This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti McKay/Brown thread

A few people i know were talking about this but didn't seem to be going to do it, so i'm going to jump right in. Welcome to...

THE ANTI McKAY/BROWN THREAD!!!!

I've been a thunker of McKay for a long time and i just can't see them together. IMO i see McKay needing a stronger woman than Brown, someone who would tell him to shut up if he was being too snarky or trick him to stop working and come to bed. Sam seems too strong, so we need someone inbetween Sam and Katie. Any ideas

Sig made by Suekay.

Personally, I like both McWeir and McTeyla...Rodney seems to treat both Elizabeth and Teyla differently to how he treats other women, and he appears to listen to both of them, again, more than he does with other women.

And...

Spoiler:
    Rodney did write that book about Elizabeth...

I quite like Katie, and I'm hoping it turns out she's been hiding a temper or a sharp tongue, but if she doesn't I can't see McBrown (McKatie?) lasting.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      Personally, I like both McWeir and McTeyla...Rodney seems to treat both Elizabeth and Teyla differently to how he treats other women, and he appears to listen to both of them, again, more than he does with other women.
      i really do feel like McKay holds at lot of respect and care for Weir than nearly anyone else but i can more see Sheppard/Weir than McKay (DON'T FLAME ME!!!! )

IMHO I see someone, smilely and cheeky. Someone who is a compliment to how series Rodney is sometimes but she would definitly need some brains. (okay i'm picturing a female Sheppard, i need to sleep, i'll post more after i've rested)

nite

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

I personally think Rodney himself has already shot down this ship, but I think it'll be good for him to build some inter-personal skill by dating Katie I have to agree that she's too soft for him. The same kinda goes for Miko (from "Letters from Pegasus") who seemed a little too forgiving of McKay for his faults. Better for him to be with someone like Weir or Teyla (or one of the guys if your a slasher) who aren't blind to his faults but love him anyway

I think Katie is cute and it was certainly nice to see a cute side of McKay in his second date with Katie (the first not going so well, haha!)

buuut.... if Rodney decides to marry Katie, it would be a mistake, like in Battlestar galactica
        Spoiler:
        Starbuck marrying Sam and Apollo marrying Dualla

in my opinion.

Comment

Red Phoniex - it's okay...I'm a slasher too

maybe I just don't like seeing Rodney being so...lonely
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I want them to sacrifice Katie Brown to the Wraith.

Comment

Yay! Finally! *g*

The main problem I have with Katie Brown is she feels so two-dimensional. I can't even get a good "anti" rant going because there's just nothing there. Looking around, all the characters that I think might be a good match for Rodney are the men -- Sheppard, Beckett, Zelenka, Ronon, even Lorne! Teyla and Elizabeth might also be good for Rodney, but they are both too sensible to get involved with someone as high-maintenance as Rodney. *sigh* See, this is the reason I'm a slasher -- TV never gives me female characters who are as compelling as the male ones!
              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                The main problem I have with Katie Brown is she feels so two-dimensional.
                She doesn't really seem to have any character. Pretty lifeless IMO.

Rodney needs someone to keep him on his toes. I'd hate it if the writers forced this any further. They should have kept Cadman and Beckett, not Rodney and Katie.

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra View Post
                  She doesn't really seem to have any character. Pretty lifeless IMO.

Rodney needs someone to keep him on his toes. I'd hate it if the writers forced this any further. They should have kept Cadman and Beckett, not Rodney and Katie.
                  Totally agree!! Cadman had more to her and there was a real chance to explore Beckett/Cadman.

I don't like how Katie's character seems to have changed from Duet to Sunday.

*blinks* Am I really posting in the pro AND anti threads...?!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                    *blinks* Am I really posting in the pro AND anti threads...?!
                    I totally agree! I'm both for and against this ship. I think Rodney/Katie is cute... for now! After duet I really didn't think we'd see Katie again. and now that Rodney and Katie are officially a couple, we'll have to see her again. Which could be good, we already know we need to bring more character development to her, but I really don't want them to draw it out too much and make a big deal out of it, becuase in my mind, the ship has already been shot down, and Rodney was the one to do it:
                    Snipet from Sunday Transcript
                    Spoiler:
                    BROWN: For the last little while, you've really made an effort to have time for me. And it has been lovely.
                    McKAY: It's funny, you know. As much as I hate to admit it, you see my little sister is so happy with her family. I just uh... Well, it kind of made me realize that uh... well... I'd like to get married.
                    BROWN: You would?!
                    McKAY: Oh no, not to you.
                    BROWN: Oh!
                    McKAY: [Both BROWN and McKAY starts stuttering] Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, not not to you.
                    BROWN: No, I get--
                    McKAY: Look I was just. I no, no, no, that was not a proposal.
                    BROWN: I- I--
                    McKAY: I was just talking, you know.
                    BROWN: Right.
                    McKAY: I mean, I don't want you to get the wrong. It's not that I wouldn't be interested in getting married to someone. I mean someone like you. I mean someone just like you. You even maybe one day. I just uh...
                    BROWN: I- I- I- ... I know. It's- it's- it's, okay.

Where I got the Sunday Transcript from...

Now, who's he talking about? Did he have someone in mind? Maybe not, but I think so, but I might be biased

Comment

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                        i'm picturing a female Sheppard

Me too, but not necessarily female
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I'm not one for posting on Anti threads in general, but I will say that as she is written now, I'm not seeing these two having a meaninful long lasting relationship. If he wants to date her casually, then I'm fine with that, she's nice and not all relationships end in marriage. But if TPTB want this ship to actually go anywhere, they need to give her more personality and give her some bite. Rodney needs somebody who will put him in his place when he gets too pompus, and right now the only ones that do that (female wise) are Sam, Elizabeth, Teyla, and Cadman. I see any one of them as a better match for him over Katie.
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

McKay/Katie is just ...boring for me. If there's going to be a ship involving Rodney (which I would like because he's so cute) then the writers could make it a good ,fun one and Weir,Carter or Teyla would be just perfect for that 'coz they are strong women with a lot of things to say and great personalities.

Comment

She had a character to change?

Seriously, how do you think her character has changed? 'Cause I can't say I noticed any difference. But I'm willing to be enlightened!
                              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                              X