• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freak (615)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON SIX
    FREAK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 615

Clark and Chloe discover that someone is using one of their high school classmates, blinded by the meteor shower, to identify and kidnap "meteor freaks." But no one is prepared to find out who he has identified now.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 02:58 PM.

I noticed there hasn't been a thread posted for this past thursday's episode "Freak". So I'm just wondering what everyone thought about it?

Spoiler:
    I thought it was a good episode.... We found out Chloe is a meteor freak, that has no powers yet. Also by the end of the episode we see Lex lieing to Lana yet again as always about all his wrong doings.

I was hoping sometime during the episode Tobias would look at Lana and see some type of Meteor Freak kid in her stomach lol, but that didn't happen
    Actor
    [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

I thought it was a great episode, especially with the twist with Chloe, can't wait for more on that end. Smallville has seriously grown, not only in character development but in story as well, love it!
      Thanks,
      "All hail Anubis" (Anpu)

Comment

I have to say that I was also disappointed we didn't learn about the Lana's bun in the oven. However, it was good to find out that Chloe is a meteor freak. She was right when she talked about her exposure, so it's good to see they've actually taken that step.

I can't wait to find out which powers she is developing.

As for Lex, I am disappointed. We all know he's involved, and we all know he's lying but nothing is ever done to makes us doubt his involvement when something bad happens. The show seems to have finally gone from a "Freak of the Week" show to "OH MY GOD, Lex is an evil *******" show or "HOLY CRAP, I can't believe Lana Lang is such a dumbass". At least her trying to find out and protect the secret was good, but then she goes and just accepts what Lex is shovelling and it just makes her look bad.
        Last edited by SaberBlade; 17 February 2007, 03:42 PM. Reason: Not sure where the hell I got system from

sigpic

Comment

Lana Still trusts Lex because he has made grand gestures when she is around, while his under handed and evils acts are all hear say and rumours. Well the baby could still be a meteor powered, because at no time in the episode did Tobias take his glasses of around Lana, so we still don't know for sure.

As for Chloe being a meteor freak, did not see that coming, but now I think about, it does make sense.
          http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            I can't wait to find out which powers she is developing.
            My guess would be cancer.

"HOLY CRAP, I can't believe Lana Lang is such a dumbass". At least her trying to find out and protect the system was good, but then she goes and just accepts what Lex is shovelling and it just makes her look bad
            Boy you sure hit the nail on the head there.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

it doenst really matter about lana bun since
              Spoiler:
              lana's baby miscarried in future eps

and chloe is not the only meteor freak

Spoiler:
              apparetnatly her mum is a metwor freak with huge mind controls
              sigpic

Comment

As for Lex, I am disappointed. We all know he's involved, and we all know he's lying but nothing is ever done to makes us doubt his involvement when something bad happens. The show seems to have finally gone from a "Freak of the Week" show to "OH MY GOD, Lex is an evil *******" show or "HOLY CRAP, I can't believe Lana Lang is such a dumbass". At least her trying to find out and protect the system was good, but then she goes and just accepts what Lex is shovelling and it just makes her look bad.
                Exactly. I hate to say it but with Lana believing Lex's endless lies I kinda hope the writers kill her off by the end of the season.

It's funny I say that personally because I use to love Lana in previous seasons and I use to hate Chloe, now it's the other way around. I'm just tired of her always hating Clark with Lex every week yet Clark saves her and Lex's life almost every show. I mean every week it seems like Lex and Lana just like to gang up and hate on Clark. I'm really getting sick of that plot line they have going. Anyways I guess we'll see.
                Actor

Comment

Originally posted by AJZ View Post
                  Exactly. I hate to say it but with Lana believing Lex's endless lies I kinda hope the writers kill her off by the end of the season.

It's funny I say that personally because I use to love Lana in previous seasons and I use to hate Chloe, now it's the other way around. I'm just tired of her always hating Clark with Lex every week yet Clark saves her and Lex's life almost every show. I mean every week it seems like Lex and Lana just like to gang up and hate on Clark. I'm really getting sick of that plot line they have going. Anyways I guess we'll see.
                  Personally, I've always liked Chloe over Lana, it's always annoyed me that Clark ad Lana had this annoying on/off thing when going with Chloe would have been something worth watching, but I think they should have killed her off last season, instead of having Clark time travel and save her. Just think how different the show would be with a dead Lana, a living Jonathan and Lex knowing Clark's got super speed. Killing her this season, although sounding good, would probably be pointless. They missed the perfect chance to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Killing her this season, although sounding good, would probably be pointless. They missed the perfect chance to do it.
                    Sad but very true. I never liked the fact that Clark sacrificed his father for Lana it really got me pissed last season.
                    Actor

Comment

Originally posted by AJZ View Post
                      One can only wish.

Never a fan of hers but I can only stomach so much of her hypocrisy.

Anyway...

The revelation that Chloe is a meteor freak is interesting. Wonder what power if any they will reveal for her. Great Chloe/Clark friendship moment at the end. "Then consider me your own personal bomb squad."
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm guessing Chloe's power has something to do with computers or technology, kinda like Micah on Heroes.

Comment

yah, but that wasn't the real cloe that he was talking to.

Does anyone remember a superheroine in the DC universe that had the first name of Cloe?

And the thought of her as the tower for the JLA just rocks.
                          Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
                          Spoiler:
                          "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
                          "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
                          "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
                          "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
                          "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

I have the biggest hunch that Chloe wont get any sort of powers or she'll only have something very faint. But hey, it may also be what's left of her truth powers from season 4? I'm surprised no one else bothered to make that connection.
                            I just hope she wont die.

As for Lana's child... oh god is this ever getting boring. I keep expecting her to misscarry every episode that comes up. I mean, she fell through a window and almost hit the ground-- caught or not, it's a miracle that her baby survived that drop. What was it? 30 feet?
                            It's nice, however, to see her relationship with Clark going back to at least friends. The whole "I hate clark but love Lex as a rebound" thing was getting kind of repeatative.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if powers are only activated by certain incidents. Such as when, for example, that guy got bitten by the bugs, that event made him into something bug like. Maybe Chloe hasn't manifested a power yet because she hasn't been in an event like that.

*shrug*

This Chloe-meteor-freak thing is FAR more interesting than anything to do with Lana. I hope they ditch the Lana business and go with this instead.

I liked this episode, despite Lana being a "dumbass" (no disagreement there from me) and Lex being stagnantly evil. That's what it's become. Stagnant. Lana or the baby must die for it to become interesting for me lol...

Creepy with that meteor freak scanning and GPS...that was the part I really liked. And the heat burning out the tracking device - yikes!! but great. Great chloe/clark friendship

Comment

Working...
                              X