Page 62 of 725 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 14499
  1. #1221
    Lieutenant Colonel antoa's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ancient Egypt
    Posts
    3,321

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by scarimor View Post
    lol! She funny

    (she wearing t-shirt! and gangsta-style )
    Since when is a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt 'gangsta-style'?

    I wear them like that occasionally. I always thought of it more as a 'sk8r boi' style.

    Though it is becoming much more mainstream. Layering is in! Probably because the t-shirts they sell are so damn thin you have to layer them!
    Last edited by antoa; May 8th, 2007 at 12:30 PM.

  2. #1222
    Colonel the dancer of spaz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Youtube Vortex
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by antoa315 View Post
    Since when is a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt 'gangsta-style'?
    Heh heh, it's OK to admit that you're a closet gangsta, antoa.

  3. #1223
    Lieutenant Colonel antoa's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ancient Egypt
    Posts
    3,321

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    Heh heh, it's OK to admit that you're a closet gangsta, antoa.
    Hehe. I am actually a closet sk8r, though I can't skateboard to save my life!

    I guess it's all in how to accesorize. If you wear the layer t's with cargo pants and vans (like me) then you're a sk8r. If you wear them with droppy pants and pumbas, you're a gangsta.

  4. #1224
    Colonel Agent_Dark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LOL
    Posts
    6,096

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by antoa315 View Post
    Since when is a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt 'gangsta-style'?!
    Cos she was obviously gonna bust a cap on that fo' behind the camera

  5. #1225
    Lieutenant Colonel scarimor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    With the grown-ups (most of the time)
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by minigeek View Post
    Awwww!!!!
    Pictures please!!
    Ok...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Scari... your little one has been raised on too much Teletubbies!
    Haven't we all... *sings* Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Lala, Po...

    But very, very cool. As for "gangsta style", what do you mean? Over a top underneath?
    Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    LOL! It is gangsta-style!

    Now how do I get scari to record herself saying 'gangsta-style', and put it on youtube???
    Pay me. Lots

    Awww, I love it when I see the young ones who are into it! I'm with mini - pics please!
    Ok ok!

    Quote Originally Posted by antoa315 View Post
    Since when is a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt 'gangsta-style'?
    Since every casual item of boys' clothing for the upper body you can buy is tailored to resemble a T-shirt over a long-sleeved shirt (even though its only one shirt) and you can't get anything other than this "gangsta-style" (and they're buggers to iron)

    Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    Heh heh, it's OK to admit that you're a closet gangsta, antoa.
    Gangsta out and proud!

    Pic: (not!gangsta-style)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #1226
    First Lieutenant tagger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    919

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by scarimor View Post
    Since every casual item of boys' clothing for the upper body you can buy is tailored to resemble a T-shirt over a long-sleeved shirt (even though its only one shirt) and you can't get anything other than this "gangsta-style" (and they're buggers to iron)


    Pic: (not!gangsta-style)
    Awwww - cuties!!

    On Sanctuary, my daughter likes the mermaid, of course.

    Ok, I'm feeling more than a little inadequate as a parent *cough*, ironing T-shirts?!!

    I must increase my domestic abilities....

    *runs off to do three more loads of laundry sans ironing*



    I AM about to EXPLODE with anticipation for MAY 14th.

    Going supernova/ birth of a star/fusion reaction level of ANTICIPATORY EXCITEMENT!!

    !!!!!

    Last edited by tagger; May 8th, 2007 at 11:22 PM.

  7. #1227
    Lieutenant Colonel minigeek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,601

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Ohhhh!!! Look at the little poppins'-es!!!!! They're SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
    http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8600/mslgwhh7.jpg
    Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

  8. #1228
    Lieutenant Colonel ForeverSg1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,871

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by antoa315 View Post
    Hehe. I am actually a closet sk8r, though I can't skateboard to save my life!

    I guess it's all in how to accesorize. If you wear the layer t's with cargo pants and vans (like me) then you're a sk8r. If you wear them with droppy pants and pumbas, you're a gangsta.
    Oh it was definitely gangsta-style. You just didn't see her before she took her hat off.

