Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm incredibly excited about this show as well. I posted in the AT forum, but I've got spoiler tags around all the Sanctuary stuff. Keep forgetting this thread is here!

I was jumping for joy just to see Amanda's cool new look for the show. Now to find out she'll be playing a 157 year old doctor, who has a daughter, (by Jack the Ripper, no less). And - as I mentioned in the other thread - her character is most likely British, right? All this and a British accent to boot? How am I gonna *not* love this show?!?! There's just no way.

Looking forward to lots of Amanda interviews to promote the show. (And hey - while she's there, she is also plugging her appearances on SGA. Everyone wins, right?)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I'm thrilled we've been given more info And entirely greenscreen! Wow! The actors literally had to create their own world, I think that's amazing. And Jack The Ripper - Imagine that conversation. Well hun... the truth is...

Looks fantastically dark and daring. And we get to interact?! I'm sorry, could we ask for more? LoL.

Wendy it's not Spring yet LoL... but it's not far off either

Bring it!
      sigpic

Comment

All greenscreen? Hmm, interesting. Shades of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Yep. I just think you have to have such skill as an actor to be able to react to everything that's going on around you and yet essentially you've had to create everything in your mind because it doesn't exist yet.

EDIT: Yeah okay I just went back and read what I wrote and I didn't even understand it. Kudos to those who see a method to my madness .
          sigpic

Comment

Makes perfect sense to me.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Was involved with Jack the Ripper.....this just sounds too weirdly cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Was involved with Jack the Ripper.....this just sounds too weirdly cool.
                I totally agree. After watching that youtube video, I'm looking forward to this show even more. It's nice to have a few more details.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, but this does sound cute and with all the stargate people involved, I'll definitely give it a try
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Wonder which "version" of Jack the Ripper they're going with?
                    sigpic

Comment

This is an incredibly innovative idea! Although something similar has been done with people like the Lonely Island, I don't think I've ever seen a straight up dramatic, let alone scifi series online before. I for one will be tuning in regularly. It looks like it won't be starting until March, as the banner says Spring 2007. I also like that every episode will be a director's cut.
                      Spoiler:
                      Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Wonder which "version" of Jack the Ripper they're going with?
                        Personally, I'm hoping Jack the Ripper will be played by David Hewlett or Paul McGillon. It would be cool to see either of them in that type of role. Very different!

I can't wait to see this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                          Personally, I'm hoping Jack the Ripper will be played by David Hewlett or Paul McGillon. It would be cool to see either of them in that type of role. Very different!

I can't wait to see this one!
                          Paul McGillion as Jack the Ripper? Yeah, that'd work. He's got exactly the kind of face you wouldn't associate with a homicidal mass murderer - perfect camoflage.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                            The major things I picked up about it from P2 was that Ryan and Paul McGillion will also be in it.
                            From typing up some of my notes from P2 etc, I can confirm that Ryan Robbins, Amanda Tapping, Dan Payne and Chuck Campbell are in the show and, according to Ryan, "you might even see a little Paul McGillion in the show...."
                            sigpic

Comment

The Sanctuary opens its doors...

Check it out.

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com

(Thus far, the interface appears to be coded in a fairly pedestrian way. I'm unsure if they have the more experienced development team working on other aspects and have assigned the front end teaser material to student/interns or ... what. It does make me wonder.)

Last edited by minigeek; 12 February 2007, 08:20 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

From stage3media.com

Stem cells, gene therapy, transplants, cloning… The very meaning of the word “humanity” changes daily in the modern world. But there is a darker side to the evolution of mankind, a truth only a few brave souls are willing to face:

There are monsters loose in the world. And they are the key to the future of our race.

Each webisode of Sanctuary follows the exploits of Dr. Helen Magnus (AMANDA TAPPING, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis) as she seeks out all manner of terrifying and monstrous creatures. She is aided in her quest by her reluctant protégé Will Zimmerman (ROBIN DUNNE, Dawson’s Creek, The Big Hit, Species 3) and her intrepid, if somewhat reckless, daughter Ashley (EMILIE ULLERUP, Battlestar Galactica). Together they will be drawn into a frightening and mysterious world populated by beings that defy explanation.

Fusing stunning visual effects, video game technology and cutting edge web design, Sanctuary takes the viewer into a thrilling world where science meets the supernatural. This fictional online universe fills the void left by traditional network television by providing multiple High Definition resolutions, immersive interaction, and direct communication between the viewer and the Sanctuary creative team.

We feature world class talent, including creature effects by Emmy Award winner Todd Masters (Six Feet Under, Star Trek - First Contact), executive producers Martin Wood, John Smith, and Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis), game executive Marc Aubanel (FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed, Marvel Nemesis), online designer John Kalangis, and computer graphics designer Ron Martin. Add to this an internationally recognizable cast, these web broadcasts will be the highest quality and most technically advanced filmed content ever developed for the Internet.

Sanctuary will premiere worldwide in early 2007.

www.sanctuaryforall.com

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X