3.23 "A Matter of Faith, Part One"
    Story by Alex Rubit & Mike Coakley
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit
    Air Date: May 17, 2007

3.24 "A Matter of Faith, Part Two"
    Story by Alex Rubit & Mike Coakley
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit
    Air Date: May 24, 2007
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 24 April 2007, 08:43 PM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
    There might even be one or two new episode titles in there.
    Or four. Man, where'd you learn to count?

I'm liking the idea for the most part.

Well here's my prediction: "The Higher Plane" is something to with ascension. (states the obvious)
    Hmm, maybe I'll leave the predictions to Ryu.

Comment

Oh cool, didn't know Josh was doing one.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Well here's my prediction: "The Higher Plane" is something to with ascension.
        Hmmm. What gave it away?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Oh cool, didn't know Josh was doing one.
          Yeah, this evolved pretty quickly actually, when we were talking on MSN one night. So over the next couple of days I put together an outline based on a story concept we had, and Josh then came up with a great new twist to the original story, which should be a lot of fun to see.

Comment

What happenned to extending the season to 26 episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
              What happenned to extending the season to 26 episodes?
              Well, like I said when that announcement was made it'll only work if we have enough writers, and unfortunately, while we do have a few, we also lost some others. So instead of trying to rush things to have 26 episodes, we decided to go with the regular 24.

Season Four will go into production in June (with breaking the first stories some time in May), to ensure we'll have a really great schedule then. So we need to wrap up the main writing of this season around late April to stay on schedule.

It really kind of fell all into place nicely, though. Because one of the additional episodes we were going to do wouldn't have really worked at this point, because it's thematically similar to another episode we're doing.

So right now it seems we're sticking with 24 episodes per season, which will also be more consistent.

Besides, a lot of people said it wasn't a big deal when we said we'd be doing 26. So we figured it wouldn't really matter either way.

But seriously, it doesn't matter, because the show will go on for some time to come.

Comment

im happy to help out for Season 4 i graduate high school in june so i will be able to write two or three episodes for season 4 of horizon if you will give me the chance.

Comment

That is certainly interesting. The season finale is on my birthday. But my exact reaction was. Ahh! I have to wait eight weeks for Together We Stand. But a great birthday gift in one more episode of Horizon to read, hopefully I'll have time with my finals and all.

I too am still intested in doing perhaps a freelance episode for season four, but once again I have to see if I have the time to do one episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    im happy to help out for Season 4 i graduate high school in june so i will be able to write two or three episodes for season 4 of horizon if you will give me the chance.
                    Thanks, that's greatly appreceated.

When the time comes we'll be looking for a couple of additional writers, so I'll definitely be keeping you in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      That is certainly interesting. The season finale is on my birthday.
                      That should definitely be a great birthday gift.

I too am still intested in doing perhaps a freelance episode for season four, but once again I have to see if I have the time to do one episode.
                      That sounds great. Like I said in the post above, we'll be looking for additional writers (freelancers and one or two staff writers) around May and June. So I'll keep you guys in mind.

Comment

That does sound great. But once again it will probably a no, because of school work, and comunity service hours that I am likely to have to do over the summer. However if I were to do one it would likely have to be an early one. Eiether June or July. This brings up the point. How long does it take to write the first draft of an episode of Horizon?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                          This brings up the point. How long does it take to write the first draft of an episode of Horizon?
                          That really depends on the episode and on how much time a writer has to work on it. Each episode is different, but once the outline is done, I'd say the average time for writing a first draft is anywhere between one or two weeks.

But there've been exceptions where both Mike and I have written complete first drafts in just a couple of days. And I think the longest I've ever worked on a first draft must have been about a month. So it really depends on a lot of things. But one or two weeks is the average. And I think especially if it's someone's first episode for a series, a writer might be able to use some additional time whenever possible.

Comment

Two More weeks to go, two more weeks to go. Ahhh! This is killing me, well sort of, But still ahhhhhhhh!

Comment

Two more weeks to go, two more weeks to go. Ahhh! The mid-season hiatus got longer again.

Comment

Working...
                              X