This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are ALL Cylons

All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again...

I have a feeling that the Cylons are simply acting out a play based on their history. Everyone is a Cylon. Humans died out a long time ago.

Thoughts on this?
    err, whoooooo?

not just a little far fetched to be honest with you.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

explain the reproduction

Comment

They wouldn't be "the" Cylons, I don't think that's what the OP is saying. He's saying humans might have created a race of machines who upgraded themselves to emulate humans and eventually killed them all. They would be able to reproduce because they're more advanced. Also, Cylons are able to reproduce with humans... no doubt the Cylon-human hybrid may be also be able to reproduce with other hybrids.

It's an interesting theory. It fits the Kobalt being the homeworld of all Humans. We know nothing about these humans.

Here's another idea. The 13th tribe that went to earth may have been the humans escaping in the opposite direction? It would be pretty funny for them to find Earth only to be killed for being descended from the race that tried to kill them all on Kobalt.

Fun twist. I don't think it will turn out to be true though, but interesting theory all the same I think.

Comment

The galatica finds earth after falling into a time warp and find out that they set the becon and are the the 13th tribe. The go back to caprica tell of what is to come and that gets written down in their religion.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM View Post

I have a feeling that the Cylons are simply acting out a play based on their history. Everyone is a Cylon. Humans died out a long time ago.

Thoughts on this?
            Actually, I don't think this is an idea so easily dismissed -- at least if I read you correctly in terms of what you are saying.

Indeed, what if they are ALL Cylons, simplying reliving a long ago happening between Cylons & humans, except, having extinguished humanity (or, humanity having escaped) they now relive the history amongst themselves, unaware of who they are?

This would be a VERY Galactica/Moore way to end the series.

Extend the idea a bit further: Galactica finds Earth, only to be attacked by the humans because they (i.e. Adama, Tigh, Lee, Starbuck, etc.) are the very Cylon models that the human's ancestors fled long ago. (EDIT: lunar, you have a similar idea in your above post -- just wanted to acknowledge it after reading through the thread again)

Very Twilight Zoneish / Galacticaish / Mooreish.

I will remember this idea as the series further develops.

Good possibly prescient post.

Comment

I agree it would be a very nice twist

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurKing View Post
                This would be a VERY Galactica/Moore way to end the series.
                Exactly

I haven't seen much of S3 so far (second ep. is on tonight), so my theory could be blown away at some point, but until then, this is the overall idea I'm sticking with.

@jdog: Time travel is for star trek and stargate. Bleh. I don't go for that at all in the BSG universe.
                err, whoooooo?

Comment

You can't dismiss anything really in this series, thats whats great about it. Personally i think the Colonials are humans, and are in fact the 13th tribe themselves. The exodus of the 13th tribe was chronicled via the visions of pythia, and visions have a funny way of being out of time. My theory is that the Exodus of the 13th tribe that pythia envisioned and chronicled was that of the Colonials several thousand years in the future, not something that was happening in her time. In this way the 13th tribe is actually the surviving members of the other 12, and not a completely seperate entity itself. Remember, there are only 12 Lords of Kobol, each of whom had the allegience of a tribe. Who held the allegience of the 13th when they still lived on Kobol? My guess, as i have said, is nobody; the 13th tribe never lived on Kobol.

Comment

Can't be. The beacon, the temple of five, etc. were left by the thirteenth tribe. Also, the gods are worshipped collectively by each tribe, though everyone has favorites. It hasn't even been stated that there are twelve Lords of Kobol, only assumed because there are twelve Olympians.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                      Can't be. The beacon, the temple of five, etc. were left by the thirteenth tribe. Also, the gods are worshipped collectively by each tribe, though everyone has favorites. It hasn't even been stated that there are twelve Lords of Kobol, only assumed because there are twelve Olympians.
                      The beacon could have been left by any group of humans from the period of the habitation of Kobol (as they were obviously spacefaring) And the same goes for the Temple of 5. Also it has been stated there are 12 lords (plus 1 possible traitor if they decide to go that route), as they are all named and their number is kinda a central theme to both series. (12 Gods, 12 Tribes, 12 Colonies, 12 (original) Battlestars). The 13th has always been the wildcard.

Comment

It has not been stated that there are twelve Lords, though it is likely. It certainly hasn't been stated that a god was associated with each colony. The beacon and the temple being left by mere space explorers doesn't cut it, those places are far, far, far away from Kobol and along the path to Earth.

Comment

I agree Human = Cylon at a different stage of development. Earth is the way out, which is why some would leave a beacon or a roadmap for a sanctuary on the outside.

Comment

It's certainly and interesting idea, and it could happen.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM View Post

Thoughts on this?
                              that would make for a great fanfic

Comment

Working...
                              X