Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2110

Thread: Unending (1020)

Default Re: Unending (1020)

Just one more thought. Can the Unending be the first test of Universe? I mean the team is forced to stay on a spaceship and they became lonely then they live their life together while they try to find daily tasks to keep themselves occupied. Then this melancholic feeling became the standard for Stargate : Universe.
    Last edited by Platschu; August 5th, 2018 at 01:11 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

This is a good episode on the closer side of fair.

My one question is that Sam states that they have enough food for three months when they started the time dialation. Where did they get the food?

Daniel's rant was too cruel and too long-- I felt that Daniel and Vala was at a good point in their friendship before this episode took place, that this particular tirade shouldn't have happened-- it seemed that the writers put them back to where they were at the beginning of season 10. The whole team seemed so isolated from each other ( except Daniel and Vala after the rant), and it just didn't feel like SG1 to me.

The ending was good, but was spoiled a bit with how isolated the all seemed to be on the ship.

Chief Master Sergeant

im assuming replication... and recycling... they had the asgard replicator so it may have been cheaper to build a older more basic waste/food recycler over useing particle replication every day etc

Chief Master Sergeant

when your trapped on a ship for a extended period of time im assuming atleast most of them understood the need for personal space to avoid.... SPACE MADNESS that results from being exposed to the same few people and nothing changeing over time with the same enclosed enviornment, even submarines and ocean vessels wouldnt be as bad as a space ship so alone and isolated as to feel that when you die you wont even die on your homeworld with your family etc

Probie

Is it because the SG1 team was in a time dilation situation and circumstance, and that they couldn't use any Naquadah, to create a bomb, that could create a phased space dimension in Space to let the particle beam weapon from the Ori pass through the SG1 ship(Atari/humans) so that the ship would not be in piece and the people would have died?

Chief Master Sergeant

I don't know if anyone is looking at this thread at all...but I can't read through 106 pages of the thread and I just did a rewatch. Have we determined why Vala was weeping in Daniels arms during the episode???

Quote Originally Posted by Ilana View Post
    I don't know if anyone is looking at this thread at all...but I can't read through 106 pages of the thread and I just did a rewatch. Have we determined why Vala was weeping in Daniels arms during the episode???
    It was intentionally left for viewers to come to their own conclusions. One popular explanation is that it was simply related to the stress of being trapped on the ship and we were seeing a moment between them where it was particularly hard for Vala. Another is that she had a miscarriage.

Years ago, people made posts claiming that they asked people from the show at conventions. They relayed that the latter was what the writers were trying to imply, but they were also told that it was meant to be ambiguous so it can mean what you want it to. I'm not aware of this being repeated in documented interviews, though that doesn't mean that it hasn't been.

Really good episode besides the suicide of the Asgard which I did not like one bit of.

Major

Yeah, the suicide of that Asgard was a bummer. I think the writers just got tired of them, and wanted to make humans the ultimate underdogs, so they got rid of the only ally the humans had that were worth anything.

Actually, over the course of the series, they got rid of all of the human's allies.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Maybe that was their Ragnarok event, but the Asgard can be very much alive if it was just an act to test the Tauri. Anything happen in a scifi and in an alternate reality.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106