Page 725 of 725 FirstFirst ... 225625675715722723724725
Results 14,481 to 14,499 of 14499
    First Lieutenant Nikki Alexander's Avatar

Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

I love the fact that it's basically one big Stargate reunion lol. I don't think there are that many cast members that haven't been in Stargate, I didn't know David Hewlett had been in it though. But I loved Sanctuary it was brilliant and I miss it, I'm going to have a catch up session and have a marathon.

McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
    Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
    I love the fact that it's basically one big Stargate reunion lol. I don't think there are that many cast members that haven't been in Stargate, I didn't know David Hewlett had been in it though. But I loved Sanctuary it was brilliant and I miss it, I'm going to have a catch up session and have a marathon.
    David Hewlett was in the webisodes, before the series appeared on TV. He didn't appear in any of the TV episodes.

First Lieutenant Nikki Alexander's Avatar

^ Ah right, I have seen the webisodes, and I think I possibly remember him.

McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
    Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

i'm going to assume everyone has seen all of sanctuary now (b/c it's been off long enough), so i'm going to pose questions that'll give away season 4...

so let's say there was a season 5, what do you think would have happened?

if they'd gotten one more season, i would have liked to have seen them:

1- bring back ashley. her dying is something that never should have happened. the impact on helen seemed momentarily, and then things were back to normal, with occasional mentions of her daughter.

with helen being *so* smart as to find a way of creating her sanctuary all over underground, i find NO reason that she couldn't have found a way of saving ashley the second time around.

2- prove that john wasn't dead.

like with ashley, killing him off was pointless. and i found the lead-up to helen's bitterness with him to be very weak. i just felt the writers quickly came up with an excuse of why john wasn't going to be around, and, to me, it was a wtf b/c prior to that, helen seemed to really be loving on john. but isn't that the way it is? show the couple really into each other, then rip them apart. reminds me of sam/jack...

so if there'd been a season 5, i'd have liked ashley revealed to be alive (b/c helen made sure to save her the second time around), john be alive, and *really* showing what the new sanctuary was like.

(if i've said all this before, i'm sorry. i'm really bored )
    sally

while killing Ashley was a mistake, I'm not so sure I'd want them to bring her back. As for John, I was never convinced he was dead, especially since you never saw it and there was no body.

I would hope that it would have been:

A lot of stuff on the new sanctuary. Helen not telling anyone that shes alive except for Will, Kate, Henry, Erika, Nickola and Delcan (well and maybe John if he was still alive).

There will be the aftermath of the what happened in the finale. And everyone trying to live a double life without any government officials about the new sanctuary. which leads to the end of Will's relationship with Abby (thankfully).

Erika and Henry deal with their coming baby. There would be a much needed flashback of Henry's back story and how Magnas raised him (Ashley would make a guest appearance). Their baby would be born at the end of the season.

and there would be a good amount of Nickola.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
    I'm dealing with missing Sanctuary by doing my own rewatch. Just watched Nubbins and The Five the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    i'm going to assume everyone has seen all of sanctuary now (b/c it's been off long enough), so i'm going to pose questions that'll give away season 4...

so let's say there was a season 5, what do you think would have happened?

if they'd gotten one more season, i would have liked to have seen them:

1- bring back ashley. her dying is something that never should have happened. the impact on helen seemed momentarily, and then things were back to normal, with occasional mentions of her daughter.

with helen being *so* smart as to find a way of creating her sanctuary all over underground, i find NO reason that she couldn't have found a way of saving ashley the second time around.

2- prove that john wasn't dead.

like with ashley, killing him off was pointless. and i found the lead-up to helen's bitterness with him to be very weak. i just felt the writers quickly came up with an excuse of why john wasn't going to be around, and, to me, it was a wtf b/c prior to that, helen seemed to really be loving on john. but isn't that the way it is? show the couple really into each other, then rip them apart. reminds me of sam/jack...

so if there'd been a season 5, i'd have liked ashley revealed to be alive (b/c helen made sure to save her the second time around), john be alive, and *really* showing what the new sanctuary was like.

(if i've said all this before, i'm sorry. i'm really bored )
    Well I have no idea what would have happened but I can tell a couple things I'd like to have happened.

Yes, I'd like to find out that John was not dead. However, I don't want him and Helen to get back together. I think the emotional wounds he's given Helen are too deep and they'd never get past them. But I think Sanctuary is more interesting with John than without him, so I'd like him to come back.

Got to see the new Sanctuary, of course. Since all we got was a glimpse of the outside it's been up to our imaginations what the inside is like. I like the idea of somehow blending state of the art technology (both from Hollow Earth and above ground) with Helen's sense of style, though I'm not sure exactly what that would look like.

