Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Stargate Family Ties (1018)

Visit the Episode GuideSG-1 SEASON TEN
    FAMILY TIES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1018

Earth provides sanctuary for Vala's estranged, con artist father after he provides intel about a Jaffa plot to attack the planet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; June 28th, 2007 at 09:06 PM.

Default Re: Family Ties (1018)

Vala and Sam go well together
    So do Vala and Daniel

Could have done without the whole Dad thing though. Either of them.

Madeleine

not one of the best episodes but i really liked the ending poor teal'c

Lieutenant Colonel Jedi_Master_Bra'tac's Avatar
    AU where Extinction and Revolution were released

Lol The Last Scene Was Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    Lol The Last Scene Was Hilarious!
    Darn! That's so evil. I was coming here to finally read up on what Joe&Paul meant with their comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot_001 View Post
    "The final scene may surprise some viewers, but only if the network leaves it in. I don't want to oversell it, but it is perhaps the greatest final scene in the history of Stargate." — Paul Mullie, TV Zone Special #74, January 2007.

Concerning the final scene: "Can’t say much about the scene in question. Suffice it to say, the episode has a few “topical references”. When I wrote the scene, I assumed someone would insist I lose it. As it turned out, nobody objected (because, I suspect, they were too busy to notice and figured someone else would get around to objecting for them). Can’t say more." — Joseph Mallozzi, Personal Blog, January 21, 2007.
    ...but it has already been suggested in another thread that one should find out for himself what's so funny about this.

Now I have to avoid this forum for the night to get the max deal out of this scene.

Goodnight.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

Definately not the best episode. The plot was thin and dull at best. But, I loved Vala's backstory. Can't help but think it was her father who made her turn out like she was. It's a twisted comparrison, but like those kids who get abused and end up turning into murders, it reminded me of that in a way.

This episode really highlighted just how Vala had changed, and what she'd done through. It was nice seeing her relationship with Sam continue onwards. Ever since that hug in The Path/Road(?) Not Taken, I've been wanting to see more from them.

And that ending. OMG. That might be the funniest SG moment.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Chief Master Sergeant

That was quite possibly the worst episode of Stargate I've ever seen, ever.

- Boring
    - Dull
    - Stupid
    - [email protected] script
    - Jason or whatever his name was was more annoying than Lucius off Atlantis if that's possible.
    - Horrible acting
    - Landry B storyline was laughable
    - A waste of an episode
    - Boring

Worst episode of SG-1 ever.

Not funny, not fun and a complete waste. There's 2 more episodes left after this and we're subjected to this<mod snip>. Unending sounds pretty bad as well unfortunately.

Completely lost faith in these writers.

The only Season 10 episodes that were good have been the Orii one. ALL of the other ones have just been complete. rubbish.

0/10.

Awful.
    Last edited by Skydiver; May 26th, 2007 at 05:43 PM.

I thought this episode was funny. But must admit that Vala's Dad is worst the Luicus.

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

this ep was more funny than anything else but we saw development of several characters. teal'c at the end- who would have thought lol

What is with the ending with Vala's dad tricking the dealer within those packing things?

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by stevearm07 View Post
    That was quite possibly the worst episode of Stargate I've ever seen, ever.

- Boring
    - Dull
    - Stupid
    - [email protected] script
    - Jason or whatever his name was was more annoying than Lucius off Atlantis if that's possible.
    - Horrible acting
    - Landry B storyline was laughable
    - A waste of an episode
    - Boring

Worst episode of SG-1 ever.

Not funny, not fun and a complete waste. There's 2 more episodes left after this and we're subjected to this <mod snip>. Unending sounds pretty bad as well unfortunately.

Completely lost faith in these writers.

The only Season 10 episodes that were good have been the Orii one. ALL of the other ones have just been complete. rubbish.

0/10.

Awful.
    And you've now said that three times. We get it!
    Last edited by Skydiver; May 26th, 2007 at 06:33 PM.

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

The episode was quite poor quality overall with some good comedy scenes. The ending was one of the best endings in stargate history though.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

not the best ep 3/10

poor teal'c

I really liked this episode. It was a lot of fun. Fred Willard was great, and it gave Vala the chance to really come full circle, to face her past and once and for all and move on.

It also brought closure to the Landry/Dr. Lam relationship which was nice.

And yes that last scene was absolutely hilarious. Maybe the funniest scene in Stargate history and it was nice to see Joe and Paul taking a shot at the Sci-Fi network.

This was a light, character driven episode with a lot of fun moments, and unlike the previous two light hearted episodes, Bounty and Bad Guys, this one hit the right tone despite the fact that story wise it was far lighter then those two.

