This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'tak Specs

What would be the specs of a Ha'tak ship, like the one above? I found some specs: website w/ specs. But who knows about an amount of death gliders that would be able to fit in one of these Ha'taks? And about how many Jaffa warriors, and how large of a crew would be needed to stay on the ship to run it?

1) Size. Some people calculated a long time ago (using images from the Season 1 finale) that typical ha'taks are around 600-700 meters wide and around 300 meters tall.

2) Gliders. The RPG may offer some details about this, but I vaguely remember statements about several dozens of Death Gliders being the normal force (around 50-60, IIRC).

3) Crew. You can operate the ship with five people at most (as seen in Exodus) and it might actually be possible for a Goa'uld to single-handedly control a ha'tak from the pel'tac. Optimum numbers, however, are probably far larger. Also, ha'taks have been stated many times to be able to carry a few thousand Jaffa, although considering the dimensions of the craft, a much larger number should be possible if needed.

4) Sublight propulsion. It has been calculated that ha'taks can accelerate at tens of kilogravities (30,000 G, IIRC). Again, this is calculated using the information we are given in Exodus.

5) FTL. Difficult. Lots. We only know for sure that they a good deal faster than the 10c suggested in the Season 1 finale. Something like 10,000 c or faster is entirely possible.

Comment

In hyperspace, Hataks travel at 32,000 times light speed(Warp 9.9993)
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I think Hataks have main plasma cannons, four on each of the external hull's prongs (none pyramid bid). They have one large Shield Generator which is linked to the main Naquadah reactor, they are both located right in the centre of the Pyramids. We learn some of this from Exedous and Decent.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I had stared counting cannons some time ago, and I have a load of pics ready for that, but I need to find them.

The point is to know which type of ha'tak we're speaking of. The square based ones are the oldest variant.

The new class came in two different base models, easily identifiable by both their internal and external structural differences.

There has been several variants, like Sokar's Ha'taks possessing a cloak tech, or Anubis' ships having more powerful shields, and possible weapons, but most of them are about improvements of specificities which aren't visible like changes in the superstructure, and it's largely possible that each System Lord had his or her own own version of the base model.

For example, both Sokar and Anubis' models were based on the Mk-II architecture.

The new variant replaced the old one by the time Sokar started to mess around.
          Last time I saw a Mk-I was in It's Good to be King, though they used a hyperspace shot featuring the Mk-II. So I can't tell if they messed up or really wanted to show that older variants were still used, which would make sense.

By definition, ha'tak means "pyramid ship" if I'm not mistaken, so any ship that is based on a pyramid is a ha'tak.
          Therefore, Anubis' superships aren't ha'taks. The core structure of his ships is circular.

Assuming that the particle "tak" likely means ship, since pel'tak defines the main command bridge of a ha'tak, and ha'tak defines a type which core design is based on a pyramidal shape, while I suppose that "pel" means heart/bridge, as a noun, "ha" may be an adjective or a noun and mean either pyramid or pyramidal.

Then, if one of the two particles composing the term chap'ai - the goa'uld term used to described a stargate - doesn't explicitely mean ring, but actually refers to the shape of the ring, that is, a circular primitive, then theoretically, Anubis' shuperships could either be called chap'hak or ai'hak, but that's pure speculation... and frankly it's a bit lousy. Disc would be a better. A plain and not shallow primitive.

That said, here's stuff I already worked on:

Death glider count for a new class Mk-I.
          We see that the hangar has three levels. Each one supports two racks of five death gliders on each side of the main walkway, so that's ten DGs per level, with a total of thirty ships at least.

Please note that the hangars of a Mk-II appear strikingly different.

Jacob launches thirteen death gliders on auto-pilot as a diversion. It's unknown if there were more death gliders in the hangars. Maybe not, maybe other were damaged and unable to achieve remote launch.

This is a death glider hangar from a Mk-II. Episode Descent (season 6).

Point defense turret location on the base of a Mk-II, plus speculation as to the position of other turrets.

Rough dimensions for a Mk-I.

As for the FTL speeds, you have to look at episode Enemies, to know at least how fast Chronus' Ha'tak could fly through hyperspace.
          I can't remember the number exactly, but I think it was in the 20,000.c or a bit higher.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            As for the FTL speeds, you have to look at episode Enemies, to know at least how fast Chronus' Ha'tak could fly through hyperspace.
            I can't remember the number exactly, but I think it was in the 20,000.c or a bit higher.
            Jacob said 32,000 times the speed of light.
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post

Thats after the Replicators did there thing with it and upgraded it. If you want normal speed I dunno, but on the SG-1 season finale carter thought it would take 1 year to get to earth. but it didn't

Htey origially thought it was 10 times light speed, but then it turns out to be alot more. as it took them less than a day

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

There are three Hat'ak classes: One is a bit fatter and is the type that was seen early on in the show (used by Apophis' and minor Goa'uld). The second class is taller and is more slanted in the saucer area, this gives the vessel more firing positions (used mainly by System Lords). The last version is the one from the Movie; it was just the Golden Pyramid with out the Saucer and the armament of the ship was unknown (used by Ra).

The Hat'ak types may have depended on the Goa'uld's prefrences or capabilities that were needed of the ship.
                sigpic

Comment

I've done some calculations of my own...