Nikola spending a good deal of time at the new Sanctuary. I like that he has become more a part the Sanctuary (and his relationship with Helen -- need some follow-up to that kiss in the last ep). But he shouldn't become TOO nice. He's more interesting if he's not totally trustworthy and keeps an element of bad boy to him.

Henry and Erika's baby -- yes, would love to see how Henry handles fatherhood.

No government meddling, but they do need an enemy of some type.

I agree they shouldn't have killed off Ashley, but not sure if they should bring her back at this point. I wouldn't really be against the idea, but if they bring John back it might be a bit much to bring Ashley back too. And Helen was very against the idea of changing the timeline.

Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Yes, I wish they hadn't killed off Ashley but I don't think they could bring her back now. I would have liked to see the Helen-Ashley story explored in flashbacks, though.

Default Re: Sanctuary - News, Twitter, Actor Appearances, etc. ANNOUNCEMENTS ONLY. SPOILERS S

Exciting news! Sanctuary is coming back! http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...ication-377267

Default Re: Sanctuary - News, Twitter, Actor Appearances, etc. ANNOUNCEMENTS ONLY. SPOILERS S

Quote Originally Posted by brendini View Post
    Exciting news! Sanctuary is coming back! http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...ication-377267
    doesn't this just mean that the 4 seasons already made are now going to be played on regular tv???
    sally

It will be played on whatever stations buy the rights to rerun them. So no new shows, but it will be seen more often in re-run land.

First Lieutenant Feast of the Muse's Avatar

Hi there folks. Now that we have hindsight on the whole series, what did Ashley know about her mother before John showed up? Did she even know her true age?

Quote Originally Posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    Hi there folks. Now that we have hindsight on the whole series, what did Ashley know about her mother before John showed up? Did she even know her true age?
    That's a good question. I keep getting details from the webisodes and the series mixed up so I'll pay particular attention on my next rewatch (which should be fairly soon )
    -

Here's a bit of news from the Shore Leave Convention - Amanda & Co are talking to their financiers currently about doing something more with Sanctuary.

Now, they are only talks so I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I really was not ready to see Sanctuary end. I'd love to see a movie or two to wrap things up / open new horizons. I think movies would be a great vehicle to tell more Sanctuary stories. *fingers crossed*

Here's the snippet from the Q&A at Amanda's panel :
    Amanda : ... But, having said that, I think that we are trying to get something with the intellectual property happening. So ...

Fan : So are you going to try and get a fourth season or whatever season eventually together again?

Amanda : I don't know that we'd get another season but we might try to do some movies

Crowd : woooooo!

Amanda : Nothing guaranteed again it's really down to our financiers but we're working with them now to try and figure something out. So ...

Fan : OK and if that happens would it be direct to video or a theatrical release?

Amanda : I don't know. What seems to be happening now which I think is really cool is direct to market which is putting it up on iTunes and what we're trying to do with Space Milkshake is make it immediately accessible to everyone but again I don't know.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Here's a bit of news from the Shore Leave Convention - Amanda & Co are talking to their financiers currently about doing something more with Sanctuary.

Now, they are only talks so I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I really was not ready to see Sanctuary end. I'd love to see a movie or two to wrap things up / open new horizons. I think movies would be a great vehicle to tell more Sanctuary stories. *fingers crossed*

Here's the snippet from the Q&A at Amanda's panel :
    She said the same thing back in April at the Vancouver Fan Expo - not sure if this is just he standard answer she is giving or if something is really happening

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Sanctuary - News, Twitter, Actor Appearances, etc. ANNOUNCEMENTS ONLY

Well guess what is showing on my local tv station at 10 PM Anchorage time? SANCTUARY!!!!
    This is the first syndicated show that I am viewing. Fantastic. The episode title, didn't catch it but it is with the Channel 13 newsperson female at the warehouse and wants to cover the story. Who swore to Magnus that she wasn't going show the tape but she did anyway even though Magnus switched the video.

Default Re: Sanctuary - News, Twitter, Actor Appearances, etc. ANNOUNCEMENTS ONLY

Wheee! Go sanctuary! :-)

What are Tammansails exactly?

Probie

Hi everyone,
    My girlfriend loves Stargate and Sanctuary, especially Tapping's characters in both. So this year for Christmas I found her this cool prop from the Sanctuary set. It's distinctive enough that I would love to be able to find an image from the show with the prop in sight. I can't find one and I'm wondering if you can help me out, ie: if you know in what season it was used or if you've seen a set shot. It's a large horse-like sculpture in dark brown metal. It has a short head and an almost reptilian mane. I'd be thrilled (and so would she!) if you could help me out! The curator from the props sight said it was used in Magnus's desk or library.

i wish ryan robbins had been will zimmerman instead.
    sally