• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talion (1017)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1017

When a terrorist attack decimates a Jaffa summit Teal'c strikes out on a quest for revenge, believing that the perpetrator is one of his own pupils.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:13 PM.

Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?

Madeleine

Comment

Rather than closing the thread i opened, why not link it here?

P.S. Only thing i like in this episode....Vala was like glue to Daniel

Comment

This was an excellent episode. As someone has already said, the best Tealc episode yet. When Arkadstabbed Tealc through the stomache I thought he was a gonner! I thought that If Arkad had just kept his mouth shut about killing Tealcs mother, Tealc might have just lost the will and died. I wonder, is this the rap up ep for the rebel Jaffa storyline, because there are only three episodes left now, and neither of the movies seem to focus on the rebel Jaffa? If so, a very fitting end to the storyline.

Loved this episode, last weeks wasn't that great after Quest 2 - Bounty but this picked it right back up. 9/10.

Comment

Will do some screen caps a bit later but for now a quick synopsis. Forgive any spelling....

Teaser
          SG1 exploring a dark and misty planet with lots of jaffa casualties. Many are dead.
          Daniel finds bratac. He is still alive but in a bad way.
          Sam then finds Tealc, unconscious and also seemingly in bad shape.

Act1
          Back to a village of Jaffa. Switch to a tent where there are many gathered. A Jaffa leadership summit. A young Jaffa is agitating and wanting forceful efforts to defeat the Ori.
          Bratac enters and tries to reason for a peaceful and reasoned approach.
          Tealc is by the tent door. He becomes aware of a man walking across the village. He is heavily scarred on his face. He starts to follow him then there is a big explosion. This is in slow motion as a flash back / dream like sequence.
          Tealc wakes with a start in the infirmary at the SGC. Dr Lam tells Tealc that he has been unconscious for 2 weeks and had major injuries. They were not sure he would survive. Tealc falls asleep again.
          Dr Lam explains to the rest of SG1 that Tealc woke for a short time.
          They gather by his bedside and when he wakes they give him the bad news that many were killed. Tealc has flash backs to the explosions and fire. He asks after Bratac. They say that although he did survive he was badly injured. Tealc demands to see him.
          Cam wheels him to Bratacs bedside. He is on life support. Dr Lam says she really is not sure that he will recover.

Tealc goes to see Landry and says he has been told a Jaffa called Arcad is responsible. Tealc wants to hunt down him – he has come across him before and is told he is a very dangerous Jaffa. Landry agrees given that he bombed a peaceful summit of his own people but Landry says he will not authorise a revenge attack based on rumour only. They argue and fight. Tealc wants to hunt down and kill Arcad. Landry says to wait but Tealc shouts that he will not – he has given it enough time.

Act2
          Landry is talking with Cam. He says he will not support a vendetta by one man.
          Tealc is leaving to pursue Arcad. Privately Landry agrees and understands that Tealc needs to leave.
          SG1 watch as Tealc leaves. They offered to go with him but he had refused. Sam says he has promised to keep in touch but none of them believe it.

Teacl is back at the village. He places a stick memorial and talks with a young girl. He promises revenge to her for the bombings.

Daniel is sitting with Bratac. He wakes. Lam rushes in a removes the breathing tube.

Tealc is in a tavern. He is talking with a man. And asks what he knows of the bombing.
          The man is very hostile. His race was enslaved by the Jaffa.
          Tealc grabs the man and demands to know what he knows. He demands the name of the man with the scar he saw just before the bombing. It seems this man sold the explosive used in the bombings.

Bratac is talking with Daniel.
          He is talking about Arcad, says how dangerous and evil he is.

Bratac tells Daniel that Tealc’s mother was murdered just after Tealc had managed to defeat Arcad in battle some time ago.
          He says Tealc will stop at nothing to get revenge as it was believed that Arcad murdered her in revenge.

