Page 3 of 725 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sanctuary Discussion

this sounds really interesting, and I'll watch it when it starts

Default Re: Sanctuary??

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman View Post
    As nifty as the images on the website look and how much I love the concept of using the net and interactivity and all that my first thought was (and remains) "Ugh... not another paranormal fantasy series centered on Christian mythology". I've had enough of demons and angles and the battle of good (God) versus evil (Satan) and I hate to say that that's what the images (and the font of the title) seem to suggest. I hope there is more to it than that or you can be sure I won't be watching for long. I'll give it a try at first because of who's involved but I won't stick around if the story is not new.
    Unfortunatley I agree. Though the "Batman Begins feel" that Martim Wood talked about gives me a bit of hope. And really, without details the most I vcan do is wait and hope for the best.

At the Shore Leave con in JUly 2006 AT hinted at the project saying sci fi has been very good to her. And some odd comment about "digging it" It wasn't a phrase. By her emphasis is was definitrly a hint. Here's hoping she doesn't consider Buffy sci fi.

My best gues is a post-apolocalypyic world, whether it be by our own hands unlikely or an alien invasion more likely if that one on the far left is an alien and not some supernatural creature. Perhaps (some) humans have to hide/live in underground in hiding and only come out to strike back?

suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Looks intresting, Most of all I'm glad Martin and the gang are giving the old Actors and new some work.

Can't wait to see the first episode. I hope we won't have to purchase them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    There's nothing quite like premature fan panic.
    You'd think we were lemmings.
    ^
    l
    l
    a joke

suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlin2000 View Post
    dosnt AT look freeekin hot with dark hair wow ive got a question,what does it mean by internet series, an actual show that is viewed on the net or something like horizon but with pictures. Also i dont think that it will be stargate related, just done by some of the same pple. I gotta say im seriously excited about this, it really looks good, so i hope it all works out.
    It looks like it will be an actual show aired on the net, but there will also be interactive features to the episodes. It sounds like an incredibly cool new entertainment medium to me. I love the special interactive features on DVDs. I wonder if the extras will be similar. I really can't wait to find out.

I'm looking forward to this new science fiction series! I really enjoyed the concept behind "Batman Returns", so Martin Wood's suggestion that it is kinda like that... has me very excited! Also the fact that the show will not be edited for time is also a big plus in my opinion, no more shows ending too soon. I'm really looking forward to more information! Martin Wood is one of my favorite directors, so I’m excited about his involvement. Also really excited that Amanda Tapping is starring and working behind the scenes in this series too!!

I know I'll be looking forward to this show. I can't wait to learn more about it.

Teal'c Re: Sanctuary Discussion

Hmmm... Colour me interested...

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This definitely has my attention. I'll certainly give it a try. Afterall, what can it hurt? I just can't wait to find out more about what the show centers around.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

From what is saw/read on the GW main page, this show sounds interesting. Might have to check it out...
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6181/mbeddiene8.jpg[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

I'm absolutely looking forward to "Sanctuary". I'm supportive of all Amanda's work, and how can you go wrong with Martin Wood at the helm. He's an awesome director! Will be here...waving multi-coloured flags

There was reference made to this at P2 by both Ryan Robbins and DAn Payne who have both also worked on the show - Ryan was wearing - and throwing out into the audience - promotional t-shirts for the show.

From a story Dan told about filiming for the show, it has to do with vampires (as he was playing a vampire in the scene). Both he and Ryan are really excited about the project and it sounds interesting so I'll be keeping an eye out for it. I might be able to give more info about what was said about it once I finish typing up all my quickly scribbled notes from the con talks!

A cupboard in McKay's lab, waiting for the best moment to pounce on him...

The major things I picked up about it from P2 was that Ryan and Paul McGillion will also be in it.
    by Kaaatie

Default Re: Sanctuary??

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    This is the third series they're coming out with? LAME!
    Can we please give Sanctuary a chance???

I personally can't wait to see it. The darkness of it, it is a deffinate draw. The music is just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gate gal View Post
    It looks like it will be an actual show aired on the net, but there will also be interactive features to the episodes. It sounds like an incredibly cool new entertainment medium to me. I love the special interactive features on DVDs. I wonder if the extras will be similar. I really can't wait to find out.
    ITA. The theme of the show sounds interesting, and I'd give it a go just based on that and the cast/crew. But the actual premise of the show is really exciting, IMHO. I'm really interested to see where this leads, and what they do with it.
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/Lauriel_01/Sigs/Iddoanything.jpg
    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Ryan and Dan etc are really excited about it and I'm very keen to see it...

Courtesy of waterfall and LADoyle on the S/J thread, new interview regarding Sanctuary.

Looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOytcEz4ME
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Quote Originally Posted by Gate gal View Post

what exactly does the 'interactive' mean? do we control the storyline or characters or (?)?

sally
    sally

Quote Originally Posted by tagger View Post
    Courtesy of waterfall and LADoyle on the S/J thread, new interview regarding Sanctuary.

Looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOytcEz4ME
    do we need spoiler tags?

if not, i'll just make sure and give some spoiler space...

`
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `

so, amanda plays helen magnus, a 157 year old doctor. her father set up a 'santuary' for *special* ppl - vampires, wherewolves, etc. how helen got to be 157 wasn't revealed by amanda, but it's something the show will reveal.

another groovy part is helen had been involved with jack the ripper -yes, THE mr ripper- and had a daughter with him. ~this sounds wicked!~

this sounds soooooo cool!!

sally
    sally

riding in the hippy bus, singing loud and proud

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    do we need spoiler tags?

if not, i'll just make sure and give some spoiler space...

`
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `

so, amanda plays helen magnus, a 157 year old doctor. her father set up a 'santuary' for *special* ppl - vampires, wherewolves, etc. how helen got to be 157 wasn't revealed by amanda, but it's something the show will reveal.

another groovy part is helen had been involved with jack the ripper -yes, THE mr ripper- and had a daughter with him. ~this sounds wicked!~

this sounds soooooo cool!!

sally
    I agree. It sounds so cool and very excited about it. I can't wait to see it, is it spring yet?

Spoiler:
    I like the idea of it being about creatures and that her (Helen) father created this sanctuary for them. There must be some amazing backstory to go with the father as well as the 157 years of Helen's life.

I thought it was particularly interesting the whole thing is done on green screen. Sounds exciting.

One problem? My teacher had the same name as AT's character and that's going to cause some confusion for a while because she has dark hair as well. LOL.

Wendy
    Hugs
    Made by the lovely Jakie