This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trust

Hi there everyone, this is my first thread so please be kind! I am a huge Gate fan and have been for many years! I probably could spew trivia like a veteran, but that is just the geek in me! Anyway, I am from Michael Shanks hometown of Kamloops and the main FX guy for the program is a grad of my University in Town too! So I have a deep passion for this show!

Well enough with the intro! I wanted to start a thread that dealt with the issues of the TRUST from SG 8x07 Affinity and what my theory is about it. Since that thread is a major "Black Widow" thread (huh huh, see I got the lingo down, LOL ) I thought that a fresh thread would do this issue justice. If I address some of the issues that were brought up in that thread, then I apologize, but 20 pages of posts is too much to get through in a couple of sittings!

First, We are still under the assumption that it is an NID Earth based thing, but I think that that is a little too narrow.

1. My first theory is that it is a covert operation that Baul is doing to acquire info on Ancient technology. I mean it wouldn't be that hard with Anibus' tech. knowledge from Thor and Jonas Quinn's knowledge if Earth would make it pretty easy to accomplish this on there own. Plus it would explain the Transport device at the end of Affinity.

2. But a variation on that theory is that Baul is working on in conjunction with a Kabal of ex-rogue NID and shady businessmen. In order to not just exploit alien tech. but to take over the Earth itself!

3. This one is a good one combine theory one and two with this one. What if Baul has found the planet that Maybourne is on and has used him to find out the contact and stuff from the NID. And Maybe, just maybe he is a host to a minor Gou'ld that is in the service of Baul. Or knowing Maybourne, is doing it for the sheer power and glory! This is my fav. theories!

4. The Kabal of the Trust is actually an Earth based organization that has acquired tech. lost in the battle over Antartica and found by them from one of Anibus' downed ships and they are indeed trying to exploit the SGC for their own purposes.

These are all just theories right now and I hope that it may give new life into this storyline (who know maybe the writer's visit here and steal idea, I would be fine with that! ). While I appreciate feedback, please no flaming!

Later
    canuck49
    Ps- I saw a term in relation to the Jack/ Sam relationship and I was confused by it. shipper What does it mean?
    Last edited by canuck49; 05 September 2004, 12:19 PM.
    A bug! Oh Reese, you and your toys.

Welcome
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Shippers are people who want Jack and Sam to get together. :|

Comment

Shipper comes from "relationship" and while the most predominate Shipper in this fandom is a Sam & Jack Shipper, all the other pairings are in effect shipper also
        sigpic

Comment

if i remember right the ring transporter first appeard on earth in nightwalkers i could be wrong

Comment

Wow that is a long post and i'm really to tired to read it all so for now i will say welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rabbit
              Wow that is a long post and i'm really to tired to read it all so for now i will say welcome.
              Same here...er...ditto!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I I knew i won't be the only one saying welcom
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

For a huge gate-fan, you don't seem to know how to spell "Baal".

I would be very surprised if Baal was involved in the Trust.
                  Secret LUELinks Agent!
                  …………………………………………………. __ . __
                  ……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„
                  ………………………………………………../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_
                  ………………„~*¯¯`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-,
                  ……………../ : •: (“,.~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\
                  ………….....| : • :,/`,-*~;~••-„,/ (‘` ``)/• ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \
                  …………….| : • / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` • • ): : : : : : : : : : : |
                  ……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `¯ . . •`), . ,-~`.. \ : : :| • • '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/
                  ……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ • • • • `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘
                  ……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, • • • • • • ¯”~---,--`
                  …„„………__\, • ‘, • . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ • • • • • • • • „-“
                  .( :•`\,-~*`¯ • • •`¯` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | • • • ,---~*”`
                  . \•:••:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯¯¯¯/ / • • • • • ‘\,) , / : :| • • • •\
                  …`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( • • • ,.__| | • • • •, `\„„/ ,/`: : / • • • • •|

Comment

Working...
                  X