Landry is being told by Col Reynolds that SG3 have been given intell that some Jaffa are being shipped to an Ori planet to mine naquada. Sam and Cam are brought up to date. The planet they are going to is an Ori one. It appears Arcad has made a pact with them and is building ships and weapons. It seems the Ori are planning to attack earth with these weapons.

Tealc is on a planet at night. He has tracked the man with the scar down. He punches him and renders him unconscious.
          The man wakes and is tied up. Tealc tells him that he knows he is Jaffa – his has removed his symbiote and it lays on the ground before him. The Jaffa says he is not frightened of death as he is a follower of Origin and believes he will ascend. Tealc tells him he will not ascend and the Ori will not save him. Tealc has placed an explosive device in his symbiote pouch. Tealc leaves. The Jaffa explodes.

Back at the SGC. An unscheduled offworld activation occurs. It is Arcad, he wants to give his assistance to the Tauri, he says they must know of the plot against them. He is not responsible and believes he is uniquely able to help them. He wants to meet face to face.

Cut to Bratac still in bed. He thinks the offer is a trap and a ploy, that Arcad is not sincere. Daniel agrees but says the IOA insists that they listen given the danger that might happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            Is it just me or is it hard to take Dan From Eastenders seriously as an intergalactic warlord?
            I thought he was considerably better than some of the extras we have seen actually, I was rewatching Full Circle today and Anubis' first prime was IMO very poorly acted

Comment

And the second part....

Act 3
              Arcad is escourted into the conference room by Landry and introduced SG1. They are hostile and disbelieving of Arcads supposed good intentions.
              He asks where Tealc is – Cam says he couldn’t guarantee his safety if Tealc were there. Daniel says that Bratac also would love to stab him in the eye.
              Arcad explains that he may be a follower of Ori but would never sanction an attack on fellow Jaffa. He says it was done by a rogue element who see the Tauri as a threat.
              He says that although they do not see eye to eye, he wants to lead the Jaffa and unite them only. He has no desire to fight with the Tauri and given his strength of fleet and men would be able to mount a much bigger and more effective attack on Earth if he wanted. He has no need to resort to such guerrilla tactics. Landry and SG1 are not sure, they accuse him of being less than honest but he makes quite a convincing argument. He reiterates that he doesn’t wish to fight with the Tauri. He even tells them where his base of operations are.

Tealc still has his hostage that sold the explosives. He is still pumping him for information on Arcad.

Landry reports that the IOA wants Arcad left alone but that means that SG1 is ordered to stop Tealc so as not to upset Arcad or the status quo.

SG1 are on the Odyssey on the way to Arcad’s main planet. They beam down to the planet and wait to see if they can catch Tealc before he makes it to the planet.

They are not too happy at having to go against Tealc.
              They still think that Arcad is playing them and has been leaking the information for his own benefit. They set up a trap in the hope they can stop Tealc. Daniel thinks that in order to check whether Arcad is really on the level in his desire to help, that they can use Tealc by allowing him to get to Arcad and then seeing what his reaction is. He might own up if faced with the threat or his actions may indicate that he was being honest.

SG3 are backing up SG1 to guard the gate in case Tealc comes through. SG1 lose contact with them and Cam goes to check out what has happened, leaving the rest of SG1. Baker and Reynolds are left unconscious. Tealc has taken them out. Daniel and Cam talk with Tealc over the radio and explain that Arcad is offering to help and that he is saying he is not against Tealc, the Jaffa and is not responsible for the attack.
              Tealc says they will not stop him
              He thrown a stun grenade and takes out Vala, Sam and Daniel but Cam was not around. He manages to get to Tealc and holds his P90 to him but Tealc manages to knock it away and they fight and Cam is eventually knocked unconscious.

Tealc fights his way to the pyramid, taking out the Jaffa guards, but he is eventually hit by a staff weapon and falls to the ground unconscious and is captured.
              During this, it appears Arcad is expecting Tealc to arrive and is warming up to fight, practicing and hitting punch bags etc. He has many weapons, knives, swords and sticks around the room.

