FedCon 16, June 8 - 10 in Bonn, Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedCon 16, June 8 - 10 in Bonn, Germany

I didn't see a thread for this yet, so I figured I'd create one. It'll be mostly Star Trek actors as guests there, but Paul McGillion will also be there.

I was kicking myself for deciding not to go to the last two cons in the UK or Germany back in November, and now I'm kind of curious how many people from the boards here are going to this one. I'm seriously considering going on vacation to Germany to attend this (and to see my cousin), and I'd feel a LOT better about deciding to go if I know that I'll meet lots of cool people from GateWorld there.

So, how about it? Anybody else going besides Phibi? Anybody else going to be sticking around and be wanting to do some sightseeing?

Hilarious, I go looking for a thread on this and YOU of all people had started one!

I second Jersey's post. As an American who has never been to a con in the first place (I've heard stories from my friends on the ones here), what can I expect from this one? Any experiences???

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Okay liebe Leute, die FedCon in Bonn hat dieses Jahr einiges zu bieten! Dieses Jahr werden unter anderem:

Jonathan Frakes
      James Callis
      Jewel Staite
      Paul McGillion (Jewel UND Paul..... Ouhauerha)
      Nana Visitor
      Armin Shimerman

da sein!

Wird irgendjemand von hier hingehen? Ich habe es leider selber nie geschafft obwohl ich sogar eine Zeitlang in Köln gelebt habe (zuuu teuer...leider)

and a short version in English: the FedCon 2007 in Bonn has a LOT of great guests this year. Does anyone plan to attend (I especially hope that some Paul fans will go)

FedCon 2007 Website
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
        and a short version in English: the FedCon 2007 in Bonn has a LOT of great guests this year. Does anyone plan to attend (I especially hope that some Paul fans will go)
        I'm now planning on going. If I can get airfare cheap enough, and it looks like I just might be able to get a good price flying via Iceland Air, I'm so there!

The only thing I'm kinda worried about is transportation... Have you been to Bonn before, and how is public transit there? Will I need a rental car, or is the public transit good enough that I shouldn't need it?

It'll be my first time traveling out of the country, too. You'll hold my hand, won'tcha Jenner?

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
          I'm now planning on going. If I can get airfare cheap enough, and it looks like I just might be able to get a good price flying via Iceland Air, I'm so there!

The only thing I'm kinda worried about is transportation... Have you been to Bonn before, and how is public transit there? Will I need a rental car, or is the public transit good enough that I shouldn't need it?

It'll be my first time traveling out of the country, too. You'll hold my hand, won'tcha Jenner?
          Hahahaha, yes, but you won't need it.

So, since I/we am now flying all the way to Germany for a con, does this make me/us one of those super crazy fans?

sigpic
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
            Hahahaha, yes, but you won't need it.

So, since I/we am now flying all the way to Germany for a con, does this make me/us one of those super crazy fans?
            Oh, I'm fairly sure that Paul loves us super-crazy fangirlish types the most of all!

Comment

Oh, I'm fairly sure that Paul loves us super-crazy fangirlish types the most of all!
              I hope so!

Then again what man wouldnt love women flying to another continent for him......

So anyone else going or thinking of going?

sigpic
              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Honey, I lived in Cologne and trust me the public transportation in most European cities, especially in Germany beats the US public transportation without breaking into a sweat. You can travel around Bonn with the tram and bus and of course by foot, no big deal.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Hi,
                  In collaboration with FEDCON 16, The Scifi World has 5 weekend passes and 10 day passes to offer you for the convention!

How do you win your free tickets?
                  Simply go to this page and answer the 4 questions:
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net/articles/fedcon16-01.htm

I'll be there by the way!
                  Gilles
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Working...
                  X