• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line In The Sand (1012)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1012

SG-1 tries to defend a planet from the Ori by hiding its people in another dimension. Vala attempts to convince her husband Tomin of the Ori's true motives.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:31 PM.

So... was this supposed to air after The Quest, or did Sky get it wrong? Daniel was missing but barely mentioned, Sam seems to have made a new gizmo out of a device she had last year... I'm confused, LitS sort of fits in now but it sort of doesn't.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      So... was this supposed to air after The Quest, or did Sky get it wrong? Daniel was missing but barely mentioned, Sam seems to have made a new gizmo out of a device she had last year... I'm confused, LitS sort of fits in now but it sort of doesn't.
      Nope, they got it right. That was the next episode in order.

Comment

I really liked this episode, good to see even more of the ori warriors and more of their technology, Tomin was a big shock, didn't expect to see him again. His disagreement with the prior was good and his sacrifice for Vala.

Comment

I really liked this episode. It was a little predictable, the ending especially. But there were some great gadget moments, like when the ori fighter dropped the Rings, and the Merlin phase shifter.
          Also good character development. sam's injury made an impact, she hasnt been that hurt since S7, her and cam being trapped was great aswell. Im surprised they didnt mention daniel enough but im sure were going to find out about him next week, im fine with it personally because this was a great episode all round. tomin was ok, i dont liek that guy, as an enemy/friend character he lacks the quality of someone like braytak but he had a good speach with the Prior so credit goes to him.
          The prior failing to shut it down was fun to watch lol, im surprised they didnt use sodan cloaks as a backup , they could have moved about and defneded the village better and got to the gate.
          Solid episode, a little predicable but no real bad points. At least we have something that definitly doesnt affect them. I wonder if we could ZPM it and Phase Earth or the Oddesey, in fact im sure the Oddesey will have it by the end of this season, vala or cam mentioned it in the briefing or something..
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

This HAS to be after Quest part 2 because of the fact Cam mentions losing Daniel.

Overall, in my opinion, the best episode of season 10 so far. Showed who the Orii are, and I loved the philosophical undertone to the episode (The misinterpretation that can take place in regards to verses in holy books to justify mass murder)

All of this together made for a very compelling and interesting episode.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              I really liked this episode, good to see even more of the ori warriors and more of their technology, Tomin was a big shock, didn't expect to see him again. His disagreement with the prior was good and his sacrifice for Vala.
              i really liked it too, i like that were getting to see more battles with the ori warriers

Comment

Overall a good episode - we wait for ages for a ground battle with the Ori, and we get two in a row.

Good use of a previously seen Merlin technology, and I had a feeling Tomin would turn near the end.

I'm abit suprised nothing else was said about Daniel going missing, but then again he's gone missing before, but would have been good to include more about the events of the quest, part II.

Comment

I wasn't too impressed with Cam in this ep - he pretty much just sat around and waited to see what happened. Some damn fine acting from Amanda though.. she had me thoroughly believing that she was in an awful lot of pain.. and nearly cringing in sympathy!

Overall, the plot was fairly predictable though...

Oh, and why didn't they kill the guy who turned Teal'c over (can't remember his name, sorry)? He was one of those who resisted with force, wasn't he? So why wasn't he murdered with the rest?
                  sigpic

Comment

I also really liked the end surprisingly, I don't know why, it just seemed a nice way to end it.

One thing struck me though, Tomin saying about the Priors mixing the Ori's words and changing it to suit the situation, I'm not sure why but this made me rethink the whole Ori are evil issue.

Comment

that was a cool episode, cant wait for the next one, what ever it may be

Comment

Quite a good episode, as has been said Amanda Tapping did some great acting in it though.

I think the episode just felt a bit pointless to me though, yes we now know that the Priors cant see through into the other universe but apart from that and the Toman stuff it just kind of went nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ste View Post
                          that was a cool episode, cant wait for the next one, what ever it may be
                          next episode is "The Road Not Taken"

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            Bounty couldn't have been the next episode because Daniel is in it. Many of us e-mailed Sky One telling them that they had mixed the airing order up with the production order (the order GW has until sci fi announces their schedule). He will not be in the next episode ("The Road Not Taken") and then make his return in "The Shroud", with "Bounty" airing after it. Sky One have got it right.
                            Solutions reported on it

The device the used isn't the Sangraal it is the device from Arthur's Mantle

Any back to the topic;

Another fantastic episode! Nice Sam moments!
                            Last edited by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac; 16 January 2007, 12:45 PM.
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode - liked the fact that Vala planted the seed of doubt in Tomin's mind - I wonder if this'll get progressed in the episodes they have left

Comment

Working...
                              X