Act 4
              Tealc is dragged in front of Arcad.
              Although he is injured and has little strength, Arcad drops a fighting stick and gets Tealc to try and fight him. But Tealc is in no shape and is being easily beaten up and hit by Arcad.
              All the time Arcad is taunting Tealc about how he has become slow, old and weak. He also explains that there was a battle years ago when Tealce was first prime and Arcad lost his own parents and sister at the hands of Tealcs men during an attack.
              He has says that he vowed to become strong like Tealc and even admired him. Arcad lets slip that it is a shame that Tealc will not live to see him defeat the Tauri.

Arcad has beaten Tealc how lies on the ground. He stabs Tealc with a sword in the stomach and then taunts him by saying that he was getting his revenge for the slaughter of his family and admits that he killed Tealcs mother.
              Tealc finds hidden strength at this admission and makes one final push back on Arcad throwing him back into a wall of knives. Arcad is impaled. Tealc rises and finishes Arcad off with the sword he has pulled from his stomach..
              SG1 rush in just as Tealc falls.

Back at the SGC, Bratac is with Tealc, who is recovering in a bed. Cam is watching from the observation area.
              Landry comes in and says he has finished reading Cams report, which says how Arcad set a trap, captured SG1 and how Tealc saved them all. Landry says the IOA will find it hard to swallow that Arcad was the one plotting all along to attack Earth.

Back to Bratac and Tealc. Tealc tells him that Arcad admitted to killing his mother.
              Bratac says that perhaps he had not said it before but that he considers Tealc to be his son. They clasp their forearms together as a gesture of solidity and togetherness.

End

Comment

Another great episode from the producers. Teal'c was funny in some parts. overall 8/10. can't wait for the next ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  I thought he was pretty good but I get were your coming from
                  Best tealc episode ever at the start I thought bratac was dead so relieved he wasnt
                  Tealc rocks
                  sigpic

Comment

No Madeleine, it's not just you. I half expected Peggy to pop out from behind a staff weapon and bleat "'Ere, woss goin' on?" in true EastEnders style.
                    So ... the baddie's a Brit (again). And he didn't really cut if for me.
                    BlackOpsTeal'c is scary as all out.
                    The final fight scene was horribly gory by Stargate standards.
                    And the entire ep was made for me by a three-second shot of Daniel reading a book (squee and thunk) by Bratac's bedside.
                    A much better ep than I expected because Jaffa eps generally leave me cold. Good acting from CJ.
                    That's it really. Off to watch Life on Mars
                    jd

Comment

Great episode finally get a storyline that deals with the Ori and the jaffa. Also liked the way that we got a little more information about Teal'cs past, not a very nice childhood having both parents murdered, but i enjoy the jaffa revenge storylines, how many times does the teal'c need to come to near death in a single episode though lol

Comment

That was awful. I don't understand how people can insult decent episodes like Bounty and Bad Guys when there are episodes like this to insult. I thought I'd give this episode a shot because the last two had also looked awful from the preairing spoilers but this was the only one that I actually really disliked.

In all I give it a 1 or 2 out of 10.

How did Teal'c know they were lying in wait for him? And why concoct that whole plan to catch Teal'c anyway when they could just beam out from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          That was awful. I don't understand how people can insult decent episodes like Bounty and Bad Guys when there are episodes like this to insult. I thought I'd give this episode a shot because the last two had also looked awful from the preairing spoilers but this was the only one that I actually really disliked.

In all I give it a 1 or 2 out of 10.

How did Teal'c know they were lying in wait for him? And why concoct that whole plan to catch Teal'c anyway when they could just beam out from orbit.
                          Bounty and bad guys were filler episodes it's about time that we had a serious episode which dealt with the ori and jaffa issues rather than wasting episodes with things that have no point to them at all

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                            And why concoct that whole plan to catch Teal'c anyway when they could just beam out from orbit.
                            Most people complain that beaming out is used too often to solve the team's problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              Most people complain that beaming out is used too often to solve the team's problems.
                              it still would have worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X