This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Joseph Mallozzi blog thread

First of all, for all the {Mod Snip} who got upset, may you please consider not posting in this thread, because its boring and you can all spam your lemming {Mod Snip} elsewhere.

Second of all - Joe - CHAMPION call, top effort, I cracked myself up laughing.

Top quality It would seem that PARTS of Fandom (unfortunately, the vastly more annoying and vocal parts) take themselves far too seriously and missed out on the delicious irony of their actions.

I want to congratulate also on your follow up, some wisdom, which is surely wasted on such mentally challenged individuals such as those who got to upset and are somehow unable to comprehend simple things:

To spell it out for you: individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst. And those who chime in with them fare not much better.
    Satire for the win - fans that require everything be dumb'd down to the lowest common denominator for the LOSE.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 January 2007, 03:06 PM. Reason: be very careful there can be a fine line between sarcasm and attack

i cant imagine this thread getting alot of postives for JM

Comment

Totally agreed. He was obviously spot on in the characterisation of some in the fandom.

His blog targeted those vocal few who leap to conclusions without considering what is known as fact and what is simply rumour and then proceed to point fingers based on the rumours. He made no mention that we should know the whys... only that we should acknowledge that we don't.

The assumption of the vocal few that he was making fun of fans who criticise or implying that we should know facts proves his point quite adequately.
      Visit these links:
      Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
      ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
      There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
      ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I think fandom on GW often is just what he said. Although I am yet to be totally convinced it was even "us" he was referring to but I guess some have massive ego's they just assume it was.

I have always enjoyed Joe's take no prisoners attitude, and if he can't say what the frak he likes in his own blog then where? I know a lot of the GW lemming crowd are saying what the frak they like about Joe on their blogs.

Pot calling the kettle.

I think GW will be left with a lot of people who *say* they no longer watch Stargate... but oh they will still post on GW just to, um...er I dont' know why would you still post here if you are not watching the show?

No not a lemming but not willing to join the sheep either.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          Well I think fandom on GW often is just what he said. Although I am yet to be totally convinced it was even "us" he was referring to but I guess some have massive ego's they just assume it was.
          That's a good point - if you aren't acting like rabid loonies then why would GW people think that he is referring to them? (p.s thats rhetoric, please don't try and answer)

I note that he did not say "everyone who is a fan of my show is an idiot" or anything like that

Comment

Word up to the big Joe Mallozzi. It's rather amusing how all the haters of his comment are just proving his point. I got a big laugh out the lemming comment, as it was exactly the way things happen (he's a pretty shrewd fella) and plus Lemmings is a cool game.

Comment

Really, I don't see what all the EMO is about with this. THE MOST negativity you could read from JM's so-called "insulting" blog entry is that he's tired of all the whining, the complaining, and the needless bashing some individuals are directing at anybody and everybody, including him, in an effort to get their cause noticed by TPTB.

When will people finally come to understand that name-calling, insults, and rash judgements will get you nowhere?

You want them to hear your words? You want them to bring back Torri and/or Paul? Send politely-worded letters or messages, and get down on your knees and beg. Plead with them. Brown-nose them, if you have to. And for goodness' sake, be nice! Insults and anger directed at the wrong people will just make TPTB want to ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                Really, I don't see what all the EMO is about with this.
                I am seriously wondering that myself, it isn't like the man has never insulted fandom before, and he does it so well.

I think the real problem is that he has screened the comments this time to his blog entries. (that must be hurting some people just itching to slam him with their intelligent reactions )

Smart man.

Comment

I've read his blog. Am I being thick, because I don't think he was even addressing the SG fans was he, from what I can see he was taking about Boston Legal, unless I'm missreading something. I don't see a problem with him having a pop at the 'Shrill' weepers and wailers, they are giving the rest of the fans a bad name.
                  Originally posted by lillgreen
                  i cant imagine this thread getting alot of postives for JM
                  here we go, handbags at dawn

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the wording of the initial post, but I'm supportive of the title of the thread! I'm not saying Joe couldn't have said things in a more gentle or less provocative manner, but I think if people were talking about me and my colleagues the way we talk about the people behind Stargate, I might blow a gasket too. It's got to be very frustrating to see things from a different POV, not be able to talk publicly about what's really going on, and then read some of the outrageous speculation that goes on. I think it would be hard to take.

Comment

When I first saw the Lemming thread I thought it was a joke. I got a little angry and posted a couple of heated (yet not totally inappropriate) replies. Yeah, I've lost a lot of rep points. The rationale of some of these people blow my mind though!!