    Gangsta!Amanda
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; May 8th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

  9. #1229
    Major
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Night
    Posts
    2,844

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    scarimor, the little ones are so cute. I have to remind myself one is/was enough for me.


    My son was very fond of Land Before Time and dragged around his stuffed Littlefoot all over the house. Wouldn't go to sleep without it. Then changed his mind at about 4.

  10. #1230
    First Lieutenant tagger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    919

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    The new DK interview with scifitalk.com posted on the sanctuary fans online site is really "juicy"!

    Thanks!

  11. #1231
    Colonel RealmOfX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seeking a new reality!
    Posts
    7,640

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tagger View Post
    The new DK interview with scifitalk.com posted on the sanctuary fans online site is really "juicy"!

    Thanks!
    I just listened to it and it was great. I love hearing Damian talk about the show and we got to hear a few more new things about the show. The interviewer, Tony Tellado, was good too.
    -

  12. #1232
    Colonel the dancer of spaz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Youtube Vortex
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RealmOfX View Post
    I just listened to it and it was great. I love hearing Damian talk about the show and we got to hear a few more new things about the show. The interviewer, Tony Tellado, was good too.
    I really like the interviewers who've featured DK, AT and Co. In this case, just as with the SoSF folks, the interviewer just seemed so genuinely jazzed about the whole thing. It wasn't just an opportunity to talk about something - anything - scifi-related; they all seem really excited about the series.

    Who's gonna start the countdown tomorrow?

  13. #1233
    First Lieutenant tagger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    919

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    Who's gonna start the countdown tomorrow?
    Countdown for what??

    Did I miss something?

    Spoiler:
    Heehee - KIDDING, just kidding!!

  14. #1234
    Lieutenant Colonel scarimor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    With the grown-ups (most of the time)
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tagger View Post
    Spoiler:
    Heehee - KIDDING, just kidding!!
    Whoever is nearest, smack tagger

  15. #1235
    Colonel RealmOfX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seeking a new reality!
    Posts
    7,640

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Poor tagger!!

    I'm going to start transcribing the interview after dinner, but it is 30 minutes so I'll probably split it into 3 parts and post part 1 later tonight and the rest as soon as I can.
    -

  16. #1236
    Colonel Agent_Dark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LOL
    Posts
    6,096

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Poor tagger!!

    I'm going to start transcribing the interview after dinner, but it is 30 minutes so I'll probably split it into 3 parts and post part 1 later tonight and the rest as soon as I can.
    Ah excellent. I can never be bothered to listen to voice interviews, since I always get distracted by something else on the screen and tune out the sound

  17. #1237
    Lieutenant Colonel scarimor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    With the grown-ups (most of the time)
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion


  18. #1238
    Colonel RealmOfX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seeking a new reality!
    Posts
    7,640

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    OK here's part 1 of Damian Kindler's interview with Tony Tellado from Sci-Fi Talk. The other 2 parts will get done tomorrow.

    spoilered for space
    Spoiler:
    TT - Tony Tellado
    DK - Damian Kindler

    Introduction

    Welcome once again to SciFi Talk this is Tony Tellano. It's great to be there at the beginning and for myself and other SF podcasts like Slice of SciFi and many more, we cannot contain our enthusiasm for a new webisode project called Sanctuary which is being produced by some familiar faces that are in front and behind the scenes. One of the driving forces is Damian Kindler who is the executive producer, coming from a rich background working on shows like Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, SciFactor among others. We spoke a week before the premiere of the first webisode of this fascinating new series called Sanctuary.

    Interview

    TT: Well I think is, what is really cool about what you are doing is you’re really being one of the pioneers of downloadable, episodic television on the internet because that’s becoming something popular and certainly has helped shows like Heroes by having people watching episodes online as well.

