Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    The Klingon ship didn't kill it, they simply slowed it down so that Kirk could be rescued, much like the Ent's photon torpedo slowed the entity down so Kirk, Spock, and McCoy could get back to the shuttle.
    Then what killed the Entity? I remember the entity "exploding".
    sigpic

Comment

I like V, but it could have been so much better if Paramount had let Shatner do his original idea for The Final Frontier. Plus Paramount insisted on adding humor since it worked so well for IV.

William Shatner's original storyline for the movie was largely identical to the final film, until the actual confrontation on the God planet. Instead of an alien masquerading as God, it is actually revealed that Satan was an alien. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy (the latter two actually having succumbed to Sybok's brainwashing) begin to run in different directions. Spock and McCoy are surrounded by an army of the Furies of Hell, demonic beings summoned by Satan. Kirk risks his life and goes back to save them, but McCoy has been carried back across the river Styx, into Hell. The two rescue him, and the film follows the basic outline from there on out, with the exception of the image of "God" following Kirk to the Klingon Bird-Of-Prey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Falcon View Post
        Then what killed the Entity? I remember the entity "exploding".
        The bird of prey fired at the entity and thats what killed it ithink anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

Indeed it did, The B.O.P Shot at the entity at a close range (who knows if that had any bearing on it's destruction?), the entity exploded and presumably died, I love Shatners original ending, Satan being an alien, and his demonic minions being the physical embodyment of so many stories of demons and devils.

I give the movie:

Overall: 5/10
          Story: 7/10
          Effects: 4/10
          soundtrack: 7/10.

Shame about the fact that Paramaount wanted humour incorporated in this movie, IV worked well but this movie should have been darker and travelled along it's original theme of Satan and quest for answers.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Right, but what I don't get is why Daniel Jackson said that the
            Klingon ship didn't kill the entity.
            sigpic

Comment

This and the third one I can not stand, don't ask why, but it's just blah.

Comment

I liked the third one! Although, without being sandwiched inbetween TWOK and TVH I doubt I'd like it as much.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

3 is the worst, but 5 is very close to being the worst.

its almost silly at times.

Comment

I found 5 to be the worst in the movies.....

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                    Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                    http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

i agree 5 was a bit crap but when there nothing else on tv i will still watch it
                      Wrath of khan was my fav.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eye Of Ra View Post
                        i agree 5 was a bit crap but when there nothing else on tv i will still watch it
                        Wrath of khan was my fav.
                        LOL! Me too! This one ranks on my "favorites" list as last. I have it, but never watch it and if I'm in the mood for Trek - I'll watch another one. I can't really explain why. I love the music in this movie and got the soundtrack even. Maybe the Klingons bugged me? "God" definately bugged me. Some of the lines were funny, like when Kirks sticks is index finger in the air and says "Excuse me - Why would God need a star ship?" and I liked the camping scene. I felt like I needed crackers to go with the cheesy FX in some places.

I had read or heard that the studios didn't allow Shatner to do what he really wanted to so that hurt the movie. Like him or not, he has a great imagination IMO and it would be nice to have seen his original vision. That's my two cents. It's in my collection cause it's Trek, but "Wrath of Khan" or "The Whale one" (as my neice says) or Undiscovered Country usually come out instead.
                        Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
                        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

I've found myself able to sit through this film many a time. There's enough in it to keep me interested. The scene at the camp fire in Yosemite, for example. There's also a Vulcan who has fully embraced illogical emotions. Fancy that.
                          Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 14 March 2007, 11:43 AM. Reason: removed a smiley
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                          X