This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis can move...

The city Atlantis is a spaceship, we know that It also can move from teh bottom to the top of the water, we saw that.

We also know it takes some time to get from Atlantis to the mainland, we also can assume that the Athosians living on packed bags because they evakuate every other week and it probably takes soem time to bring them all into the small jumbers to fly back. Just a thought here, but why don't they move Atlantis to the mainland? The Athosians could walk into Atlantis (or if teh Atlantians need some fresh air go for a walk to the mainalnd) Or even if they wouldn't anchoring Atlantis to the mainland because of some waterstreaming or no possibility for it they could make the 20 minutes trip a 3 minutes one!

Besides they could make test flights above land and they wouldn't sink on the ground of the ocean. Plus if Atlantis cloak the Wraith wouldn't know where to find it, they had to bombard the whole planet to find it (and teh cloak could be extended to the city as well as maybe the shields.

I actually wait for the moving since we discovered the mainland in Season 1 but that didn't happen and I still have no idea why they wouldn't. not a clue. :help:
    Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
    Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
    If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
    "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

They don't have enough ZPM power and likely the know-how to do so.
    I think the Athosians like the protection Atlantis offers when needed but like their own lives and own culture just the way it is.

Comment

Season 3 spoilers for the Athosians
      Spoiler:
      The Athosians were relocated by the Alterans in the return I think

Comment

I assume you havent seen The Return Part 2? If you had you would know why they wont be taking off anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian View Post
          I assume you havent seen The Return Part 2? If you had you would know why they wont be taking off anytime soon.
          I have seen it but I can't recall what you mean

Originally posted by PegasusPrincess View Post
          They don't have enough ZPM power and likely the know-how to do so.
          I think the Athosians like the protection Atlantis offers when needed but like their own lives and own culture just the way it is.
          They had/have ZPMs and imo they wouldn't need to take off, Atlantis can swim. And it's not that it would cost that much power, maybe they could even use naquada generators (or a giant sail )

Well it doesn't seem that teh setlement is on the coast and Atlantis is big, so it wouldn't be a disturbing imho

@B O Y S C O U T
          Spoiler:
          I think they went back, otherwise Teyla would be a really bad leader to be on annotehr world
          Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
          "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Spoiler:

Beckett slammed 3 drones into the stardrive and I doubt the Asurans had the time to fix it before they got disintegrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Orovingwen View Post
              The city Atlantis is a spaceship, we know that It also can move from teh bottom to the top of the water, we saw that.
              Because it floated up after the clamps were released.

why don't they move Atlantis to the mainland?
              Because we would need three ZPM's, and it would drain them greatly. Plus there would be no point.

if teh Atlantians need some fresh air go for a walk to the mainalnd.
              they're in the middle of an ocean. The air cant get any better.

anchoring Atlantis to the mainland because of some waterstreaming or no possibility for it they could make the 20 minutes trip a 3 minutes one!
              Three words; WASTE OF POWER!!

Besides they could make test flights above land and they wouldn't sink on the ground of the ocean. Plus if Atlantis cloak the Wraith wouldn't know where to find it, they had to bombard the whole planet to find it (and teh cloak could be extended to the city as well as maybe the shields.
              You must think we have an unlimited supply of ZPM's.

I actually wait for the moving since we discovered the mainland in Season 1 but that didn't happen and I still have no idea why they wouldn't. not a clue. :help:
              WASTE OF POWER WASTE OF POWER WASTE OF POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by .jolinar.; 04 March 2007, 10:05 AM.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Wait for 'First Strike' to air, then you'll be changing your mind about that statement!

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                  Wait for 'First Strike' to air, then you'll be changing your mind about that statement!
                  If you are saying they might fly Atlantis around and actually counter attack the Asurans, that sounds absolutely fantastic!

You know what I always wondered though, true Atlantis is out in the ocean they have the fresh air of the sea breeze, plus the sound of the ocean lulling them to sleep at night. However, why is the water so cold?

It has been mentioned more than once that the water was freezing, well not warm at least. We saw them mention how cold the water was after Ford was retrieved from it with the wraith attached to him in The Seige 3. I think O'neil also mentioned the water was a bit cold in The Return 2 but he wasn't actually outside of the city only in the flooded areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                    You know what I always wondered though, true Atlantis is out in the ocean they have the fresh air of the sea breeze, plus the sound of the ocean lulling them to sleep at night. However, why is the water so cold?

It has been mentioned more than once that the water was freezing, well not warm at least. We saw them mention how cold the water was after Ford was retrieved from it with the wraith attached to him in The Seige 3. I think O'neil also mentioned the water was a bit cold in The Return 2 but he wasn't actually outside of the city only in the flooded areas.

The water temperature would depend on what latitude they're on in relation to the nearby sun and other things like water currents in the ocean. For example, here lakes mostly heat and cool seasonally but the oceans and seas are warmer or cooler depending on how far they are from the equator and the currents that flow through them.

Or maybe the whales eat the heat.

Comment

Spoiler:

Beckett slammed 3 drones into the stardrive and I doubt the Asurans had the time to fix it before they got disintegrated.
                      D'oh. how could I forget.
                      Well they are pretty fast so maybe nearly repaired it
                      Besides, you may not even need it to move Atlantis that little distance to the mainland.
                      Besides even if it was busted tehn they coudl have done it during the 2 years before that.

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                      Because it floated up after the clams were released.
                      it it looked more like it had a bit help of rising

Because we would need three ZPM's, and it would drain them greatly. Plus there would be no point.
                      why?
                      we don't need a stardrive, ships don't have them. Besides wouldn't it be stupid when a city had 3 ZPMs fling a few hundret meters would deplet them? who did thwy ever manage to go to Pegasus? they must have change teh ZPMs compleatly every few seconds.

No, I think you don't need that much of power that's all. Like Deep Space 9 in the pilot, should be as simple as that. maybe not even active the shild for better moving. I mean just a giant boat engine.

I mean Atlantis have to have some stablelisers to stay on the same place on the ocean (you see that perfectly in Storm/Eye where outside the ocean has big waves and all it it just stays there as it would be on land) so it is possibel to conn Atlantis.

Comment

That's a good question, and I think you're right it would be more easy if Atlantis is mainland.
                        sigpic
                        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I mean Atlantis have to have some stablelisers to stay on the same place on the ocean (you see that perfectly in Storm/Eye where outside the ocean has big waves and all it it just stays there as it would be on land) so it is possibel to conn Atlantis.
                          Atlantis is probably anchored to the ocean floor using some kind of heavy cables which would make it nearly impossible to move it

Comment

Not likely.

Spoilers for Return Pt. 2

Spoiler:
                            The Asurans were taking off when Beckett fried the stardrive
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                              Because it floated up after the clams were released.

they're in the middle of an ocean. The air cant get any better.

yeah i pretty much agree with everything you just said lol
                              I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Working...
                              X