This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 & Smallville

What is the diffrence between Stargate SG1 and Smallville.

SG1 had great Years of a TV Show with 8 Seasons, then Season 9 and 10 went downhill because of Cameron Michell (Jack O'Niell wannabe) Vala (the loud mouth, you got my Baby lets have Sex chirpy kind of person who just thinks she can sort of run it all and do better) Beau Bridges (A boring General with Family problems while he looks and sounds just plain tiresome) and the Show gets Cancelled. Well whatever the reason, thats what i think happend.

Smallville is on Season 6 now and always had Bad Reviews especially with Lana because of her Character thats always in the Show, but in the Comics she was just a School Girl and Lex wasent even in Smallville at all, yet the Show still goes Strong and probably will maybe End with Season 6 and go onto Season 7.

So why is SG1 all of a sudden Cancelled but Smallville is still going strong with Bad Reviews since day one and should've got Cancelled at Season 5 or earlier i think.

sg1 was cancelled twice ......

Comment

SG-1's ratings have been going down, meaning it was bringing in less money this season, while it was costing more to produce. I don't know if the same is true for Smallvill,eb ut obviously the network it airs on thinks it is bringing in enough money to warrant its continued production.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

meh smallville is ok....but it's gotten to this point where it's targeting more of the mid teen's....I know all my friends love it I watch it merely to converse with my friend....and because Tom Welling is kinda hot

Comment

I watch SG1; I don't watch Smallville.

Comment

The difference between SG-1 and Smallville.....SG-1 has been great all through its ten seasons, Smallville has been crap since.....well since it started (the writing is apallingly bad and repetitive and the cast is terrible, except that guy who plays Lex and the girl who plays Chloe- and the guy who plays Lex's father was prety good as well, but none of them could save the material they're given to work with).

If the universe were fair and just, SG-1 would be renewed and Smallville wouldn't have made it past pilot episode. The thing that Smallville has going for it is the young teen/pre-teen girls audience.

Comment

Yep. I agree with Trek Girl.
              There's still nothing wrong with SG1. it's still going strong.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Isn't Smallville NOT produced with Sci-Fi?

I thought it was cute when I found out that the cast of SG-1 and Smallville play hockey against each other.

Besides SG-1 Was on for TEN years! That's nothing to sneeze at! I don't think Smallville will last that long and I'm a fan of the show.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

If the universe were fair and just, SG-1 would be renewed and Smallville wouldn't have made it past pilot episode. The thing that Smallville has going for it is the young teen/pre-teen girls audience.
                  I totally missed this when I post my last post. Just want to say
                  Yippee! I'm young again! hehehe.. Though 32 is not old. Is it?
                  I blame the big comic geek fan in me! Though I didn't watch SV from the start. I caught a season 3 episode and got hooked. Season 1 isn't a good season to start with though.

Comment

The difference between SG-1 and Smallville.....SG-1 has been great all through its ten seasons, Smallville has been crap since.....well since it started (the writing is apallingly bad and repetitive and the cast is terrible, except that guy who plays Lex and the girl who plays Chloe- and the guy who plays Lex's father was prety good as well, but none of them could save the material they're given to work with).

I know exactly what you mean. Personally, the constant hyper-drama and soap opera where nothing gets resolved or anything that does happen gets nerfed in the next few episodes totally turned me off. Well, that and the lack of any kind of real science or even plausible fantasy science. Oh, heck - it doesn't always have to be plausible - I can take total science nonsense if it's pulled off right. (EG, DS9's One Little Ship.)

My dad borrowed a few seasons of it from an uncle, and I'm not entirely sure, but it seemed like at least 65% of the time I walked in on him watching it, the characters on-set were having an over-dramatized angst-fest. Borrrrrrrrring!
                    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera View Post
                      I know exactly what you mean. Personally, the constant hyper-drama and soap opera where nothing gets resolved or anything that does happen gets nerfed in the next few episodes totally turned me off. Well, that and the lack of any kind of real science or even plausible fantasy science. Oh, heck - it doesn't always have to be plausible - I can take total science nonsense if it's pulled off right. (EG, DS9's One Little Ship.)

My dad borrowed a few seasons of it from an uncle, and I'm not entirely sure, but it seemed like at least 65% of the time I walked in on him watching it, the characters on-set were having an over-dramatized angst-fest. Borrrrrrrrring!
                      *sigh* gotta agree.....not to mention Lana and Clark are the dreariest characters ever.

Comment

*sigh* gotta agree.....not to mention Lana and Clark are the dreariest characters ever.
                        In season 5 Clark and Chole rocked! I'm sick over the bizzare love sick that Clark has for Lana. Chole's cool. Lana's uninteresting.

Comment

*Giggle* the onyl reason they have that crowd is because they get hotties to play the roles LOL that's why I watch...the green arrow....HOT!!! but no where near as hot as my David *huggles David Tennant*

Comment

I'm afraid I can't quite agree on the point that Tom Welling is a 'hottie.' To me, that boy's face bears a strong resemblance to that of the modern equine.
                            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                            X