers a little about what was going on. After all, TPTB can't assume that every viewer came from SG-1 (at least I'm sure they're hoping and praying there's some new blood).

As far as Narim being in there, I thought it was great. I recognized him right away, and thought it was a cool throwaway bit for those of us who are big fans of the show. After watching shows like the X-Files and Buffy (not to mention Kevin Smith movies ), I'm used to seeing the same actor appear as multiple characters.
                      Jack: "I'm confident."
                      Daniel: "Me too."
                      Teal'c: "As am I."

Comment

who reads the credits? ANyone?? I know i dont

Comment

I read the opening credits (after the opening title sequence), but I don't read the end credits until I get the DVDs. They're impossible for me to read because SciFi squishes them off to the side in order to show previews.
                          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                          once done, cannot be undone...
                          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

thats so weird!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              Garwin will reprise the role in the episode "Home" so we'll find out.
                              Yeah, we might find out, unless we find out in "Home" that it's all some crazy Wrath-induced mindtrick meant to easier lull the Tau'ri into a feeding grounds -- and that nothing that should be like it actually was, actually is!

Comment

In Childhood's End the actor that plays Keras is the same actor form the sg1 eps Proving Ground, Summit, and last stand. This is now the third actor that has been used in two different roles on each show. Now is there some sort of shortage of actors in canada. If they need new people to play a role i would be more then happy to move up there and play one of the roles.

Comment

Working...
                                X