Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    That kitchen looks awfully industrial. It makes me wonder how many people live in the sanctuary.
    Hmm. They probably cook for quite the crew. Reminds me of dorm food...
    Sanctuary Denizen to newbie: Don't complain about the "mystery meat" or Dr. Magnus will kick your butt.

Comment

New GateWorld interview with Paul McGillion where he talks a little about his Sanctuary character:
      GW: Sanctuary. You have appeared in, I believe, the pilot of Sanctuary?

PM: Yes.

GW: As a character named Wexford?

PM: Wexford, yes.

GW: Tell us about this guy.

PM: Wexford -- it's really great. Damian Kindler and Martin Wood asked me if I'd come in and do this part. I was in Toronto over the holidays. I said "Absolutely. Anything for you guys." So I read it. And he's a quirky, fish-like character. I don't want to give too much away, but he's a confidant of Amanda's character. I had one scene in the pilot with Amanda. It's a great scene. And the character -- again, we didn't really know the voice for the character. They just said "Come up with something."

GW: You didn't go with Scottish, did you?

PM: It's not Scottish. It's very different than Scottish but it's a lot of fun. What an interesting concept. I saw the rough cut of a couple scenes recently, and it looks amazing. I have a really good feeling about it for those guys. I think it's going to be very innovative, very interesting and I don't think it's anything that we've seen before. And I've got a really good feeling for it. I had to wear prosthetics, and I hadn't done a lot of that before. So that was really something different. I'm kind of a crazy, eccentric character. He is. He really is. I think he's going to re-occur.

GW: Yes, Damian said he wants you back.

PM: Yeah? Really? Oh that's cool.

GW: Yes!

PM: [Laughter] Really? He said that?

GW: Yes, he did. He absolutely did.

PM: That's great. I think it's going to be something the fans should really look out for. I think they're really going to love it. Certainly sci fi fans are just going to jump on this thing. From what I saw it looks really, really exciting. I'm very excited for those guys. It's a really cool project. And I'm really happy I was part of it.

Comment

Damian has updated his blog with a note about the London Expo. Go & read for a nice surprise (for those lucky enough to attend).
        -

Comment

London? Again?

Blessed screaming Artemis on a Godsdamn wholewheat cracker! There's more to the UK than London y'know...

Why in the name of all that's holy can't we have an Expo type event in Scotland for a change?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            London? Again?

Blessed screaming Artemis on a Godsdamn wholewheat cracker! There's more to the UK than London y'know...

Why in the name of all that's holy can't we have an Expo type event in Scotland for a change?
            I think it's more a matter of the event's attendance size rather than location. They probably only have time to do so many conventions and they want to be seen by as many people as possible. I'm not sure how big the expo conventions are in Scotland, but I know here in the states, the Comic-Con convention in San Diego is much large than any I have seen here in Texas; and while I would love for them to come to Dallas, I understand why they don't.

Hopefully, they will make it to your neck of the woods one day soon so you can attend as well.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 April 2007, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Here's a tip you may find handy - Never insult a cook in their own kitchen, they know where all the sharp objects are.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Hey gang, check out www.sanctuaryfans.com for info on the next trailer (oooh ahh another one) and also the launch date for the online webisodes.

sigpic

Comment

YAY!!! WOOHOO!!!

I think the sanctuary fans site also mentioned a new interview with Martin Wood coming up as well?

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                    YAY!!! WOOHOO!!!

I think the sanctuary fans site also mentioned a new interview with Martin Wood coming up as well?

Yep, Martin is on this Wednesday on the Slice of SciFi podcast
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      I think it's more a matter of the event's attendance size rather than location. They probably only have time to do so many conventions and they want to be seen by as many people as possible. I'm not sure how big the expo conventions are in Scotland, but I know here in the states, the Comic-Con convention in San Diego is much large than any I have seen here in Texas; and while I would love for them to come to Dallas, I understand why they don't.

Hopefully, they will make it to your neck of the woods one day soon so you can attend as well.
                      AT may be glad to attend in London since I think she has family back in England. Maybe she can combine a family visit with the convention.
                      How cool is it to see AT listed as (Magnus) instead of just Carter?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Yep, Martin is on this Wednesday on the Slice of SciFi podcast
                        Did anyone download the podcast? If so, did MW offer any new or interesting info about the show?

I'm on dial-up and can't download it, so any tidbits would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                          Did anyone download the podcast? If so, did MW offer any new or interesting info about the show?

I'm on dial-up and can't download it, so any tidbits would be appreciated.
                          Hey, Melora! I'm listening to it as I type, and if no one's transcribed it by tomorrow afternoon, I'll work on posting the interview, k?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Hey, Melora! I'm listening to it as I type, and if no one's transcribed it by tomorrow afternoon, I'll work on posting the interview, k?
                            Thanks, spaz.

I always enjoy MW interviews so I will be looking forward to reading what he has to say about Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                              Thanks, spaz.

I always enjoy MW interviews so I will be looking forward to reading what he has to say about Sanctuary.
                              No problem. I don't want RoX or anyone else to feel obligated to do all the work here, so I'd be happy to take on the job. And if anyone has started already, and wants to split it with me, let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                No problem. I don't want RoX or anyone else to feel obligated to do all the work here, so I'd be happy to take on the job. And if anyone has started already, and wants to split it with me, let me know!
                                Actually, I've already done it. I'm getting a lot faster at transcribing these days

<ETA>
                                Next time we can organise to split the job because I'm sure there will be more. These guys are really enthusiastic about Sanctuary
                                Last edited by RealmOfX; 18 April 2007, 07:54 PM.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X