{Mod Snip}

he was referring to those at Gateworld who are doing the things he was referring to... not EVERYONE. It would make no sense to alienate the entire fanbase. I also got chewed out for complaining on that thread, and "if I don't like it, don't read it." {Mod Snip} It didn't say in the thread title "Anti-Joe ONLY" in the fashion of anti- and pro-season threads.

I dunno, {Mod Snip}it's disheartening that there are so many. I see so many Lemmings... but where are the fans?

And I lost all of that dang reputation.

{Mod Snip}

...who is whining?

Sometimes people will turn things around and complete be blind to their own double-standards to feel justified.
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 January 2007, 08:18 PM. Reason: personal disputes need to be in PM not on the public Forum

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I'm not overly happy about what JM wrote in his blog, however, it should be noted that the Lemming thread is all about poking a bit of fun at the whole situation. Yes, a few are taking it seriously, but by and large, most folks do not. Joe is a master at stirring the pot of fandom...he's done it before and I daresay he will again. That said, he writes a good blog, IF you take it with a hefty pinch of salt.

ps - TheInnkeeper - check your rep points.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                          I'm not sure I understand the wording of the initial post, but I'm supportive of the title of the thread! I'm not saying Joe couldn't have said things in a more gentle or less provocative manner, but I think if people were talking about me and my colleagues the way we talk about the people behind Stargate, I might blow a gasket too. It's got to be very frustrating to see things from a different POV, not be able to talk publicly about what's really going on, and then read some of the outrageous speculation that goes on. I think it would be hard to take.
                          I agree with you there, I am sure if he could say anything he would actually be fairly forthcoming, but I also don't see why he or the other powers that be should be forthcoming.

I am a fan on-line I make up a very small part of the viewers (in my case not even a countable viewer as I live outside of the US) why should I think just because I am maybe *maybe* more visible to TPTB that they owe me something? What a cheek, you author a book it sells but then do you owe the buyers of said book anything? No. If *if* they choose to not buy your next book, then you may re-think things but at the end of the day you as an author owe them nothing. There is no contract written or unwritten. (personally I think some of the best authors hold their readers at arms length write what they want to write and be dammed )

Even Joss Whedon with all his candor was only really frank after FOX cancelled Firefly... you know after the fact when he said more or less he would never work with them again.

I know from a previous interview with Joe that he was angry with SciFi for cancelling SG-1 the way they did, he is not without understanding, in fact his post to me tells me he does understand *he has been there* but some fans seem to think he is in some kind of relationship with them where he gives up the facts and fans *swear* in return to never watch his show again.

I mean at this point I seriously doubt any explanation Joe or the other PTB could give some "fans" would be adequate... it is getting nasty out there, and common sense is suffering big time.

Re: The Lemming Thread... I don't really care if it is in jest I know fandom on GW there will be those who are over-reacting *red-repping being a small part of it* as I said it is getting nasty out there.

Comment

Since the topic of discussion on THIS thread is supposed to be positive commenting on Joe's Blog....how about the posts begin to reflect that and not comments about other members, other threads or their opinions. Since anyone trying to defend themselves here would be considered Off Topic.

Lets remember that here at GW we do have the *Respect your Fellow Member Rule*

Thank you
                            TameFarrar
                            GateWorld Moderator
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It's a little unnerving really. Most fandoms that I am or have been active in have groupings or "flocks" that blindly accept everything about the show as good without question. Certain parts of the 'gate fandom seem to be the opposite. It's considered bad to like the show somehow. I don't mind the disagreements, in fact I have been saying in various places for a long time that I wish they'd figure out what to do with Teyla, but some places on the net (and even sometimes GW) are unwilling to look at things even remotely objectively.

I won't miss Carson, but I have a feeling that those that will are mad about the fact and have nowhere to legitimately place blame, so they are placing blame where they can. Unfortunately some take it too far.

I just hope that the people at sci-fi and mgm realise that a couple of people sending them letters about how horrible Joe is for having an opinion about what amounts to very little of even the online fans do not speak for the majority of people.

Any pro lemming people: please post or send me a message about why you seem to be assuming that his remarks apply to you. As an analogy, his posts have seemed to be akin to shaking his head at people who paint their stomachs and go shirtless in cool hockey arenas.... not an attack on hockey fans or those that go to games or those that buy jerseys etc. {Mod Snip}

In any case, JMs remarks have been less snarky than most of what is posted in blogs and communities by fans of pretty much every TV show. He could have done with borrowing some Monty Python lines. Then the whole internet would explode
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 17 January 2007, 08:13 PM. Reason: asking for Off topic posts
                              Visit these links:
                              Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF --- Oxfam
                              ______________________________________________________________________________

In the democracy of the dead all men at last are equal.
                              There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.
                              ~John James Ingalls

Geek Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X