• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distractions (114)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    DISTRACTIONS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114

As Peter begins his training to learn how to control his abilities, Claire strikes out on a mission to meet her birth mother. Sylar pays a visit to the Bennett home, looking for Claire. Hiro considers the future of his own mission after his father demands that he return home.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:23 PM.

Who else caught the license plate on George Takei's car?

NCC-1701 from the quick glimpse I got. By the time I realized it was already gone

Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Missed the license plate. Ah well.

Gotta say I'm a bit surprised about Claire's daddy. I know it SEEMED like Nathan's arm last week, but I figured that was an intentional distraction. Looks like it was the real deal. Methinks this is going to complicate things and spin Nathan to the dark side.

What a pity.

Kudos to Hiro for playing his sister. Ha, he sure has HER number.

Comment

I really thought it'd be Linderman and that Nathan would be too obvious. Oh well, still a good episode.
        Last edited by mi4si; 06 February 2007, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Kind of a weak show tonight. 7/10
          Thought the writers said just kidding and set us back two or three episodes. Hiro/father stuff was very boring; I hope that there is more to this than what was tonight. Sylar is out and that part is reset. Claire and her mother was slow, love the father twist, I did not see that coming.
          Some dead bodies in the sand… naaa you can go. WHAT???
          I did like the Peter/ Claude thing should take a little time and that is a good thing.
          Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Yeah, some of the storylines are a bit frustrating.

I know the whole thing with Hiro's family was supposed to underline the whole issue of being just another blank-faced cog and the Traditions that he's trying to evade, but I kinda wish we could have gotten more out of Mr. Nakamura than a stone-faced stereotype.

Claire and her mom was kinda meh. BTW, am I the only one who wondered if that suspiciously large necklace contained a tracking device? I'm sure it isn't, but dang, I really wondered for a minute. ...Of course, I also thought Daddy was Mr. Linderman in which case a tracking device might make more sense.

Claire's pseudomommy is a bit of a twit, isn't she? And yet I felt sorry for her at the end. How many times has her memory been erased? No wonder she's obsessed with her dog, it's probably the only thing she can be sure about with her Haitian-induced jittery memory.

Peter and Claude were interesting.I hope they go slow with this, too. And I hope Claude's gonna be sticking around for a while. LOVED the scene where Pete started freaking out about losing control and Claude just popped him in the nose. Hee!

Hope things pick up next week. And I really REALLY hope Nathan isn't going to turn evil. Please please please.

Comment

loved the licence plate. Such a sucker for in-jokes, what can I say.

Comment

"I would have died if I didn't regenerate!" Heheh...
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Holy Crap. Nathan's the last person I'd expect to be Claire's Dad. Great episode, can't wait until next week's episode for the effects of "Nathan is Claire's dad" shocker.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                    "I would have died if I didn't regenerate!" Heheh...
                    That was sweet, wasn't it? I'm loving this show more and more.

And Nathan being Claire's father - I never would have guessed that in a million years.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh ye gods, I looked at that cityscape painting of Isaac's and immediately thought "Look, a Stargate!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        Oh ye gods, I looked at that cityscape painting of Isaac's and immediately thought "Look, a Stargate!!"
                        You know, I didn't think of that at first. But, you are right. It did look like one.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good episode. I don't think Simone and Isaac were necessarily being romantic and I'm disappointed that Peter didn't see that. Liked Claude's lesson though. Oh! And apparently Mr. Bennet is acquainted with him...interesting...

I thought Nathan being the father was predictable, but even still I didn't see it coming. The big issue is that all the Peter/Claire shippers are all going "Hold the phone!" haha

Did anyone happen to catch what Mr. Bennet's first name was on his driver's lisence? It should be there...

I liked Hiro's storyline, although it seemed from the storylines that Hiro's dad would take a bit more convincing than he ended up needing. Although I hear on the pipeline
                          Spoiler:
                          that we may see him with another hero besides Hiro, so who knows.
                          But who knows if those things are accurate all the time.

Overall, *** stars (for once a Gateworld rating I agree with...)
                          Spoiler:
                          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                            Holy Crap. Nathan's the last person I'd expect to be Claire's Dad. Great episode, can't wait until next week's episode for the effects of "Nathan is Claire's dad" shocker.
                            On the one hand, a buddy and I both thought it was Nathan, but on the other, WOW!

And let's not even start on the preview for next week
                            Last edited by alaskannut; 05 February 2007, 10:37 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Methinks this is going to complicate things and spin Nathan to the dark side.
                              How do you figure that? If anything, I would think that it would draw him out of his box and actually get him involved in "the mission" to a greater extent, realizing once and for all that they are all connected.

Personally, I'm a bit more worried about the new friends that Mohinder and Isaac are keeping
                              Last edited by alaskannut; 05 February 2007, 10:43 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                              "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Working...
                              X