Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemming Thread (spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemming Thread (spoilers!)

Only PRO lemmings!

Pic is courtesy of Kami. =D Thanks bunches!

This is a place for shrill, ill-informed lemmings to gather and share their twisted views. What are we poor creatures to know if the higher beings don't tell us what their reasoning is? But oh, of course it's not their fault, it's ours. We just can't stop screaming, can we!

In case you don't know what I'm refering to: http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/
    I guess I have to admit to being a lemming, then.

Anyway. Here a list of things I am obviously ill-informed about because I don't understand them:

-Carson's death (tied with the appearance of the new doc)
    -Elizabeth cut to recurring
    -Carter coming over for 14 episodes

Let's be shrill!

Disclaimer: Of course Mr. Mallozzi can say in his own blog whatever he wants. And so do we on here, minus off-topicness and cursing, of course. =) PLEASE NO PERSONAL INSULTS ABOUT JOE!

THE LEMMING CLUB MEMBER LIST (Click here!)

If you want to be listed as a member, please say so in in a post! =)

Lemming Club Membership Cards can be found on HERE!
    You can choose a Lemming Class HERE.
    Last edited by leelakin; 19 January 2007, 12:41 PM.
    sigpic

I know that's his blog and he can say whatever he wants, but he doesn't have to insult fandom so viciously. Makes me want to stop watching the show now that I know what he thinks of the people who keep him in his job.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

How about Mr. Mallozzi informing us of the reasons these three things are happening! Well, anyone of tptb for that matter.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Hi guys.What does the term "lemming" mean?I really don't understand
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

While i'm not a huge Becket fan, i was still a fan, and as such i believe that i can remain rational and objective on the goings on down Atlantis way. However, that gentlemen's blog is absolutely outrageous. He really has no right to attack the fans who are demanding answers and campaigning for the character.

There’s something strangely comforting and delusively empowering about chiming in with an anonymous mob, albeit one that lacks any true insight into the reality of a situation.
          What a silly, silly comment to make.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            Dictionary.com says this:

"The act of following the crowd into an investment that will inevitably head for disaster."

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemming - little furry critters, which, apparently undeservedly, have a reputation for flinging themselves off cliffs without thinking about the potentional danger in doing so.
              Atlantis : Revolutions - an AU "Stargate: Atlantis" RPG

Comment

Have you read the part in his blog? (link is above) Basically, he implies that any fan getting upset over a change (specifically cast changes) is a shrill, ill-informed lemming that likes to protest in an anonymous mob, how comfortable.
                A lemming is an animal, a social one. *rolls eyes* It's basically a metaphor for fans gathering and taking up one opinion without thinking about it.

We've been thinking about it A LOT, more like.
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'd rather be a lemming than a [mod snip]. :-) Guess he'll have to earn his money frome someone else because I'm not going to support them any longer. If they (yes omg the stupid lemming is generalising) don't care about the audience or quality of the show and feel they have the right to insult the people who pay for their rent, fine. Then I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa

What they need to do is come clean about what they mean by "some time" and what they also mean by "recurring". And whether or not she'll get back to fulltime status after they've finished playing with their favourite toy, Sam Carter.
                      I think that "some time" for Liz means as much as "a few" for Carter, just the opposite. And "recurring" was also Carson when the first rumors came out and they said he will disappear. Oh, but I guess they mean Ford!recurring.

Way to go.

Comment

Feel free to go and say whatever you like about Joe on his site, but here we have rules about not making negative personal remarks about real people. Please remember this when talking about Joe's comments.

Otherwise it is OK to discuss the contents of Joe's blog as you would comment on anything any of the other show runner's might say in a printed medium, such as a news story. Just don't cross the line on the respect rule. Thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kami View Post
                          *dies*

Comment

Count me in as a shrill and ill-informed lemming!

No CARSON
                            NO WEIR
                            NO ATLANTIS
                            Last edited by Suzotchka; 16 January 2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                              Feel free to go and say whatever you like about Joe on his site, but here we have rules about not making negative personal remarks about real people. Please remember this when talking about Joe's comments.

Otherwise it is OK to discuss the contents of Joe's blog as you would comment on anything any of the other show runner's might say in a printed medium, such as a news story. Just don't cross the line on the respect rule. Thanks.
                              Thanks for that =) *also added it to the disclaimer*
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X