This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rep Points, the Universe and Everything, Now with MAGNETS

Is it somehow possible to know, who gave me a bad reputation point?
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

I don't believe it is possible, unless they state their name. I'm not even sure if mods/admins can see this feature!
    __

__

Comment

Heh, yah, at first i wanted to know who have been giving me reputation (bad and good), and other than giving their name in their comment, i think its better that we don't know. Because some people, or maybe a lot of people, will just easily give that person who gave u a bad repuation a bad reputation point, then it would even be a more flawed system...
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
        Is it somehow possible to know, who gave me a bad reputation point?
        I got a bad one myself and didn' t understand why...or who....

I'll give *you* a good one now....because you've been so helpful! *Danke!*

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I once got a bad rep. point because I said I liked the Atlantis gate better then the old one. Of course anonymous and no comment, as usual when dealing with bad rep.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            I once got a bad rep. point because I said I liked the Atlantis gate better then the old one. Of course anonymous and no comment, as usual when dealing with bad rep.
            I guess I got mine because I said something about languages...which I always do because I've studied linguistics - but I think some people don't like being told they're wrong...I don't think I like this reputation thing....

~CELLO!~

Comment

I like reputation Too bad not many use it¨

Wish I could see the rep I've given too.

Comment

That's the problem...if everyone used it maybe things would be different. But the way it usually is, you collect a few points here and there, and if you manage to pi$$ someone off

I wish I could see the individual points some people have

~CELLO!~

Comment

I got my first Bad one for an extremely mild and inconsequential post about how I liked both Weirs but the blonde one better. It seemed weird to get it for perhaps the most innofensive post I've ever posted outside of the fluffy threads!

Don't anyone worry too much about the bad rep points you get. As far as I can tell most people give far more positives than negatives (I'm certain that there are fewer 'ITA' and 'ROFL' posts here than there used to be on Delphi and I reckon it's cos people are giving a rep point instead). So eventually it evens out and more.

I like my REP points being anonymous. There are funny little comments in them and - okay, I'm probably being sad here - I think it's a bit more exciting when you don't know who sent it.

Madeleine

Comment

Well, thats too bad. I dont care too much, but i think i just got a rep point just for nothing
                    Can the mods see who gave you the point?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I have never gotten a bad one....but I am like Madeline.......I really don't always want to know who.....but I do like to know why........did you like my post....did you think I was funny.........Was my opinion spot on or spot off but thanks for trying.............. and again I am very lucky....I have a note next to each one that has come my way so I guess I am spoiled. But I also try to be sure that when I give out rep points that I say *why* I am giving them. I don't think I want to sign them...because it is nice to do something for someone anonymously and if I am giving a bad rep I would not like to be badgered about doing it. Although I have never given one. I normally express myself in thread
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've only ever had one bad reputation point, but if people knew who gave thm a bad point, they'd probably go and give that person a bad point too for being given one or probably send a private message or email questioning what they did. I think anonymous reputation works for the better in the overall situation.
                        __

__

Comment

But do the mods know who gave whom a rep point?

Comment

I'm guessing that if they had to identify themselves, no one would get a bad rep point. If this has been said already, I apologize, I didn't have time to read them all, sorry. this is my opinion.This is why I hardly come here anymore.

Comment

Hey, on this topic, I know it's a stupid question, but is it true that the Shipper threads are "protected"? I've never heard anything like that before, so is it true? Or is it just some understood rule? I voiced my personal opinion in one of them yesterday (hey, I was bored...), and over SIX of them gave me a bad rep point for posting my ONE argument in a "protected" thread! And they ALL had something to say:
                              1-(not activated)-Trolling in the Shipper Thread? Bad form.
                              2-This is a protected Sam and Jack thread.
                              3-I think you have poor manners!
                              4-This is a protected pro-ship thread. Take it to the ship discussion thread.
                              5-bothering shippers on a clearly marked shipper post
                              6-Spamming in a protected thread is not accepted at GW
                              7-Protected thread

Maybe I did deserve it, and let me tell you I'll never enter one of those horrible threads again, but I still can't find anything about "protected" threads in the Gateworld FAQ. Can someone help me out here? (And if anyone would like to donate some spare green rep points to me for any reason, whatsoever, they would be greatly appreciated. ) Thanks!
                              Last edited by puddlejumper747; 05 September 2004, 04:56 PM.
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X