• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run! (115)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    RUN!
    EPISODE NUMBER - 115

Matt Parkman takes a job as a private bodyguard, and becomes a target of Linderman's hired hitman: Jessica. Ando and Hiro try to help a woman in Vegas, while Claire hopes to meet her biological father. Suresh finds someone on the list who is willing to talk to him -- but Sylar gets to him first.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:23 PM.

Found it!

Interesting ep tonight. Good use of the characters.

I love that Nathan is trying to be caring... in his own Nathanish sort of way. And Matt was great, although I'm getting a bit tired of everyone dumping on him all the time. It's tedious. We got that he was a loser the first time around, we don't need to be beaten over the head with it every bloody time he shows up. And for all the sneering sarcasm about the "really strong woman" I'd like to know exactly how the frak else they were planning to explain the man who was RIPPED IN HALF....

I also felt sorry for Claire's adoptive mum. Ye gods, how many times has Mr. Clean wiped her memory? Now her who life is falling apart. Although ironically I had wondered earlier in the ep if Mum really even liked dogs or if that was something Mr. Bennet added to fill in all the gaps. Take out a chunk of memory, fill it with Mr. Muggles. It could explain her unhealthy obsession with the dog.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 12 February 2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Wonderful episode tonight. IMO, this show is just getting better and better all the time.

I'm starting to really feel sorry for Claire. Both of her "families" are royally screwed up.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm sad to say this is the first Heroes episode I felt generally disappointed with. It felt too predictable. I saw almost everything coming, with the exception of Hope's betrayal and Zane's ability to melt metal (cool, but dangerous in the hands of Sylar). Additionally, the ads NBC ran had almost all its scenes from episodes in coming weeks, yet they said "Tonight, someone flies, someone dies." I fault NBC on that one though. They're pulling exactly what ABC does with Lost, by overdramatizing that episode or featuring clips not even from that night's episode. Anyway, back to tonight's episode. Like I said, I saw a lot of it coming. Heroes doesn't do as many filler episodes as some other shows, which I love, but tonight just felt like a connecting episode, reiterating a lot from prior episodes. Yes, we know Matt has inadequacy issues (although this time he takes diamonds from a crime scene). I'd like to see him grow some more, branch out. Hiro and Ando, though they are a great team, needed to split though, if Hiro's going to get the sword. On the other hand, I'd like to see Ando have his day. I'm quite disappointed with Claire's birth mom. She sacrificed Nathan and Claire's potential happiness at meeting each other for some money. Way to go Meredith. Blatently absent tonight were Claude, Peter, and the Haitian, all of whom I'm very interested in.

Overall, ** stars (although I might be being a little generous there)
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

i liked it .. once agaoin it is setting the stage for prolly much better ep.
          i kinda got used to it with Heroes .. there have been few like these and then we get 2 (usually) where things unfold at much faster pace ...

Sylar is just creepy ... for one moment i thought he actually let that guy walk ...
          Nathan ... he is up for interesting meeting with Nikki (just that one should prolly give lots of action )
          Claire .. poor kid .. noone to turn to right now (listening like that - under the window muct have been hard - nica acting on Heyden's part btw)

and so on ... i liked it .. very much ... i expect next ep to be much faster paced with some important things happening ...

and last ... Linderman ... to me it seems like he is main arc of whole season ... let's wait and see ..
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Lots of interesting threads coming together with more of the "heroes" crossing paths. Generally a decent episode except for...

What Bugged Me:
            I dunno... but I'm getting the feeling that our heroes are a bit too distracted or at least I'm getting distracted by the distractions... It usually isn't so obvious but this episode definitely felt like the writers were dragging their feet a little while some of last week's threads felt to me rather rushed. I would have preferred to see more of Mr Nakamura Snr than another Vegas red herring.

What was Good:

Sylar and Mohinda meeting... wonder how long before our Dr Suresh cottons onto the deception.
            Nathan, Meredith and Claire... good performances there by Adrian Pasdar and Hayden Pattiere.
            Matt crossing paths with Niki/Jessica

One really has to feel sorry for Mrs Bennett... finally succumbing to one memory wipe too many...