Great Pyramid at Giza- Base Width: 230 metres approx

The other big one at Giza- Base Width: 210 metres approx

In Moebius Pt.2 we saw some Ha'tak Pyramids parked on these two pyramids. Therefore we can go with an average 220 metres for the base width of that particular type of Ha'tak. By comparing the base width of the Ha'tak's pyramidal structure and finding out what proportion of the overall width of the Ha'tak the pyramidal structure takes up, I managed to calculate that the width of the Ha'tak as:

460 metres, or around about that... .

Weapon strength is the other thing I've had a go with, although I've only ever had one source for actual figures. On the episode where Daniel's in the alternate reality where Earth is under attack from the Goa'uld (I think it's that episode) somebody says that the ships are hitting cities with weapons that have the explosive equivalent of 200 megatons of TNT. These are likely the Staff-style cannon shots. This is probably an out of date figure considering all the new stuff. I've done some hull and shield strength calculations as well, while most of it checks out, it's still based on the 200 megaton figure (I used the scene on Flesh & Blood when the Lucian Alliance Ha'tak blew up their own damaged Ha'tak).
                  Teal'c: Shoots wall
                  Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                    Where does that come from?

I did a quick calc based on Exodus and I got 8,000.16 c.

(8,000.1642744204193104581202899444)

Known speeds were:
                    • 10 c.
                    • 3,652.425 c.
                    • 8,000.16 c.
                    • Whatever upgrade that came after that.

@ Ehecatl

There are three different classes, but not the ones you mentionned.

The older class.

The newer class Mark 1, and the Mark 2.

An unique model of Ha'tak, probably owned by Sokar shortly before his death and seized by Apophis, or built by Apophis.

There's Apophis' unfinished new (personnal) Ha'tak.

However, Ha'tak are often labelled as motherships, and it seems obvious that a Ha'tak can only be a capital ship.

The designs of the Al'keshes and even Osiris' yatch have some pyramid element to them, but they're small crafts.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

4 million lightyears divided by 125 years. can't be that hard to calc...

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                        4 million lightyears divided by 125 years. can't be that hard to calc...
                        Unless I made a mistake (I've done the thing while I had square eyes and it was well past midnight, which is quite far beyond my habits), I got +8000c.

Comment

Talking about super ha'taks, there's that term, hok'taur/tar, to define advanced humans (Tau'ri).

Technically, an advanced ha'tak may be labelled hok'ha'tak, and through the ages, reduced to something like hoka'tak, or hok'tak.

BUT there's also two other terms that could offer another view on this.

* Chappa'ai — Stargate

* Chappa'ko — Supergate

It would seem that "ai" relates to "star", though the original non contracted term was "rai" (tal'pac rai means falling star), and "ko" refers to super, big, important, superior.

In such terms, an super, or superior ha'tak, could be named ha'tak'ko. Eventually reduced to ha'takko or ha'tako. Assumng "ko" is not a contraction.

Regarding my previous ramblings about Anubis' ship, if "chappa" means door, or gate, then it would be irrelevant to use that term to design the ship in question.
                          However, if chappa means ring, then possibly a related term, like "chap", could be (loosily) used to define Anubis' ship.

Yet, Ris'vi he'u seems to mean close the doors. Not much chappa in that. So maybe chappa is another term for gate or door, or refers to the form of the stargate after all. Or means ring. We can't know for sure.
                          If "ha" means pyramid though, as I said earlier on, eventually, chappa'tak might be a good bet, but a term of "disc" would be better, considering the shape of the ship.

Comment

Teal'c stated at the end of season 1 that Apophis's Ha'taks each carried around 1,000 Jaffa warriors, although this might've either been an extremely lower-end figure (with the Ha'taks barely carrying anywhere close to their maximum capacity) or just a gross underestimate altogether. Afterall, Bra'tac claimed in 'Lost city' that Anubis was bringing amassing the full extent of his forces to launch a final assault on Earth, and yet in 'New Order', Oshu revealed that the 30-40+ Ha'taks which attacked Earth were but a fraction of Anubis's true military might.

Also (assuming an older-gen Ha'tak is 700 or so meters in length), as a comparison, an Imperial Star Destroyer from the Star Wars universe (which is roughly 1.6 km in length) has an average crew complement of 36,000 or so, give or take a couple of thousand. And as has been seen on several occasions when SG-1 (or the 'Other Guys') managed to sneak aboard a Ha'tak, they're quite often able to cover quite large areas without running into any Jaffa patrols.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                              Teal'c stated at the end of season 1 that Apophis's Ha'taks each carried around 1,000 Jaffa warriors, although this might've either been an extremely lower-end figure (with the Ha'taks barely carrying anywhere close to their maximum capacity) or just a gross underestimate altogether. Afterall, Bra'tac claimed in 'Lost city' that Anubis was bringing amassing the full extent of his forces to launch a final assault on Earth, and yet in 'New Order', Oshu revealed that the 30-40+ Ha'taks which attacked Earth were but a fraction of Anubis's true military might.
                              I'm not sure of that last part.
                              The episode says this:

OSHU: Anubis was over-confident, and he still needed the bulk of his armada to keep the System Lords at bay. The fleet he used to attack Earth was small compared to that which Ba’al will command should he defeat the System Lords. He will rule the galaxy. No weapons will be powerful enough to stop him.
                              Ba'al, and not Anubis, would have such a large fleet only after he will have defeated all the other System Lords.
                              This means integrating the defeat Lords' forces into his ones. Fusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X