8/10
    'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    i know it is getting VERY annoying. its been done on another thread

This is not a particularly good synopsis - couldnt seem to get into this - but here goes anyway. Not sure what the spelling was of Valas fathers name so forgive me if it not right. Pics to come later

Opening Teaser
    SGC
    Vala and Sam dressed to the nines in civilian clothes have been shopping. They look fantastic. They are carrying lots of shopping bags and have had a girls day out. Shopping, pedicure, etc.
    Cam and Siler bump into them as they walk down the corridor. Siler turns tall quickly to get away and is smashed in the nose by someone opening a door as he turns around behind.
    Cam talks with the girls about their day and what they have been up to.
    They are interrupted by an offworld activation. Landry is talking with a man who says he has heard highly of him.
    Sam Vala and Cam come into the control room.
    Vala exclaims “Jasec!” Landry asks she knows him – Vala says “a little – he is my father”

Act 1
    Vala obviously doesn’t like her dad. She trades insults and barbed comments about his parenting skills, absence as she was growing up and her relationship but he brushes it off.
    Jasec says he must come though to the SGC and give them information about the plot Arkhad put in motion. It is still a threat although Arkhad is dead.

SG1 go to the planet to meet him.

Jasec asks for sanctuary. He admits he was not a great father, husband etc as he and Vala trade barbed comments
    He explains Arkhad sent out some Naquada loaded cargo ships which are still out there waiting attack on Earth. He wants to trade their location for sanctuary.

Back at the SGC, SG1 discuss the offer with Landry. Vala thinks its just a way for him to avoid all the people he has previously annoyed before they catch up with him.
    They agree to test out some of the intelligence and see if that can verify the ships existence.

Act2
    Lam is treating Siler for a broken nose, Landry calls her away.
    Landry talks with her about reaching out to Carolyns mother. Although it has been 5 years since they have spoken, Lam agrees to call her mother and put in a good word for Landry.

On Odyssey
    Vala tells Cam that they are travelling to a location on false information– the ships wont be there. Cam says they should wait and see.
    They arrive at a planet, there are 12 life signs and a massive evidence of Naquada.
    The people are trying to make a run for it. They fire on the planets surface. There is a massive secondary explosion which suggest that the intelligence was good and that they have destroyed all the naquada cargo ships.

Back at the SGC, Vala tells Landry they are making a big mistake giving Sanctuary to Jasec. He comes through to the SGC, 2 airman loaded down with bags.

Landry visits Vala in her room.It is 3 weeks later. He brings her a letter from her father. She puts it in the bin.
    She wants nothing to do with him. Landry says family should come first but Vala says he wasn’t around much. Landry admits he wasn’t either for Carolyn but Vala says that his profession was more honourable than her fathers.
    She reminisces about the few times he was around when she was younger, about when he did come home he always brought her trinkets, bracelets, necklaces etc. She kept everything in a treasure box but as she grew older she realised it was all worthless.
    Landry tries to get her to give Jasec a break – he has tried every day to get in touch.
    He retrieves the letter from the bin and leaves it with her on the bed.

Daniel and Cam go to visit Jasec in his new apartment. He is playing bingo with the old people in his building. He is fleecing them for payment and at the game.

When all the others lead, Daniel says he has been scamming people with phone calls etc. Jasec says he needs to supplement the small money he gets from the air force.
    He asks them to get Vala to meet with him.

Carolyn goes to see Landry in his office. Her mother has agreed to have dinner with him (so long as Carolyn goes along) when she passes though Colorado. Landry is surprised (but pleased) at how easily it appears that Carolyn was able to convince her mother to meet with him.

Daniel and Cam return to the SGC and are meet by Vala. She says its not worth them trying to get her to talk to her father – she has already decided to go see him.

Vala arrives at his apartment. She tells him she is not seeking reconciliation. She wants a cathartic experience. She gets all her feelings off her chest, telling him how badly she thinks of him. How he has no right to mess up her life now that she has found a place she is happy with SG1 and at the SGC. She says he has no right to mess up her life
    She want to leave, Jasec wants her to give him a chance to prove he is on the level and trying to turn over a new leaf.
    He gives her a trinket necklace, it makes her remember all the past times he brought her gifts when she was young and she is beginning to waiver but still leaves. She tells him goodbye using his first name. He asks – “for once please call me Dad”.
    Vala says “you have not earned that right – yet”
    She calls out that she will be in touch.

Chief Master Sergeant blufeenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    I second that..

Most of my comments for this are in the other thread but I started out fairly interested then the valas dad came in and the ep dipped - luckily it picked up towards the end so i would say in general it was decent.. nice charecter stuff for vala - claudia black rocks as usual.. not much of cam (shame) Walters line too landry was very funny especially the looks.. the end was so extremly funny

Chief Master Sergeant WormholeAlien's Avatar

What a waste of an hour! If you haven't seen it yet, I envy you. miss it. do anything else! Whatever you fancy.

They even managed to get some complaints about how the Stargate Programme has done so much for the "NETWORK" of planets, yet they aren't getting any budget. Basically whining about the show itself ending.
    Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...HavingMcDs.jpg

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

That last scene is the funniest thing I have seen in Stargate...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast