• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Woman King (314)

Visit the Episode GuideBATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON THREE
    THE WOMAN KING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 314

Helo searches for the truth when the Saggitarons suspect that a ship's doctor is discriminating against them in medical care and supplies.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 04:52 PM.

a little cliche in the ending and i thought that tigh and the rest were a bit too adamant in thier support of the civvie doc. kinda like they were made bull headed to make sure that hte plot lasted long enough

the most interesting part, the fact that six has baltar in her head, just as baltar has six in his head. veeeerrrryyyyy interesting
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Probably one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. What a shame I had to wait two weeks for this pointless filler dribble. I guess they can't all be bangers.

Only thing that I would take out of this is Tigh getting cole-clocked in the face and just laughing as he says "you might wanna get that hand looked at." Tigh is tough as nails.

That being said, does anyone else think that Baltar's situation reflects Sadaam Hussein? I mean its no secret that the New Caprica arc was a parallel for the war on terror...and now there's this whole new trial? I wonder if they'll shave Baltar to make him look like he used to or if he'll still have his beard....much like how Sadaam had a beard. Thoughts?

Did you catch that bonus scene at the end?
      Spoiler:
      Helo confessed he was the one who botched the cylon virus??? What the hell was the point of that? My only guess is that he probably felt like a hipocrite and anticipated the bloggers would flame him lol. I wonder if this scene will carry on...

"I got my eye on you sucka."

Comment

I'm very glad that I'm not the only one that hated this episode.

I was hoping there would be some coverup or something that the doctor was killing the people and he had orders too, or that Helo was just wrong.

That was the most pointless episode I have seen, it's just a Star Trek / general sci-fi ripoff. Sadly next week's episode looks even worse.

Comment

We knew the mental Baltar thing from before, but it's been forever since we've seen it (I think) so it was good they brought it up again.

I could have bought the unwavering belief in the civvie doctor, but it seemed a bit random that both Hera and Dee went to him instead of Doc Cottle. Assuming they were getting injected with the Bitumin-whatever, are we meant to believe that the civvie has the ENTIRE STOCK and that Cottle has zilch? I know supplies are low, but that still seemed a little weird to me.

I hope the sudden focus on Helo isn't a bad sign. I tend to get nervous when characters who've been mostly in the background for a while suddenly get an A-plot.

Speaking of Helo, while I know they're are a lot of Helo bashers out there, I gotta say... how ironic is it that out of all the relationshippy stuff we've been given over the past season or so, Helo/Sharon is one of the strongest? Between the quadrangle and whatever is apparently going on with Tyrol and Cally, the guy with the cylon bride seems to be the best off. LOL! I love the irony of that.

Comment

Sounds like a good eppy...can't wait to see it....
            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

LOVE the return of Head Baltar. It's about time! This whole Roslin-watching-Six story is very interesting as well, can't wait for this trial to get under way.

The Agathons! I love Helo, this episode once again confirmed exactly why- he is the most truly good character on the show, and has the most pure of intentions. Also nice to see more of the Agathon home-life.

The overall story-line, was average, but I loved seeing the characters go through it, so it worked. Although I found Adama and the others just dismissing Helo right away at the beginning was a bit of a stretch. Adama especially I would have expected to listen more.

Comment

thank God this episode didnt have that lee/dee ect shippy quadangle crap

id say that would be a plus for this episode

and Yay for Head Baltar being back is it me or is he wearing the same outfit as his last appearance?

Comment

Okay, I'm all for Helo and I really dig Helo/Sharon right now. But the whole "Helo is RIGHT and everyone else is WRONG!" was done with all the subtlety of a 2X4 in this ep. Come on, Adama, Tigh, and Cottle all backed the civvy doc without any questions? No doubt, no one looked into his past record, and Cottle screams at Helo for trying to find the facts? What happened to the automatic preservation of life? Even Tigh was an OTT asshat this ep.

And what was with Helo's admission to Adama being an extra scene instead of actually in the ep? "Oh yeah, I killed those cylons and made your whole virus plan pointless." *end scene* Whaaat??

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad to see Lee/Dee recovering. Hey, whatever kills the quadrangle.

Comment

Well Scifi.com is as busy as usual after BSG. I for onr loved this episode. I'll Youtubify the Online Vid and post a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      I love Helo, this episode once again confirmed exactly why- he is the most truly good character on the show, and has the most pure of intentions..
                      And that's exactly why I worry about his life expectancy. I love Helo, too, and it was great to see more of the focus on him. I'd like to know more about his nightmares, though. Are they your average run-of-the-mill scary/stress dreams or are the more prescient?

I didn't mind that this was a filler ep 'cos I like the character it focused on and because there was almost no quadrangle stuff at all.

Comment

Helo rocked in this episode. Major kudos to Tahmoh Penikett's performance in tonights show!

The only problem with this show was the directors still trying to ram the lee/radar o'dualla relationship down our throats.

Comment

Please just fight the cylons already!

This episode was below average and most of season 3 is below average. I liked the fact that we saw more of Helo cause he's just a great actor but the episode was definitely cliche and pointless. Next week's preview looks even worse...a real soap opera. Where's the action? the sci fi? the pilots?

Did anyone find it strange that so many people were dying yet Roslyn never once adjusted the number on her board like she use to.

The best episode of the season so far was the boxing one! I'm not sure what's in store after this saeson but it does not look promising and being a very loyal fan (right from the beginning) that is dissapointing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            And that's exactly why I worry about his life expectancy. I love Helo, too, and it was great to see more of the focus on him. I'd like to know more about his nightmares, though. Are they your average run-of-the-mill scary/stress dreams or are the more prescient?
                            I'm not worried about him yet- come to second half of season four and I will be though, once it gets to that point in the show.....well, anyone's fair game and he might be head of the line.

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                            The only problem with this show was the directors still trying to ram the lee/radar o'dualla relationship down our throats.
                            Huh? We saw less then thirty seconds of it! Wouldn't call that "ramming", not in tonight's ep anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Speaking of Helo, while I know they're are a lot of Helo bashers out there, I gotta say... how ironic is it that out of all the relationshippy stuff we've been given over the past season or so, Helo/Sharon is one of the strongest? Between the quadrangle and whatever is apparently going on with Tyrol and Cally, the guy with the cylon bride seems to be the best off. LOL! I love the irony of that.
                              I don't think it's ironic I think it's planned. I think the point is that a Cylon and a human can love each other, but two humans can't.

Comment

Working...
                              X