Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think the CGI has gone worse, not better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    LMAO!!!!

How dare they, right?

Personally, the CG aspects of the show are only a small part of the enjoyment for me. They definitely don't make or break an episode IMO.
    yeah just look at babylon 5. that had 5 fantastic seasons but their entire budget per season was the same as just one episode of star trek voyager which was on at the same time.

stargate has amazing cgi anyway but it isn't what makes the episodes great.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
      Their cheapness can be found in that TBTB can only afford to have 4 ori ships for a supposed invasion fleet.
      Just wait for the cheapie effects in the DVD movies!!
      The 4 ships were simply their first wave, if you send anymore than that (based on the power of a single one of these ships) the galaxy wouldn't stand a chance at all. I'm not the biggest fans on some of TPTB's decisions but I think this was the right choice, you have to give the fans a little hope that our heroes will be able to do something. If they sent their whole fleet (likely hundreds of ships) straight away then there'd be no hope of defeating this enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
        I laugh when people talk about how great the Camelot space battle was. Trek were doing better effects 10 years ago. Just look at the DS9 Dominion battles if you really want to see a good space battle.
        We all know that SG-1 plots are determined by what can be used again in their wardrobe department. Thats why every second episode is standard alien(human) race in medi-evil rag uniform.
        Their cheapness can be found in that TBTB can only afford to have 4 ori ships for a supposed invasion fleet.
        Just wait for the cheapie effects in the DVD movies!!
        The DS9 battles were great, but they were working on a budget too, most of those shots were re used a number of times. At least on Stargate the big battles are always new and unique.

The number of Ori ships and the reason for most of the planets being medieval has been explained in the show plenty of times. The Ori ships are the first wave of the invasion fleet and the reason most planets are not advanced is because the Goa'uld stopped the population of the planets they ruled from developing any further.

To say it's cheap is wrong, they are simply being consistent with the main story they have developed throughout the show.
        "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith View Post
          The DS9 battles were great, but they were working on a budget too, most of those shots were re used a number of times. At least on Stargate the big battles are always new and unique.

The number of Ori ships and the reason for most of the planets being medieval has been explained in the show plenty of times. The Ori ships are the first wave of the invasion fleet and the reason most planets are not advanced is because the Goa'uld stopped the population of the planets they ruled from developing any further.

To say it's cheap is wrong, they are simply being consistent with the main story they have developed throughout the show.
          Now lets be honest, you can hardly use the word consistent when talking about Stargate. But you are right in that the Goauld did prevent races worsipping them from becoming too advanced.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Some CGI is going to be wonky no matter what you do.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I thought season 10's CGI has been incredibly bad. Especially that damn dragon. All the effects-related shots in that two parter just looked bad. Really bad. The show's cost cutting measures have been very, very, very appearant in season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                No, it was scaled right; you just missed the perspective. When the Ori ship was "small", it was much farther away from us than the supergate.

EDIT: And I disagree; I think the SFX has been pretty awesome this year beside a few bumps; but then, nobody's perfect.
                The shot was seconds in between, does that mean the Ori ship can teleport all of a sudden?

Comment

I saw the Ice Planet trailer.There are one of the greatest space battles I've ever seen.And it's just a trailer
                  Last edited by g.o.d; 31 January 2007, 08:22 AM.
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    I saw the Ice Planet trailer.There are one of the greatest space battles I've ever seen.And it's just a trailer
                    What Ice Planet trailer?

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                      What Ice Planet trailer?

http://www.ice-planet.tv

video section.There's one
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                        The shot was seconds in between, does that mean the Ori ship can teleport all of a sudden?
                        Nope. Rewatch the scene again; quite some time pass between the Ori ship's arrival and when we see it far away.

Comment

Originally posted by markaudette View Post
                          I thought season 10's CGI has been incredibly bad. Especially that damn dragon. All the effects-related shots in that two parter just looked bad. Really bad. The show's cost cutting measures have been very, very, very appearant in season 10.
                          What you wanted a real dragon? What if it ate people?! Anyway it looked fine to me and season 10's CGI is far from bad.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think on select eps u are right but alot of the time the effects are better. U kepp saying how bad dragon was but what abot assembling of weapon and fight at the end in quest prt 2. they were rely good special effects. The reason the atlantis space battles are better is because generally sg-1 shows how big space and how tiny the ships are in it like in company pf thieves were as atlantis focuses on how big the ships are amking it look more realistic.

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Since season 8, I Find that all the medieval cities look the same : Studio!!!
                              The ships are cool, not as cool as BSG maybe, but it's good.
                              I found that the dragon in ''s10e11'' looked little faked yah...
                              All good things must come to an end...
                              Canada Rule!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                                I think on select eps u are right but alot of the time the effects are better. U kepp saying how bad dragon was but what abot assembling of weapon and fight at the end in quest prt 2. they were rely good special effects. The reason the atlantis space battles are better is because generally sg-1 shows how big space and how tiny the ships are in it like in company pf thieves were as atlantis focuses on how big the ships are amking it look more realistic.
                                Agreed.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X