    DK: It's funny that its become such a revolution of what is going online because when we started this back just before Google bought YouTube, and everybody was like saying, “You’re crazy there's nothing out there. It's Mentos and Diet Coke bottles, and who cares, you'll lose your shirts." And suddenly Google bought YouTube suddenly episodes of network shows are being thrown up there. Suddenly Battlestar Galactica is gonna get a move on . Wow we really caught the wave as it was hitting the beach. The Good thing is that we didn't just say, "Let's just make a show, do the best we can and throw it up there. We kind of took the same innovative philosophy to the actual approach of making the show. The initial inspiration was "Look, if you are trying to compete with television, there's no way you can just make television. You have to make something that people don't get to see on television and entertainment ways that television doesn't entertain. And so that was when we really began to discuss making a sci-fi show that is extensively green screen shot. To my knowledge there isn't a green screen heavy or completely green screen shot television series being produced. And we started doing very innovative like not just creating 3D virtual sets to film against but also shooting directly to a digital hard drive and not using HDH for anything but a back up. And using real time 3D computer modelling on set so actors standing on the green screen can follow what the 3D computer set looks like on a monitor while they're acting. So there's a lot of innovation that went into this not just going on the net. Everything’s going on the net. It's how it goes on the net and what is it? There was a lot of innovation and that continues to be our watch word as we build on what we're doing.

    TT: And for example with the sanctuary itself it's impossible to create something like that on a real set it would be just huge!

    DK: It would be huge or it would look crappy and you would only be able to shoot pieces of it and you'd get sick of it. You couldn't shoot actors up, you know in low angle shot because that’s where the lights usually go and you know the combination of real with pieces of matte extensions and a kind of hodge podge and you'd go "Well, nice try but meh, mediocre batcave", you know? And we decided, and that's just one of the really fabulous sets that we built that we can revisit. We have a choice now. People don't realize this. That instead of spending you know hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars on building a real village or a real castle, a real batcave or Wayne Manor set, having to justify the expense by constantly shooting there, you can use that money on visual effects. And instead of having to go on location and have every planet you visit look like British Columbia, you can build anything and don't go anywhere except on our set. We can create anything we want.. There is more than one way to create a virtual background. You can spend money on things like the Sanctuary and Magnus' elements in the Sanctuary in real, very, very visceral interesting 3D computer design, But you can also take two dimensional design and enhance it and give your self looks that are very amazing because the technology now allows for photoreal interactive backgrounds that don't necessarily break the budget.

    TT: Yeah, that's great, I mean would you say that I mean certainly coming from the world of Stargate they certainly built a universe and really expanded upon it because there really wasn't much in the original film. Is that something that helped you to see Sanctuary as a kind of build it's own world as well?

    DK: Absolutely, I mean when you've sat in a room for five years on and off with people like Brad Wright and Rob Cooper, I mean, these guys are amazing at constantly breaking down the barriers of what mythology means. And well why not and why can't this guy come to earth and why can't this happen. There was always lines that you couldn't cross because it was ridiculous but you know then they did "200" so... They did every taboo that we'd never break and we're gonna put it in one episode and I thought that was brilliant. So no absolutely when I think of Sanctuary I think of a place that has limitless possibilities and I'm even more of a cowboy when it comes to logic rules and regulations than maybe those guys. So to the point where I'd even, one of the things I'm conceding is once ... there's a second sci-fi concept that our company wants to launch in 2008 or 2009 and I would even though it is very different conceptually, I wouldn't even call it even remotely a spin off of Sanctuary, I would use one to launch the other and there would be literally a conceptual porthole, if you will, from one reality, one world to the other and I think viewers don’t mind that. Don't mind the little connective tissue because they appreciate the imagination that goes into making these worlds and their feedback is huge, it's wonderful.

    TT: That's actually one thing that is cool is that you will encourage feedback from the viewers and actually take some of that to heart too.

    DK: Well we have a very, very deep and growing connection with our fans you know. The people that run our official fan site work very, very closely on a daily basis with us and we deal with fan issues both good and bad on almost a real time basis. You know I get instant messages saying this is happening in the forums, this is what people are saying, this is what I think you need to understand and this is how I can respond as a person creating this show to the people who are my core audience. There are very, very back and forth strong lines of communication and they're not ignored and their needs and their issues and their gratitude or their criticisms are not left ignored like some sort of bothersome thing you're feeded it's a very flat model as far as the flat earth and we look at them as partners in this venture because lets face it this is not gonna work if we do not have fan support.

