X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate cast and crew seek new Sanctuary

Uhh....okay.

This is probably stupid since well...I'm a little out of it today, but does this mean:

1. It's an actual series.
    2. This *isn't* the new series set to air.

Any other info would be nice...I'm probably needlessly confused, right?

I spotted it on one of the BC Film Lists awhile ago, so there will be filming of some kind. Its not on the one at the BC Film Commission yet, not sure why.
    Thats pretty much all I know.

Comment

Originally posted by xnitexmarex248 View Post
      Uhh....okay.

This is probably stupid since well...I'm a little out of it today, but does this mean:

1. It's an actual series.
      2. This *isn't* the new series set to air.

Any other info would be nice...I'm probably needlessly confused, right?
      If by "new series" you meaen new Stargate, then no it's not that. It's a new series that stars Amanda Tapping. Several Stargate behind the scenes people are also part of it. But it IS NOT part of the Stargate universe even though it was filmed at the same studio Stargate is.

They filmed 4 episodes. They will air in the net, not on tv. So far no word it Sancuary will go farther than that. Depends on the draw. It's an experiment. If it's quality I hope it does well. If not, well they thought outside the Stargate box for a bit.

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I reckon it sounds awesome. This viewer "interaction" thing intrigues me.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
          I reckon it sounds awesome. This viewer "interaction" thing intrigues me.
          Yep. It's definitely one of the aspects that will set it apart from traditional television shows.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            If by "new series" you meaen new Stargate, then no it's not that. It's a new series that stars Amanda Tapping. Several Stargate behind the scenes people are also part of it. But it IS NOT part of the Stargate universe even though it was filmed at the same studio Stargate is.

They filmed 4 episodes. They will air in the net, not on tv. So far no word it Sancuary will go farther than that. Depends on the draw. It's an experiment. If it's quality I hope it does well. If not, well they thought outside the Stargate box for a bit.

Suse

Thank you for clearing that up! At least now it makes sense.

Comment

Wow, AT looks sooooo different with long dark hair that I didn't recognize her!!!

The episodes don't have a release date yet, do they?
              Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
              (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
                Wow, AT looks sooooo different with long dark hair that I didn't recognize her!!!

The episodes don't have a release date yet, do they?
                What picture are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  What picture are you talking about?
                  The picture you can find here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    The picture you can find here.
                    She does look quite different with dark hair. I too didn't quite recognize her at first.

Comment

Things we presently know about the new series Sanctuary...

It is not the third Stargate series. It is a whole new entity completely separate of the Stargate franchise. However, several people involved with the Stargate franchise are also involved with the production of Sanctuary.

Executive Producers: Martin Wood, Amanda Tapping, N. John Smith, Damian Kindler, amongst others. Jim Menard is also involved with the new series.

Cast includes Amanda Tapping, Christopher Heyerdahl (Pallan, Revisions), Robin Dunne
                      and several cast members yet to be named.

David Hewlett will guest star in several episodes.

Amanda first mentioned this project back in July 2006 at the Shore Leave Convention. She couldn't say much other than she would be a member of the cast as well as an EP and that the sci-fi genre had been very good to her and she hoped we liked the new project.

Sanctuary, is the first of it's kind internet series -- meaning each of the episodes will be broadcast via the internet and will be open to all borders, so fans from countries other than Canada and the US will have full access.

Each episode is expected to be the traditional 40-min length; however, Sanctuary will not be bound by time constraints as most television shows are so each episode may vary depending on the length of the story they wish to tell.

The only information given thus far about the series' story is that it will have a similiar feel to Batman Begins and that there is a possibility that the series will have a level of interactivity.

There are currently four episodes already filmed and whether or not there will be more will depend upon the support they receive from viewers.

At present, the new series will be aired sometime in Spring 2007 and more information about the series will be added soon to the Sanctuary Website.

Just click the picture in my sig for a link to the Sanctuary site.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 February 2007, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Oooh, I dind;t know Martin Wood and Damian Kindler are also involved! yay.

Makes you wonder tho how much hey'll be able to manipulate between Sanctuary/ SGA/ SG1 movies.

Amanda looks weird. Cool weird.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I wonder if they'll go pay per view or ad-based to pay for more episodes if they do choose to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            Things we presently know about the new series Sanctuary...

It is not the third Stargate series. It is a whole new entity completely separate of the Stargate franchise. However, several people involved with the Stargate franchise are also involved with the production of Sanctuary.

Executive Producers: Martin Wood, Amanda Tapping, N. John Smith, Damian Kindler, amongst others. Jim Menard is also involved with the new series.

Cast includes Amanda Tapping, Christopher Heyerdahl (Pallan, Revisions), Robin Dunne
                            and several cast members yet to be named.

David Hewlett will guest star in several episodes.

Amanda first mentioned this project back in July 2006 at the Shore Leave Convention. She couldn't say much other than she would be a member of the cast as well as an EP and that the sci-fi genre had been very good to her and she hoped we liked the new project.

Sanctuary, is the first of it's kind internet series -- meaning each of the episodes will be broadcast via the internet and will be open to all borders, so fans from countries other than Canada and the US will have full access.

Each episode is expected to be the traditional 40-min length; however, Sanctuary will not be bound by time constraints as most television shows are so each episode may vary depending on the length of the story they wish to tell.

The only information given thus far about the series' story is that it will have a similiar feel to Batman Begins and that there is a possibility that the series will have a level of interactivity.

There are currently four episodes already filmed and whether or not there will be more will depend upon the support they receive from viewers.

At present, the new series will be aired sometime in Spring 2007 and more information about the series will be added soon to the Sanctuary Website.

Just click the picture in my sig for a link to the Sanctuary site.
                            Here this might prove intresting for all you curious folk out there the below is cut directly from the source coding of the sanctuary website.

"<title>Sanctuary SCI-FI Series </title>
                            <meta name="KEYWORDS"
                            content ="monsters, chris heyerdahl, sanctuary, amanda tapping, stargate, robin dunne, science fiction, hdtv, high definition, stargate, SG-1, sci fi, sci-fi, david hewlett, kindler aubanel, todd masters, atlantis, battlestar galactica, high def, fantasy, horror, creatures, paul mcgillion, visual effects, SPFX, sanctuary for all, wood, martin, damian"
                            >
                            <meta name="DESCRIPTION"
                            content="The most advanced, fully integrated sci fi series ever produced. Starring Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne, SANCTUARY features state of the art visual effects and award-winning creature design while existing on multiple media platforms. The future of sci fi entertainment is here."

doesn't add much information however it does add a few names that i haven't heard as being associated with the pic just yet such as Paul McGillion.

thanks for reading

Comment

Originally posted by Fidelis View Post
                              Here this might prove intresting for all you curious folk out there the below is cut directly from the source coding of the sanctuary website.

<snip>

"The most advanced, fully integrated sci fi series ever produced. Starring Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne, SANCTUARY features state of the art visual effects and award-winning creature design while existing on multiple media platforms. The future of sci fi entertainment is here."
                              Thanks for copying that and showing it to us. The bolded part is interesting to me, because it looks like some kind of extended tagline that would be used in an advertisement, but there's nothing like that on the website right now.

I'm only just learning about HTML, so maybe there's a reason for it not actually showing up. Either way, it's good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X