This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baal the spin off series

Ok getting abit buffy the vampire slayerish here but this came up as a joke with my freind and after disscussing we thought it would work quite well

The spin off show would obviousely all be about baal but this does open up alot of opportunitys, for example they could bring cast in from the other shows every few eps if they wanted to (this would help sg1 live on in a way) and could also bring in past heroes and enermies whilst at the same time getting rid of some of the naffer parts of the show

Hopefully with him being a goa uld and all this would also allow them to produce more of a ........ darker show so to speak show

so what do any of you think, would you watch this?

Sounds even worse than Torchwood
    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

sg1 can live on with Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by crompton20 View Post
        Ok getting abit buffy the vampire slayerish here but this came up as a joke with my freind and after disscussing we thought it would work quite well

The spin off show would obviousely all be about baal but this does open up alot of opportunitys, for example they could bring cast in from the other shows every few eps if they wanted to (this would help sg1 live on in a way) and could also bring in past heroes and enermies whilst at the same time getting rid of some of the naffer parts of the show

Hopefully with him being a goa uld and all this would also allow them to produce more of a ........ darker show so to speak show

so what do any of you think, would you watch this?

Ba'al is one of the worst bad guys in the SG-1 series... so no. Not so much.

TPTB try to give him a bit of comic relief aspects, try and make him clever and imposing... but he's so completely devoid of anything interesting, witty or clever. The Quest pretty much shows this.

Comment

I would love to see a Ba'al spin off show... if it were a SITCOM!

It could be like Friends, except you've got Ba'al and his clones living together in a loft in Seattle or something. Now THAT I would watch.

Comment

Cliff Simon is a wonderful actor. He makes a great bad guy. I think he'd be awesome in a new series. Just because the writers haven't done him justice, doesn't mean he won't do a great job on a new series with a different plot and different actors.

I hope that Brad Wright and Robert Cooper see him for the wonderful character he can be and put him in as a regular on the next series.
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

He was good in Abyss, but after that zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Quest was the final straw. Not only was he dumb, but he pretty much had nothing to do except intimidate Carter in what was a very cringe-worthy scene.

All imo.

Comment

Not a fan of what they're doing with Ba'al, sometimes he's okay, but mostly he's just being used as little more than filler.
                I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                  Not a fan of what they're doing with Ba'al, sometimes he's okay, but mostly he's just being used as little more than filler.
                  Exactly.

Comment

I would watch a spin off series. Totally agree that loads could be done with the character. Baal has always been the mystery, could never predict his moves and his motives are never clear cut.

Yes, I think plenty of scope. He would make for a very interesting 'Angel' type figure. 'Goau'ld with a soul' LOL!

Comment

They should make a fashion show hosted by Baal and his clones as a spin off

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
                        Project Goa'uld?

Comment

Goa'uld Eye for the SG Guy?

Comment

Check out: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=39148&page=2

Head down to nearly the bottom of the thread. I put in a screen cap and caption with the same idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                              Goa'uld Eye for the SG Guy?
                              LOL Very good, I laughed at that.

Seriously, though. Cliff Simon showed what he is capable of in Abyss. With the right material, he'd be an awesome character in any future Stargate series.

Comment

Working...
                              X