This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus Landing Bays

Does anyone know where the launch/landing bays were on the Prometheus? Something that's been confusing me for a while now.
    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

that depends. Pre season nine there was one main one and it was on the main section of the ship below the bridge module. During ethon we see that they are what were previously the hyperspace engines (one assumes they were modified into landing bays and the asgard gave them a more compact hyperdrive)
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      that depends. Pre season nine there was one main one and it was on the main section of the ship below the bridge module. During ethon we see that they are what were previously the hyperspace engines (one assumes they were modified into landing bays and the asgard gave them a more compact hyperdrive)
      Sounds like someone in CGI forgot about scale. If the nacelles are the fighter bays, then wouldn't that make them similar in size to the Daedalus bays? (Unless I have the width wrong, might be that Daedalus bays are wide enough for 2 fighters and the Prometheus bays are wide enough for 1 (serving as landing/takeoff bays and the hanger bay being within the main body of the ship))
      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

erm i'm not sure to be honest. i'll watch the ep again later and take some screen shots of it.

Comment

yeh the old hanger in the middle was converted into cargo bay and the hyperriv generators were turned into hangers.

Comment

We cannot discern where the "old hangar" was because we never saw any F-302's come out of it. Only what we see on the show is canon. Any schematics not seen in the show are complete bull.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

i think we can fairly positively say that's where it was.......find me somewhere else they can fly from.

Comment

Just another CG screwup.. From this first pic we see that there are no launch bay doors on the pods.. just the blueishpurple stuff. we can clearly see that these are not meant to be the launch pods.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...sxx/cap203.jpg

But in Ethon we see that there are launch bay doors and we see 302's launching from these pods...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...sxx/cap440.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...sxx/cap488.jpg

-James-

IMG tags snipped with the reminder that any and all inline images must be less than 700 pixels wide
                Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

We can sumarise thought that this was a refit made to keep the prometheus on par with the 304's.

Comment

I don't know if this is very accurate but here a plan of the Prometheus...
                    http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3...us35go5cz9.jpg

IMG tags snipped with the reminder that any and all inline pics MUST be less than 700 pixels wide
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2007, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalario View Post
                      I don't know if this is very accurate but here a plan of the Prometheus...
                      http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3...us35go5cz9.jpg
                      That was never in the show at any point. It is a complete guess as to what is inside.
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2007, 07:28 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

i believe those were the schematics provided by the shows producers. they are exactly the same practically in every schematic you see. they're pretty well official.

Comment

That schematic pic was made by James Robbins the shows lead conceptual designer. The text was added by a fan Mirko Stodter.. For some reason your image is missing the signature that gives credit... heres the original...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1388994_59.jpg

Because the text was added by a fan it can not be verified that is where the hanger is..

-James-
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XJamesX View Post
                            That schematic pic was made by James Robbins the shows lead conceptual designer. The text was added by a fan Mirko Stodter.. For some reason your image is missing the signature that gives credit... heres the original...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1388994_59.jpg

Because the text was added by a fan it can not be verified that is where the hanger is..

-James-
                            RU kidding? If u scroll up a couple post u can see EXACTLY where the hangars are, lol
                            Last edited by Skydiver; 25 February 2007, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                              RU kidding? If u scroll up a couple post u can see EXACTLY where the hangars are, lol
                              UM Yeah I know, I posted the pics of the hangers... all I was saying was that the schematic pic isn't cannon. Not to mention based on the schematic pic and the added text the Main hanger is ontop of the ship under the tower part. The schematic pic doesn't appear to have the pods in it.

-James-

Comment

Working...
                              X