    TT: That's what I think is incredible and God knows I've been waiting a long time to see something like this come about where fans aren't ignored as a matter of fact their involvement is encouraged and I think that's very, very powerful and I think that'll hook a lot of people into it too.

    DK: Well, it's what inspired it, because we wanted to do something different. It was myself and Martin Wood and John Smith and Amanda Tapping and we all realised the absolute megawatt power that fandom has. We said "listen, the internet, sci-fi, this is out there the tip of the spear on this" you know it ain't gonna work if we say look lets just put it up there and hope they like it . It has to be tell us what you think, become part of the community, tell us what’s working, what you want, what doesn't work. I'll be honest when we first started I thought it’ll be neat, we're giving something to people who'll like it but since we've gotten out so far up the river as we might, we'd be lost without them. Without the fanbase in the forums that are setup with the people responding, with the people posting on my blog where I don't think I'd know the correct direction to go and would know what it would bear conceptually to work because I'm hearing feedback about the characters. So I can't wait till we actually have feedback on the webisodes and I'm gonna go wow they love this, this message did not come through and I can really begin to… that goes into the editing room I'm gonna go look last time we edited they didn't get that so I think we'll have to make sure we show a shot of X because I'm hearing this from the fans right now. And that's a very, very amazing dynamic right there and I think that's important as a creator of something because I feel it's something important to acknowledge, without ego, that things done well are done collaboratively.

    TT: Absolutely, absolutely that's great that fandom is going to be so involved and as far as the cast go Amanda Tapping obviously a great background from Stargate of course and the thing I like about her character Helen Magnus I think you said it in a previous interview like Carter is what you see is what you get she's pretty open but Helen Magnus she’s mysterious, closed, we don't know everything quite about her

    DK: And there's so much history to her, she's nearly 160!

    TT: Yeah, yeah

    DK: She's, not you know you don't have enough time in your life to hear about all the stuff she's done and that's wonderful because people will come back I'll keep writing it because I wanted to know what the heck we're doing this week to reveal because that's great the fact is that I'm as passionate about this character as you are because I don't know yet, I have some very strong ideas but there's a huge validation from talking to people whose opinions I respect because sci-fi press, fanboy press, this is the real stuff, this is like boots on the ground. It's hard to talk to someone when it's a perfunctory "yeah, it's OK so what is your project, ..........." but when it's not that, it's an actual human spark of appreciation, I get very excited about that.

    TT: Oh that's great

    DK: You know you could create a Joe Blow character and everyone is yeah that's just like the guy on whatever but if you create a character that you respond to as a person I get very, very thrilled by that.





    To be continued in Part 2
    -

  19. #1239
    Colonel the dancer of spaz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Youtube Vortex
    Posts
    6,420

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tagger View Post
    Countdown for what??

    Did I miss something?

    Spoiler:
    Heehee - KIDDING, just kidding!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scarimor View Post
    Whoever is nearest, smack tagger
    *winds up*

  20. #1240
    First Lieutenant tagger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    919

    Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by scarimor View Post
    Whoever is nearest, smack tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Poor tagger!!
    Quote Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    *winds up*
    *pounds frantically on the Sanctuary gates*

    HELP!! I NEED SANCTUARY!!!





    Quote Originally Posted by RealmOfX View Post
    OK here's part 1 of Damian Kindler's interview with Tony Tellado from Sci-Fi Talk. The other 2 parts will get done tomorrow.

    spoilered for space

    To be continued in Part 2
    I have to say it again - RoX ROCKS!!

    Thanks, that is a lot of work. Great interview, though!

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
  2. Crew and ammo tally - Spoilers for the most recent episode
    By Lantien in forum SGU General Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: January 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM
  3. Favourite Keller Moment Spoilers through most recent episode
    By DrJenniferDex in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 2835
    Last Post: December 31st, 2009, 01:57 AM
  4. Sanctuary Episode 1 'live' discussion/spoilers thread
    By DaxFlowLyfe in forum Sanctuary
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: October 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 5th, 2005, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •