This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough with the SAVE CARSON threads!

He is gone accept it and move on. He should've been a secondary character anyway. They should focus on the team just like SG1 did. Everyone else is a secondary character.

Ooooooh you're gonna get flamed mate. I see where you're coming from though.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jons242 View Post
      He is gone accept it and move on. He should've been a secondary character anyway. They should focus on the team just like SG1 did. Everyone else is a secondary character.

Question:

Do you consider Weir a secondary character as well?
      McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
        Question:

Do you consider Weir a secondary character as well?
        Yes she should be a secondary character too. She is like General Hammon in SG1, he was a secondary character.

Comment

Too bad they only focus on half of the team--EVERYBODY on SGA EXCEPT for McKay and Sheppard are secondary characters...and I'm not too sure that Sheppard isn't secondary, too!

Comment

Dunno about accepting it and moving on, but I know I for one would greatly appreciate it if people would stop hijacking non-Save Carson threads in order to further their cause. The ep Vengeance is for discussion of events in Vengeance, not for complaining about the lack of Carson or lack of mention of Carson or how Carson could have been used in the ep. Darren already posted once telling people to stick to the subject (which is Vengeance, not Carson) and he was almost universally ignored.

There are plenty of threads for discussing Carson already without necessitating taking unrelated threads and turning THEM into Carson threads, too.

Comment

Please define secondary character for me? Wasn't the actor a main cast member? I realise he didn't start that way but the dude was promoted.

Wendy
              Hugs
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yes she should be a secondary character too. She is like General Hammon in SG1, he was a secondary character.

Wow.

I always considered those in the title sequence to be "primary characters". (Shep, Mckay, Ronon, Weir, Teyla, Beckett)...

IMO, when you're talking "secondary", it's characters like Zelenka, Lorne, Biro and Chuck.
                McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Have actually watched SG-1 ?
                  Check your facts it's Hammond and he was a regular !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    There are plenty of threads for discussing Carson already without necessitating taking unrelated threads and turning THEM into Carson threads, too.
                    It is getting very annoying with the Carson fans whining every chance they get in every thread they post in when they have threads already to whine in. Might have to start using the warn button so that the "mods" can ask them to stop whine spamming in threads that are not for Carson especially episode discussion threads. The fans got their way here when it comes to spoilers now its time to organize the whiners

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
                      Wow.

I always considered those in the title sequence to be "primary characters". (Shep, Mckay, Ronon, Weir, Teyla, Beckett)...

IMO, when you're talking "secondary", it's characters like Zelenka, Lorne, Biro and Chuck.

That's what I thought secondary meant, hence my confusion. I though secondary meant recurring characters who appear in a minor capacity, that you barely see, such as the above mentioned ones. There have been many secondary characters on both SG-1 and Atlantis and all of them were not in the main cast.

Wendy
                      Hugs
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

The original post says should have been secondary, so I fail to see how the real status of Paul in the credits affects the argument.
                        Visit these links:
                        Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
                        ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
                        There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
                        ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                          It is getting very annoying with the Carson fans whining every chance they get in every thread they post in when they have threads already to whine in. Might have to start using the warn button so that the "mods" can ask them to stop whine spamming in threads that are not for Carson especially episode discussion threads. The fans got their way here when it comes to spoilers now its time to organize the whiners
                          This thread is probably going to get locked or merged anyway, but the Carson fans aren't the only ones whining and complaining in every thread they go. There's been multiple threads just like this one with people saying "get over it" or "just accept it and move on", and they are usually considered demeaning towards other fans and either the threads are merged somewhere else, the posts are removed/modsnipped, or the threads are locked.

But don't get me wrong, though... I actually agree with you. People can be sensitive about issues they feel strongly about, and sometimes poke their sensitivity in places/threads where it isn't appropriate. I'm an active supporter of the SCB thread and the McGillion thunk thread, and I try to put my opinions there and nowhere else. If you have a problem with certain people, bring it up in PM or to the mods. I hope everyone has the courtesy to not demean other people's opinions with statements like that. Gripe about it all you want, but you can't make people move on if they really don't want to.

Comment

The reason I liked Atlantis was that it was different from SG1. I don't think it should be a replica following the same format. Sure, they should have some team episodes, but I enjoy watching the other characters as well.

I'm glad they developed the characters of Weir and Beckett. I don't want Weir to be like Hammond, and I was disappointed that they killed off Beckett just like Frasier. It seems like they are doing a "soft reset" to make the show more like a bad copy of SG1, and that's unfortunate IMO.

I've accepted the fact that Carson is gone. He wasn't one of my favorite characters, but I do understand how people feel about losing one of the main characters on the show, especially for no apparent reason.
                            sigpic

Sheppard: You think it's worth checking out?
                            McKay: Any significant energy emission generally indicates technological civilization.
                            Sheppard: So... you think it's worth checking out?
                            McKay: [sarcastically] I'm sorry. Yes. Energy field good.

My SGA Fanfiction: www.fanfiction.net/~atlantisgate

Comment

I don't particularly consider myself a Carson fan, but I did consider him to be an integral part of the Atlantis cast. And while I haven't had a chance to watch Vengeance yet, whether or not Carson is mentioned in it was a point of primary interest for me, and I am disappointed to hear he wasn't. So, for better or worse, my disappointment in that regard will be part of the overall experience of that episode for me, and I would feel uncomfortable at being told that I cannot mention that when commenting on that episode.
                              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                              X