Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prison Break Discussion/Appreciation

from TVGuide.com

Anybody here watched Prison Break last night on FOX ???

All I can say is WOW!, it's the best I've seen since the series premiere of 24. I think FOX choose a good batch with it and WENTWORTH MILLER could pull it off eventhough he's sort of newface (luckily Joan of Arcadia got cancelled, otherwise he sure will ditch her unceremoniously). Dominic Purcell ain't bad either, but IMO he's rather stiff there, probably because his death in a month looming close.

The story is complicated enough to be stretched for one season & the introducing of character is good but I really can't imagine their life should they succeeded to break-free from that prison.

But either way, I'm waiting eagerly for next week... will he save his toe or not ?
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Ah!! That show was freaking awesome!! The tatoos with the blue prints?!?!? I was in awe of that!! I feel the toe is gone. It was a rather gruesome show! I dug it!!

Can't wait til next week!!!
    Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
      Ah!! That show was freaking awesome!! The tatoos with the blue prints?!?!? I was in awe of that!! I feel the toe is gone. It was a rather gruesome show! I dug it!!

Can't wait til next week!!!
      Yeah, I think the toe's gone too, otherwise he wouldn't lay flat on his back at the clinic, *darn that teaser! * and Abruzzi wouldn't complain that Michael won't give-up. And funny is Sucre ? he's the laughable part of otherwise very dark story..
      sigpic
      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

the finalle sucked

not because it (***spoilers****)

left us hanging, but becasue it was a bad episode story wise. anyone agree?
        MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
        I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Hey just wondering if there are any fellow fans of the brilliant new show prision break . It premiered in sydney last week to wide acclaim

Comment

Good show. So far the only show I've watched more "evil" in terms of keeping viewers in suspense week to week than Lost.

One interesting thing I heard on the radio not too long ago: one of the actresses (not sure which) was on ManCow's show and commented that growing up in Chicago the only thing she was sure she wanted in life was to not end up in Joliet...

Comment

Great show!, I didnt watch it initially, but after Tivo'n a marathon of episodes from the premiere to current timeline I got hooked!.

It takes place in Fox River penitentiary in New Jersey.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

No it takes place in a fictional prison in Joliet, Illinois. The actual prison was simply called Joliet Prison (one of FOUR in that city...and people wonder why the rest of Illinois thinks Joliet is a hole) and was closed in 2002. For two years it was still used as a holding center for state and federal prisoners heading for other max and supermax prisons. Currently Statesville Prison is where all the really bad folk in the state are sent to.

Comment

Google Prison Break and read the Bio about the show and the storyline, It takes place at fictional prison in New Jersey called Fox Rivers.

The scenes of the prison they show could be Joliet prison in Illinois.

Comment

Whatever link you found that states the show is based in Jersey is simply wrong. In the very first episode it is clearly stated that Scoffield is being sent to a state penitentary near his home town of Chicago. The scenes of the prison are filmed in Joliet Prison (in fact many scenes are filmed in John Gacey's old cell) and Fox River (a river in Illinois, btw) State Penitentiary is set in Joliet, Illinois.

The show is not set in New Jersey. Awesome show nonetheless. Bugs me that we have to wait until March for new episodes...and I'm still wondering how the show can last more than a single season.

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
                      Whatever link you found that states the show is based in Jersey is simply wrong. In the very first episode it is clearly stated that Scoffield is being sent to a state penitentary near his home town of Chicago. The scenes of the prison are filmed in Joliet Prison (in fact many scenes are filmed in John Gacey's old cell) and Fox River (a river in Illinois, btw) State Penitentiary is set in Joliet, Illinois.

The show is not set in New Jersey. Awesome show nonetheless. Bugs me that we have to wait until March for new episodes...and I'm still wondering how the show can last more than a single season.

Understood ..... do you think they will get out this season FMonk?. I did'nt read the spoilers but I got a feeling that the brother will get a stay of his execution and they will keep them in rpison till next season?....any thoughts, and please don't quote any spoilers, I don't want to know other than theories, Thanx!
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                        Understood ..... do you think they will get out this season FMonk?. I did'nt read the spoilers but I got a feeling that the brother will get a stay of his execution and they will keep them in rpison till next season?....any thoughts, and please don't quote any spoilers, I don't want to know other than theories, Thanx!
                        This is the one show that I won't read spoilers about. I'm thinking your idea may be the most likely scenario but this show has thrown some wacky surprises at us so far. Either way I'm sure they're gonna drag it out as long as humanly possible.

The most intruiging thing about the show's impact I've noticed is that when the episode which included Scoffield's psychologist aired and his "low latent inhibition" was mentioned I noticed a surge of people on forums claiming "that explains me! I must have that!". I just thought it was hilarious that so many people fans of this show just happened to have this extremely rare mental disorder (because in reality LLI usually results in severe autism) but it took a TV show to realize it.

Comment

I just got done watching the mid-season premiere and WOW...just wow!
                          If you've never watched it, here is the website: http://www.fox.com/prisonbreak/

This has got to be one of the best series' on television! I'm so entralled with this show and I can't even explain! Did anyone else watch this week's episode "The Rat?" Wentworth Miller's performance blew me away as always, and Dominic Purcell was so moving in the scene when he was saying goodbye to LJ. It was simple and short, but Linc conveyed so much with just a look...wow.

I also love how Michael's relationship with Fernando is developing. I thought it was great how supportive/protective Sucre was of Michael. He's a really great person and one of my favorite characters now.

Here is what I think will happen in the next episode:
                          Spoiler:
                          I have a feeling that Fernando is going to risk going through the hole behind the sink and plant another rat to disable the chair. It would put a great twist on the issue with Bellick because he'd obviously assume Michael was responsible, but he couldn't mention it without admitting that the fuse was blown earlier and he covered it up. Plus the fact that Michael was with Linc the whole time might throw Bellick off his tracks. I think this would totally change Sucre and Michael's relationship, as well, and the perception that everyone in prison is selfish and "bad."
                          Such a great show!
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think Prison Break is an Awesome show!
                            My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spell_Daemon
                              I think Prison Break is an Awesome show!
                              Isn't it, though?!

I really want to talk about it on GateWorld, but it looks like we're the only one's that watch it here.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X