No announcement yet.

Bad Guys (1016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, I absolutely hated this one. I have been trying to figure out why because I can see that it had its funny moments. After some deliberation I have come to the conclusion that it was Daniel....he is SO unlike any incarnation of Daniel that we have seen so far. I actually didn't like him and that has got to be a first for me. In fact the museum researcher was more like Daniel was (or use to be) than Daniel was, if you get my drift. I can see all sorts of problems for that world once he gets going, just as Daniel would do if the situations were reversed.
    I guess I will just have to do what I have had so much practise doing and that is replay the ep in my mind with my old favourite , gentle peacemaker Daniel instead of cranky, downright on the edge Daniel.
    Just to ad that if Sky one spoilers are to be believe we have an ep involving the Ori coming up next week.
    Last edited by spaceangel; 13 February 2007, 01:33 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Another good episode, it was a fun,standalone romp. The team went through the gate!! Together, exploring...how often does that happen these days! Loved Daniel as a rebel, loved that Teal'c got the Die Hard reference but Daniel didn't. Loved that Vala got to do all the science stuff and got the Gate working, smart girl. Mitchell was good too and now it's clear to me just who leads SG1... Daniel.

Loved the scene at the end back on Earth when they all look towards the Gate, good stuff. I can't believe it is almost at an end. So much crap on tv and this is the show they cancel...why?
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
        Oh man, I absolutely hated this one. I have been trying to figure out why because I can see that it had its funny moments. After some deliberation I have come to the conclusion that it was Daniel....he is SO unlike any incarnation of Daniel that we have seen so far. I actually didn't like him and that has got to be a first for me. In fact the museum researcher was more like Daniel was (or use to be) than Daniel was, if you get my drift. I can see all sorts of problems for that world once he gets going, just as Daniel would do if the situations were reversed.
        I guess I will just have to do what I have had so much practise doing and that is replay the ep in my mind with my old favourite , gentle peacemaker Daniel instead of cranky, downright on the edge Daniel.
        #
        That was the whole point though...he had to be so out of character in the situation. It was sureal, an actor playing a character, playing a character and MS did it so well, as usual. If Daniel had been himself they would probably end up dead.He had to stall.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes but unfortunately his acting in this episode was awful.

Comment

Any pictures of the episode?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
              Any pictures of the episode?
              Good ep, enjoyed it loads. The inhabitants of the planet felt very real and almost Earth like...was great.

Did Daniel seem rather Orange to anyone or was that just me?

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                #
                That was the whole point though...he had to be so out of character in the situation. It was sureal, an actor playing a character, playing a character and MS did it so well, as usual. If Daniel had been himself they would probably end up dead.He had to stall.
                No I get that bit. I'm thinking about before that, when thay were deciding on a plan of action. The words were what Daniel would say but he just didn't say them how he usually would. He was pretty angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts View Post
                  Yes but unfortunately his acting in this episode was awful.

Awfully good, yes. As were they all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                    Good ep, enjoyed it loads. The inhabitants of the planet felt very real and almost Earth like...was great.

Yes they were exactly like people from Earth, done to how they speak, b1tch, talk, make museums, hold guns...

In fact, no creativity whatsoever went into writing them!!

But then after all the village townspeople we've been subjected to on SG-1 and Atlantis this year at least it makes a change.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                      Awfully good, yes. As were they all.
                      No no, just awful.

Comment

I am speechless and not in a good way . It is funny, I expected Bounty to be bad, yet, this one was worse. I was looking forward the whole weekend, even put my Skybox to record. Guess I did it for nothing ...I don't think a few funny lines from Daniel will change the fact that I wasted 45 minutes of my time and had to endure those stupid Yellow Pages commercials on Sky One....

Comment

Top three moments:

-Daniel splitting up the fighting women, then them not taking him seriously. Poor Danny, he's too nice for his own good
                          -Teal'c zating the chancellor (I think) then trying to sound calm, but instead accidentaly sounds like a bad guy
                          -"I don't think I can switch off this bomb."
                          "You switched the bomb on?"

Also liked the weapons and uniforms, very unique.

Didn't like that that stupid security guard though. I nearly yelled with glee when they gagged him.

Overall, 7/10
                          You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                          And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                            Did Daniel seem rather Orange to anyone or was that just me?
                            I said the exact same thing to my dad

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              I am speechless and not in a good way . It is funny, I expected Bounty to be bad, yet, this one was worse. I was looking forward the whole weekend, even put my Skybox to record. Guess I did it for nothing ...I don't think a few funny lines from Daniel will change the fact that I wasted 45 minutes of my time and had to endure those stupid Yellow Pages commercials on Sky One....

Yeah this ep was pretty cr@p wasn't it. I think Bounty was worse though personally.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceangel View Post
                                No I get that bit. I'm thinking about before that, when thay were deciding on a plan of action. The words were what Daniel would say but he just didn't say them how he usually would. He was pretty angry.
                                Ah, sorry. I think he could see it all going wrong. That they might end up stuck on the planet or faced with a first contact situation like in the episode New Ground.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X