This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dialing every gate

what would happen if you dialed every gate in the galaxy like baal did and stepped through? the dakara beam was replicated (ha, just realised the pun) so it would spread across all the worlds in the galaxy, so would a person/MALP be replicated millions of times over? perhaps that's how Baal created all his clones by dialing a few gates at the same time and stepping through

GMM

Gateworld RPG

One morning, a Wraith hatches a brilliant plan and takes over the O'Neill after consuming some lemon chicken. - The Stargate Plot Generator

I am not sure that would work. It's like the wave wasn't copied or duplicated, but split up so the expanding wave would arrive on a planet and continue to expand.

If Baal walked through, it's possible he'd have been sliced into thousands of pieces

sigpic

Comment

I agree with SaberBlade. It would not have been possible for the energy wave to duplicate, because of the law of energy preservation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
        I agree with SaberBlade. It would not have been possible for the energy wave to duplicate, because of the law of energy preservation.
        No but every single DHD could add energy so that the wave would be "duplicated" and since mass = energy it might work with a person. Couse we know the DHD on the other side should help with energy if the connection fails and there's no energy for the object to materialize, we learned that in 48 Hours.

Comment

That is also a possibility. But since the SGC does not have a DHD it would not have worked on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
            That is also a possibility. But since the SGC does not have a DHD it would not have worked on earth.
            No, but did we se it expand across the entire earth? I only remember we saw shots from the SGC. It might not have spread across the entire earth, so no added energy was needed.

Comment

i thought the dakara device only had enough energy to envelope a world and the surrounding space (or at least that's what i understood from the dialogue) which was why the only possible conclusion i could come up with would be that the form of energy that was emitted could only have been duplicated for some reason, i kinda thought that perhaps the stargates/wormhole/dhds would have drawn the power needed or something...

if that isn't the case, how does the dakara device work (in theory)?

GMM

Gateworld RPG

One morning, a Wraith hatches a brilliant plan and takes over the O'Neill after consuming some lemon chicken. - The Stargate Plot Generator

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I am not sure that would work. It's like the wave wasn't copied or duplicated, but split up so the expanding wave would arrive on a planet and continue to expand.

If Baal walked through, it's possible he'd have been sliced into thousands of pieces
                I belive this is an accurate assesment of the situation

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

A better question would be, HOW do you dial every gate in the galaxy? Just press in the 6 symbols over and over then the 7th as it would be the same for all of them or is it an auto dialer? An auto dialer would make more sense since there are thousands of gates. Anybody have any ideas on how it works?

AGT58

Comment

Well we have seen the stargate do it before, in Window of Opportunity, but just on a much bigger scale, so it's something that seems to be something the gate can do.

It's possible it just uses the corilative update program to connect to each gate, but rather than transmit updated coordinates, it sends part of a wave to the other side.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X