Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 In The Films? (SPOILERS for 'Unending')

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 In The Films? (SPOILERS for 'Unending')

Sorry if this has already been covered,

or whether this question is obvious and i'm a retard

Spoiler:
    BUT if SG1 have to live out their lives with each other at the finale of the show,

then how do they go back to the Ark Of Truth where they will obviously be their usual selves

Help,
    please

Bently
    Last edited by Darren; 29 January 2007, 10:57 AM.
    So it's come to this a signature

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Bently.
    First, you're going to need to either mark your thread as a spoiler thread, or enter spoiler tags to the message (by using this - [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] - without the spaces) - and maybe both
    Second, to your answer...
    Spoiler:
    RCC has said that just liek any good Science fiction show, they're doing a whole reset at the end of Unending, so that it never happened
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Though hopefully

Spoiler:
      they will remember everything so that it's not a total cop-out. That actually would have been a neat way to end SG-1 for good with them all grown old though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bently7 View Post
        Sorry if this has already been covered,

or whether this question is obvious and i'm a retard

Spoiler:
        BUT if SG1 have to live out their lives with each other at the finale of the show,

then how do they go back to the Ark Of Truth where they will obviously be their usual selves

Help,
        please

Bently
        Did you ever see "2010" or "Moebius, Parts 1 & 2?" I suspect that "Unending" will be that type of episode... a team episode where they are stuck on a space ship for 50 years, but the episode ends where this is somehow prevented. It does make me wonder if the episode will end with SG-1 not remembering whut happened. Then again, a harddrive could be sent back in time with video journals by the aging SG-1 to tell their younger selves whut could have happened. That's just speculation, though. All we know for sure is that SG-1 gets trapped on a space ship for 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Though hopefully

Spoiler:
          they will remember everything so that it's not a total cop-out. That actually would have been a neat way to end SG-1 for good with them all grown old though.
          I hope SG-1
          Spoiler:
          remembers everything from what happens in "Unending" as well.
          That would be sweet.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I hope SG-1
            Spoiler:
            remembers everything from what happens in "Unending" as well.
            That would be sweet.
            So long as it's not an
            Spoiler:
            S/J "I love you!" fest.

Edit: nevermind, RDA won't be in it.

Comment

*sigh*

Im a tad disapointed with this method of ending... I think both Full Circle and Moebius had it dead on.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                *sigh*

Im a tad disapointed with this method of ending... I think both Full Circle and Moebius had it dead on.
                I have to disagree about Full Circle. 4.5 years after I've seen the episode and I still cannot fathom how they ever concieved to finish the show that way
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I know, "Full Circle" as with "Revelations" would have been horrible finales. The best finale of the past 5 years would have been "Lost City", Earth saved, Anubis gone, Ancient weapons FINALLY discovered and such! "Moebius" was basically an excuse to see SG-1 use a jumper (something that they should have done more often) and to get a free ZPM. "Camelot" would not have worked well as a season finale as it ended with a battle in which one of the Earth ships got destroyed, what? If the show wasn't renewed would it have been the Odyssey that got destroyed?? I'm relieved to hear somewhere that the producers aren't going to blow up the SGC at the end of the series or anything like that.

AGT58

Comment

God i hate the reset button! the idea for the ep sounds pretty good even though its been done before on B5, moebius was such a massive disappointment they dont need to use the reset button yet again! just one final slap in the face i guess.
                    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                      I know, "Full Circle" as with "Revelations" would have been horrible finales. The best finale of the past 5 years would have been "Lost City", Earth saved, Anubis gone, Ancient weapons FINALLY discovered and such!
                      And Jack frozen/almost dead? You don't think that sort of, you know, ruins it as a series finale?!

And SG1 does remember everything that happens in Unending; this guy over at another forum who saw it said so.

Don't believe me? PM majorsal, I sent her the thread a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        I have to disagree about Full Circle. 4.5 years after I've seen the episode and I still cannot fathom how they ever concieved to finish the show that way
                        It ended the show where the film began, on Abydos. And then there would have been a BIG SCREEN movie similar to the Lost City, and THEN Atlantis. That works for me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It ended the show where the film began, on Abydos. And then there would have been a BIG SCREEN movie similar to the Lost City, and THEN Atlantis. That works for me.
                          True. But regardless, I think a show should end on ti's own, movies or not. The way they ended Full Circle, it's almost a clff hanger. Everything's up in the air, the stakes are high.... and nothing. En dof the hsow.
                          Dominion & Unending spoilers
                          Spoiler:
                          And from what I gather, this is how the show is going to end, although this time they have the better excuse of actually thinking it'll get another season.
                          I'm hoping that the fact Unending is the last episode and is supposed to be so unrelated to the overall arc would soften that blow.
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            And Jack frozen/almost dead? You don't think that sort of, you know, ruins it as a series finale?!
                            No way! Leaving Jack frozen would have worked really well as a series finale, it was a very emotional moment and that would have been a high note to go out on. Pretty much a perfect series finale- not everything needs a tight pretty bow, and there was something that would have worked well left open-ended.

That would have been a good ending- hec, I could have taken it without a follow up film. I like the idea that the show is still continuing on, while concluding the series by bringing it full circle.

I guess I like an ending that leaves some things open.

Look at the Angel series finale- that went out on ultimate cliffhanger, but I think it's one of the best series conclusions that I've ever seen.

Comment

Well, unless they solved Jack's problem in some other capacity later on, I would never consider Lost City as a good series finale.

Some may say that the unexpected would be good, but really, don't you want to see the team relaxing/laughing/normal during the last minutes of the show?

Comment

Working...
                              X