This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Francis GO AWAY!

I am in North Georgia and thier saying it is going to go over us and last time one like this went over us even though we are no where near the ocean it did cause damage and out power was out for 3 days.

Plus I just hope everyone is safe thru its path. GOD BLESS
    Last edited by Faith; 05 September 2004, 06:44 AM.
    My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

though it does suck for everyone who lives around there, i'm getting quite a kick out of watching those reporters out there covering it. especially Bill Hemmer from CNN. they're all out there in their rain coats and almost getting pushed over by the wind. it's funny.

but i hope that no one gets hurt or anything around there.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

America get's the Tornado's bad but in the UK we get the left over bad weather which is really depressing. All the rain and wind and boredom. I feel sorry for all those people evacuating though, it must be hard. I hope no one get's hurt.

Comment

I love having the left overs, i like storms and heavy rain, its so relaxing.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

These reporters not sure how they do it, I would be so scared.

My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

last night around 10:30 pm i turned the channel to CNN and this reporter out there talking and this old fat guy with no shirt was holding a gun and was saying, 'i will protect my property'.

and the poor reporters go out there in the wind to show people what not to do lol. this one reporter was holding onto a railing because she was really small and in the background you can see a couple people out close by the water almost falling over.

i don't know the guys last name just his first name Sean he's for CNN and hanging around in West Palm Beach. he was there all day yesterday, and all day today just outside in the wind and rain. feel kind of sorry for him.

but Bill Hemmer for CNN is just funny. he was being so redundent this morning. he's just always like that.

and there was another reporter went out to 'do his reporterly thing' and almost got blown away by the wind. the camera man Mike fell down onto the pavement. but he's okay.

and another reporter got 'hit by deris' but recovered. didn't say what she got hit with. probably a leaf or something lol. nah, just joking.

you gotta be brave to be a reporter, and going into situations like that, that's how they earn their promotions and awards lol.

Comment

I'm hoping all are ok.I see Frances is really giving Georgia & surrounding states a drenching.I'm up in northern Kentucky & we're getting some of the outer cloud bank now.
              My brother lives in Florida[Tampa] & I hadn't talked with him for awhile.I tried to get hold of him when Charley showed up but he nolonger had the phone # I'd had for him.I couldn't find a new listing or anything & I was getting pretty scared.
              i eventually found a slip of paper from a few years back that had a cell phone # on it.I tried it & it was his.He said he'd called & my youngest answered but he thought he was atelemarketer up to something[my brother has only been around my kids once as neither of us can afford to do much traveling.
              nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

[QUOTE=they're all out there in their rain coats and almost getting pushed over by the wind. it's funny.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, a friend of mine noticed while watching footage on Saturday and there was a reporter acting like the wind was practically knocking him down, but there was a bystander not 2 feet from him who was standing straight with no problems. Now we're convinced it's just a lot of show.

Comment

Er, someone gave me bad rep again for my previous post, why? Think about what I type? I didn’t say I like hurricanes that kill loads of people, I was simply stating I happen to find storm relaxing.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

There was a new Royal Canadian Air Farce on tonight and they had to poke fun at the hurricanes.

"First Hurricane Charlie, then Hurricane Frances, Ivan, Jeanne. And now Hurricane Holy ****."

Then they went onto this guy out in Florida holding onto a tree (sideways cause it's really windy).

And the woman asks, "Are you feeling any effects of this hurricane yet? What category is this hurricane? A 3, or 4, or maybe a 5. I heard those things are pretty bad."

The guy yells back, "CATEGORY GET ME THE HECK OUT OF HERE!!" and then his hands slip and he flys away.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
                      I am in North Georgia and thier saying it is going to go over us and last time one like this went over us even though we are no where near the ocean it did cause damage and out power was out for 3 days.

Plus I just hope everyone is safe thru its path. GOD BLESS
                      good luck

Comment

if you think that's bad try being up here in Buffalo in the middle of winter

though we kinda got spoiled this year in that regard

Comment

We did have an easy winter.

Comment

Working...
                          X