Linderman... never has a man been busier and more mysterious. Linderman's Angels, anyone?
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I wasn't too thrilled about this episode though its hard to pinpoint why. Maybe it's because it lacked Peter and I like his interactions with Nathan and Claude.

I feel like the situation is being set up to force Claire to go out on her own. Right now, she has almost no one. Her mom's mind is gone, her brother is oblivious, her dad's a liar, her real dad doesn't want to know her and Meredith is going away. Life sucks for her.
              I really wish she could have met Nathan but I knew better thant to expect that.

And poor Matt, can he get anything right? This diamond thing is going to come back to bite him... like everything else he does. He needs a session with Claude so he can learn to stop trying to save everyone.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Zane/Sylar melts more than just metal- remember the half-melted phone? Remind me not to shake hands with Sylar.

I wasn't disappointed with the ep, but then, I try not to have high expectations beyond "OMG! New ep! Yay!"

Comment

Nice one! 8.5/10 only because I did not like Hiro's side show in this one. I hope It becomes something more.
                  The Matt vs. Jessica WOW! That was great but way to short. I will love to see this on DVD when I comes out.

Green to all my HEROES friends. (Or at least those that I can.)
                  Last edited by Doze; 14 February 2007, 03:45 AM.
                  Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I liked this ep, but I honestly cannot stand Claire's biological mother. I thought that Nathan was actually not a bad guy & you could tell he really wanted to get to know Claire, but felt he couldn't or shouldn't because of where he was in his life. He knows that he can do a lot of good in the senate & that could all go away if this scandal surfaces so close to the election.

My question is, does Nathan recognize his daughter Claire as the cheerleader that his brother Peter saved? There didn't seem to be a spark of recognition in his eyes, but he was playing things pretty close to the chest (as he usually does).

I am totally OK with Matt stealing the diamonds. His career as a cop is over, his career as a bodyguard ended with a dead client on the very first day and the diamonds are the property of a dead thief who stole money from another bad man to buy them. I did think he was going to be the hero who is supposed to die, though. I couldn't believe he survived the fall out the window, but something tells me that his safety isn't assured.

Claire's adoptive mother is so messed up, I feel terrible for her! Now she can't even remember her dog, which was the one contant in her messed up life! HRG has a lot of explaining to do. I know he thinks he is acting in his family's best interests, but the woman is obviously suffering brain damage from the Haitian's repeated memory wipes!

I can't believe that Mohinder has unwittingly partnered with Sylar! Giving that psycho access to the list is a very bad idea. Although, I think it is going to provide some great scenes, Sylar is one of those characters you love to hate & hate to love.

Comment

I enjoyed this one. Not a "rah, rah" episode, but entertaining.

Syler hooking up with Mohinder is just creepy and Jessica is absolutely scary in the extreme. Poor Matt, he just can't seem to catch a break can he? I wonder if he'll get caught with the diamonds. And Claire is in a bad place right now. I don't think it will be too long before she strikes out on her own.
                      sigpic

Comment

According to folks on the 9th Wonders board, no, Nathan has never met Claire. Apparently the scene at the jail was a "just missed" scenario.

Here's a question, though: how did Meredith manage to get a direct line to Nathan?

Comment

Another good ep!

Loving Claire's story- her poor mum. Wouldn't have thought from the beginning of the season that I'd end up feeling so sorry for her. Love Nathan for trying to be the good guy, his mother's just plain cold-hearted though. Didn't like Hiro and Ando's story so much this week, it wasn't quite as fun as it usually is, but it wasn't bad. Matt's was pretty interesting, yay for Matt vs. Jessica!

I really missed Peter and Claude. I absolutly love thier interaction, but it looks like they will be back next week! And I also missed Zach. Hope he comes back again before he's gone for good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            According to folks on the 9th Wonders board, no, Nathan has never met Claire. Apparently the scene at the jail was a "just missed" scenario.
                            Nathan didn't come until the day after in the evening, and they talked to clair early in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                              I feel like the situation is being set up to force Claire to go out on her own. Right now, she has almost no one. Her mom's mind is gone, her brother is oblivious, her dad's a liar, her real dad doesn't want to know her and Meredith is going away. Life sucks for her.
                              Well, at least we know she has a cool uncle out there

*sigh* I watched the first 13 episodes right in a row, this whole waiting weeks for the next one sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X