This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite period of SG universe

I was wondering which period of SG you people like the most, i think it could be divided to;

SG-1 seasons1-5 GOA'ULD Apophis, and a lil Anubis
    SG-1 seasons 6-7 Jonas, Daniel dies then returns
    SG-1 season 8 Jack in charge
    SG-1 seasons 9-10 ORI, Cam and Vala
    SGA season 1 Cut-off from Earth
    SGA seasons 2-3 I don't know how to describe it; Daedalus, ZPM(s)

There could be a poll, if the mods agree, if not just write it, or if you'd divide it otherwise, i'm fine with that.

My fav was, i think sg-1 seasons 6-7, but It's though to pick one of these.
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
    "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    ...George W. Bush

1-5 and 8. Not that I don't like Jonas - I love the li'l guy - but things were getting awesome around seasons 4-5. And as much as I missed having Hammond around, having Jack in charge was one of the coolest things ever.
    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

1# 8 with the defeat of Replicators and Anubis
      2# 7 with Lost city
      3# 10 with Flesh and Blood
      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
      new enemy of the Ori
      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I am seriously enjoying 9-10, season 10 has really re-energized the show. The most recent two eps, Quest 2 and Line in the sand were outstanding IMO

Comment

Defenatly 1-5 then 2-3 of atlantis then 9-10 sg1 then 8 sg1 then 1 atlantis and finaly 6-7 love season 7 but i would say season 6 is my worse season but i still love it
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Season 8 had a lot going for it what with Jack being in charge, and Daniel came back in season 7. Actually, that's the best thing. Not in terms of episodes, just what's going on overall, those two seasons have my vote. Of course, if I have to choose just one, then it's the latter.

Comment

Seasons 6 & 7 = epic stuff.

Comment

Seasons 1-5 were the best IMO
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well my favourate period was the Anubis saga as i call it, basicly end of S5, S6 and S7..With Jonas, Daniel, anubis, Nauqadriah, Promethius, the ancients, Ascension, kull warriors, return of the abydonians...It was just a great period for stargate and i know Jonas was unpopular but it was so nice when we did see daniel that it made us apprechiate what a great unit the orgional team were, and Jonas wasnt bad, he was a mix up, but one that worked and..i just love that period, some of my favourate bits of stargate have came out of that period so yeah the "anubis saga" gets my vote. Plus it has the lost city and full circle, which are two of the best Season finales weve ever had...
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

1-5 , and 8.

Comment

hmm I an't really decide, I love them all ,1-10. Though I can watch all the episodes of season 4 and 5 and never get bored, so I'll go for that era.

Comment

6 definetly...not that I hated Daniel but they really seemed to pull together more as a team after he died... and Ten is good so far....

Comment

Season 6.

The show had done something very.. dare I say dangerous... by killing off not only a main character, but one of the two original main characters. It also not only a season of character changes, but it was also a season where the show evolved and things within the show evolved.

The governments of Earth were learning about the SGC. We had our first deep space ship. The most dangerous enemy to date had evolved into a new dangerous form and could probe our minds. Jackson had evolved. We were seeing the emergence of perhaps the only real enemy that could never stopped who had also evolved, which just came with lots of possibilities and danger considering the knowledge he had and even the Jaffa were given their chance at really being free of symbiotes with Tritonin and the Ancients were given a very pretty face and

It's because of this I think that season 6 is the best, because it wasn't just about good episodes or characters changing, but it introduced plots, characters and other elements which have been revised, updated and expanded upon and it's complete redefined the show.

sigpic

Comment

1. Seasons 1-8 of SG1. We had our original team.

2. Season 3 of SGA. Same reason as 2.

3. Seasons 1-2 f SGA. Good but not as good as the above.

4. Season 10 of SG1 - better than season 9 but not great.

5. Season 9 of SG1. More or less rubbish with the odd good episode scattered here and there. Probably the reason for the eventual cancellation IMO.
                            Last edited by Nikki; 28 March 2008, 08:32 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

SG-1 seasons1-5 GOA'ULD Apophis, and a lil Anubis- 9/10- Original and still great

SG-1 seasons 6-7 Jonas, Daniel dies then returns- 9/10- It changed SG1 forever, introduced the Human Replicators, Prommie, 302s, Jonas (properly), Ba'al (properly), Atlantis (well sort of), etc...

SG-1 season 8 Jack in charge- 10/10- second favourite season, Jack in charge was great!

SG-1 seasons 9-10 ORI, Cam and Vala- Well while I wasn't too impressed with some of S9, S10 is BRILLIANT, especially the second half. 11/10
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X