Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look about 8 posts down that says about Sanctuary is back and it has baout 6 cooments

Comment

Originally posted by ashleyb58 View Post
      Look about 8 posts down that says about Sanctuary is back and it has baout 6 cooments
      i rarely go to facebook (they literally force you to sign in, and i don't want to). i'll just take you word for it.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I will copy and paste the comments now then:

-Is it true its just gonna be four season and no more ????

-No it's not true sanctuary has been picked up but not by syfy and will be back on next year!!

-ohh thank you for the info

-What network picked it up?

-Skeptical til I hear from them officially. I heard their financer owned the intellectual property and thus we were stuck.
        (though I hope to hear officially soon! )

Those are the coments from the post I mentioned

Comment

I think people are getting confused by the syndication deal thing. I had to explain that to a few people on twitter.

Comment

sadly "syndication" doesn't mean that there will be new episodes. but that being said its possible that another channel will start airing episodes and get enough views to renew it (but highly unlikely).
            sigpic

Comment

I love the fact that it's basically one big Stargate reunion lol. I don't think there are that many cast members that haven't been in Stargate, I didn't know David Hewlett had been in it though. But I loved Sanctuary it was brilliant and I miss it, I'm going to have a catch up session and have a marathon.
              sigpic
              McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
              Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                I love the fact that it's basically one big Stargate reunion lol. I don't think there are that many cast members that haven't been in Stargate, I didn't know David Hewlett had been in it though. But I loved Sanctuary it was brilliant and I miss it, I'm going to have a catch up session and have a marathon.
                David Hewlett was in the webisodes, before the series appeared on TV. He didn't appear in any of the TV episodes.

Comment

^ Ah right, I have seen the webisodes, and I think I possibly remember him.
                  sigpic
                  McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                  Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                  ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

i'm going to assume everyone has seen all of sanctuary now (b/c it's been off long enough), so i'm going to pose questions that'll give away season 4...

so let's say there was a season 5, what do you think would have happened?

if they'd gotten one more season, i would have liked to have seen them:

1- bring back ashley. her dying is something that never should have happened. the impact on helen seemed momentarily, and then things were back to normal, with occasional mentions of her daughter.

with helen being *so* smart as to find a way of creating her sanctuary all over underground, i find NO reason that she couldn't have found a way of saving ashley the second time around.

2- prove that john wasn't dead.

like with ashley, killing him off was pointless. and i found the lead-up to helen's bitterness with him to be very weak. i just felt the writers quickly came up with an excuse of why john wasn't going to be around, and, to me, it was a wtf b/c prior to that, helen seemed to really be loving on john. but isn't that the way it is? show the couple really into each other, then rip them apart. reminds me of sam/jack...

so if there'd been a season 5, i'd have liked ashley revealed to be alive (b/c helen made sure to save her the second time around), john be alive, and *really* showing what the new sanctuary was like.

(if i've said all this before, i'm sorry. i'm really bored )
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

while killing Ashley was a mistake, I'm not so sure I'd want them to bring her back. As for John, I was never convinced he was dead, especially since you never saw it and there was no body.

I would hope that it would have been:

A lot of stuff on the new sanctuary. Helen not telling anyone that shes alive except for Will, Kate, Henry, Erika, Nickola and Delcan (well and maybe John if he was still alive).

There will be the aftermath of the what happened in the finale. And everyone trying to live a double life without any government officials about the new sanctuary. which leads to the end of Will's relationship with Abby (thankfully).

Erika and Henry deal with their coming baby. There would be a much needed flashback of Henry's back story and how Magnas raised him (Ashley would make a guest appearance). Their baby would be born at the end of the season.

and there would be a good amount of Nickola.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                        I'm dealing with missing Sanctuary by doing my own rewatch. Just watched Nubbins and The Five the other day.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i'm going to assume everyone has seen all of sanctuary now (b/c it's been off long enough), so i'm going to pose questions that'll give away season 4...

so let's say there was a season 5, what do you think would have happened?

if they'd gotten one more season, i would have liked to have seen them:

1- bring back ashley. her dying is something that never should have happened. the impact on helen seemed momentarily, and then things were back to normal, with occasional mentions of her daughter.

with helen being *so* smart as to find a way of creating her sanctuary all over underground, i find NO reason that she couldn't have found a way of saving ashley the second time around.

2- prove that john wasn't dead.

like with ashley, killing him off was pointless. and i found the lead-up to helen's bitterness with him to be very weak. i just felt the writers quickly came up with an excuse of why john wasn't going to be around, and, to me, it was a wtf b/c prior to that, helen seemed to really be loving on john. but isn't that the way it is? show the couple really into each other, then rip them apart. reminds me of sam/jack...

so if there'd been a season 5, i'd have liked ashley revealed to be alive (b/c helen made sure to save her the second time around), john be alive, and *really* showing what the new sanctuary was like.

(if i've said all this before, i'm sorry. i'm really bored )
                        Well I have no idea what would have happened but I can tell a couple things I'd like to have happened.

Yes, I'd like to find out that John was not dead. However, I don't want him and Helen to get back together. I think the emotional wounds he's given Helen are too deep and they'd never get past them. But I think Sanctuary is more interesting with John than without him, so I'd like him to come back.

Got to see the new Sanctuary, of course. Since all we got was a glimpse of the outside it's been up to our imaginations what the inside is like. I like the idea of somehow blending state of the art technology (both from Hollow Earth and above ground) with Helen's sense of style, though I'm not sure exactly what that would look like.

Nikola spending a good deal of time at the new Sanctuary. I like that he has become more a part the Sanctuary (and his relationship with Helen -- need some follow-up to that kiss in the last ep). But he shouldn't become TOO nice. He's more interesting if he's not totally trustworthy and keeps an element of bad boy to him.

Henry and Erika's baby -- yes, would love to see how Henry handles fatherhood.

No government meddling, but they do need an enemy of some type.

I agree they shouldn't have killed off Ashley, but not sure if they should bring her back at this point. I wouldn't really be against the idea, but if they bring John back it might be a bit much to bring Ashley back too. And Helen was very against the idea of changing the timeline.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Yes, I wish they hadn't killed off Ashley but I don't think they could bring her back now. I would have liked to see the Helen-Ashley story explored in flashbacks, though.

Comment

Exciting news! Sanctuary is coming back! http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...ication-377267

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                              Exciting news! Sanctuary is coming back! http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/...ication-377267
                              doesn't this just mean that the 4 seasons already made are now going to be played on regular tv???
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

It will be played on whatever stations buy the rights to rerun them. So no new shows, but it will be seen more often in re-run land.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X