No announcement yet.

SIGHTINGS! Stargate Actors on other shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's only because certain actors are handy and versatile. It's not bad. Most viewers never notice it.

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-
    I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

One time, I was flipping through the channels, and I saw Lucy Lawless playing another character on Hercules. I think the agent probably hooks the actors up with work, even if it's on the same show, or a related one.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Meh, I don't mind- I actually kinda like recognizing them. Makes me feel special
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Re-use the same actors because they're good and because they're already familiar with the show and how things "work" on the set. They'll be familiar with the cast, so it'll make meshing them into whatever storyline that much easier. SG-1 actors showing up on Atlantis is more or less the same thing, but with more of an emphasis on the understanding of behind-the-scenes stuff.

Plus, there's probably less paperwork involved.

And did I mention that they're GOOD??

Comment

I agree they are good, and that it may be easier, i probably would not have noticed if i had not seen last stand earlier this week, and this one really did not bother me. But using the actor who played Narim that was well weird, none the less I love Atlantis and can't wait till next weeks ep.

Comment

Spoilers for all seasons (character/actor descriptions, hopefully no major plot spoilers, but beware anyway)
              Watching both SG-1 ("Avatar") and Atlantis ("Childhood's End") tonight, I was struck that both had major actor reuses. I thought a fun thread would be to point out how many actor reuses there have been...

I'll start off with as many as I can think of:
              • Keras ("Childhood's End") was Lt. Elliot (multiple episodes, SG-1)
              • Doctor guy from "Avatar" and the guy from "Learning Curve"
              • The recast Cassie ("Rite of Passage") was also Ally ("Bane")
              • Halling (multiple episodes, Atlantis) was that guy in "Revisions"
              • Random soldier in "Lockdown" was also Young General Hammond ("1969")
              • Sokar and Anubis (hardly counts since we never see a face for Anubis, but we know they're both David Palffy)
              • Anybody played by Alex Zaharas (Michael from "1969", many aliens; hardly counts for the same reasons)
              • Lt. Tyler ("The Fifth Man") and Jaffa training leader ("Rules of Engagement")
              • Narim (multiple episodes, SG-1) and Simon ("Rising")
              • And I think, if someone can confirm this for me, the evil leader of the army in "New Ground" and the second-in-command from "Cure" were the same guy...but I might be wrong about that one
              Well there you go. That's seven clear reuses that I can think of (including one that was a recasting!), two reuses that hardly count because they involve heavy costumes or makeup, and another one that I'm not sure of. I'm sure I've missed more. For instance, I also know that the minor DeLuises (not Dom or David) have had minor roles, but I wouldn't recognize them...
              It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

I noticed and was wondering the same thing
                K

Comment

In which new episodes played Narim? Can you please tell me? I havent noticed
                  Thanks
                  "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Narim had a cameo in Rising, part 1 and will appear in Home (which airs in two weeks)

Comment

The reason for useing the same people in different shows is very complexe. Say you work in a place where there are many jobs. They start up a new job,but it will only last 2 weeks at the most. You don't hire some one just because there is a job there,you put some one there that can handle the load and proform with efficency. Yes that is what a standin is for,but agin you don't put some one in a job that you don't thing can handle the load.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rabbit
                        In Childhood's End the actor that plays Keras is the same actor form the sg1 eps Proving Ground, Summit, and last stand. This is now the third actor that has been used in two different roles on each show. Now is there some sort of shortage of actors in canada. If they need new people to play a role i would be more then happy to move up there and play one of the roles.
                        Third? I know Narim and Elliot, but who's the other one?
                        spook

Comment

some minor guest character you forget instantly, I suppose

Comment

You're right about the New Ground/Cure one.

- Dr. Beckett was the young Ernest Littlefield in tToT.
                            - Tyler/Nelson was Dion Johnson who was also Nao'nak, Chaka and Warrick off the top of my head.
                            - Dan Payne was an SF in Fragile Balance and is one of the Wraith warriors and one of the Kull Warriors.
                            - Zenna Valk from Cure will be in an upcoming Atlantis ep (the actress obviously )
                            - Shane Mieir (sp?) was in Childhood's End and also A Hundred Days.
                            - Simon from Demons was the guy from Cor-ai.
                            - PDL has played SFs, DSRV drivers, Jaffa, Tok'ra, Asgard, Urgo and random guys on the street .
                            - Maj. Coburn is of course Cammy

That's all I can think of ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              - Dr. Beckett was the young Ernest Littlefield in tToT.
                              I did not know that! Hence why I wanted to do this thread.
                              - Shane Mieir (sp?) was in Childhood's End and also A Hundred Days.
                              Which characters in those episodes?
                              - Simon from Demons was the guy from Cor-ai.
                              Oh, I knew this one too, I just forgot to list it. This is actually probably one of the first reuses for an actor in the series, at least for someone who was a main character in an episode. Hey, it's Season 3, surely they'll forget this guy from Season 1!!!
                              - Maj. Coburn is of course Cammy
                              I'm drawing a blank on these characters.

Comment

Oh yeah, the main army commander for the good guys (don't remember his name, the one whose wife was taking care of Daniel) in "Icon" looked awful familiar. Had he been in SG-1 previously?

Comment

Working...
                                X