No announcement yet.

Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess it's time to take more risks! A positive score against the Ori was really needed and they took the chance with the phase shifting device. I liked that about this episode, even though Sam wasn't sure and is always cautious there really is little room for this with what they are faced with.

Sam nearly pays the price but Cam Mitchell saves the day, he shines as a caring character in this episode, and for a character I didn't really care for much he stepped up a few more notches in the Krisz's likeometer!

Tomin's face off with the Prior was interesting, the perennial problem of well meaning ideas being twisted to serve less noble ideaologies. I've always liked Tomin as a character. He was nicely developed as a basically honest well meaning man who struggled to make sense of inconsistencies in his belief system. Through his eyes we can see the good moral side to Origin and this is a nice counterbalance to the corrupted side of Origin personified in Adria and the Priors.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
      Just got done watching the episode. It was a different episode that the rest we've seen, Sam got shot by an Ori Warrior and the sound she made because of the pain was interesting. I just loved Reynold's line about how they have the best job in the world.

I have to say this, I somewhat happy that Daniel wasn't in this episode, I think that made the episode slightly better, but that's just me. I give it a **1/2.
      Episode better without Daniel, I guess I was kind of right.

I noticed at the end of the episode, 3 companies did visual effects for this episode, the fewest number in a while.

Tomorrow, another timeline.
      sigpic

Comment

This was such a good episode. I had forgotten just how much I liked it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Pretty good ep.

Liked how the Ori ship dropped off the ring platform.

Still not a fan of the design of the Ori soldiers armour. Not very intimidating. And the staff weapons couldn't get any more boring.

Good to see Tomin finally stand up to a prior.
          sigpic

Comment

I have been waiting for an episode like this even since that first Ori ship entered through the Supergate. I have always wanted to see real ground battles with the Ori soldiers simliar to those old battles from classic SG-1 where SG-1 battles Jaffa troops. This episode had a simliar feel as part of SG-1 had to fend off the attack from the Ori followers. But in the episode the village is under Ori control for most of the episode that its the occupation of the village that is the episode. This episode has a lot heart in it.Their is the whole Tomin angle of him questioning his beliefs because of the contradiction by the Prior. I like how we see his face wane but not completely. He is doubting the book of Origin in this episode but not enought that Tomin is willing to committ treason against the Ori. On the other hand is the whole Sam is going to die thing felt important to me not only because of it having her evaluate her life but I really liked the Cam and Sam discussing faith. SG1 has always been about fighting false gods but this is one of the few episodes we see the beliefs of SG1 characters
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Tuesday night, another ep of SG1...

1. Having now seen the whole series through I appreciate the Vala Tomin scenes a bit more...credit to Vala for seeing through the brainwashing...

2. Liked the Prior being unable to do anything about the shield.

3. I'm just assuming they'd had a go at tracking Daniel down and couldn't...besides even in S8 Jack was just assuming he'd turn up again!

4. For that matter...why was Daniel not in these couple of eps. Did MS have a commitment that I've forgotten about?

5. Reynolds: "This is the craziest job in the world!" Which world mate?
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It was interesting their powers don't extend to manipulating other dimensions... but it makes me wonder.. woudl their powers work against the sodan cloaks?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  This was such a good episode. I had forgotten just how much I liked it.
                  I feel the same way about a lot of episodes. Just wish there was more time in the day to watch more eppies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Great episode. Felt sorry for Sam. And Vala (a little).

Good to see the Ori soldiers, the way the Ori ship threw a ring platform down was way too cool ...

Sam didn't like Cam's cookies ?

Comment

Maybe she's not a coconut fan.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        Maybe she's not a coconut fan.

Seaboe
                        Perhaps she was on a diet?

Comment

Or he was just a bad cook.

Comment

Really liked this episode. It is always nice to see a bad guy that isn't a BAD GUY. Vala and Tomin scenes were the best but I also liked how the leader handled the guy with the knife.

Comment

Liked this ep very much, although years after all you other guys.
                              Nice Vala/Tomin interaction - Tomin begins to 'see'.
                              Sam/Cam scenes great, Mitchell is more than a soldier or a military guy - he is a comrade, caring and helpful, just lovable.
                              Carter doesn't like coconuts - she tries for him, niiiice!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Another strong episode. Starting to get sad that I am almost through the whole series.

Comment

Working...
                                X