Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    LOOKING BACKWARD, LOOKING FORWARD
    GateWorld talks with Amanda Tapping

GateWorld catches up with SG-1 actress Amanda Tapping at Gabit's AT2 event in London!

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by Darren; 17 April 2007, 11:07 AM.

Nice interview.

I really like how Amanda said if she could make an episode, it would be about the characters just fishing or camping or something normal like that. Some of my favorite moments on SG are the little interpersonal ones-friendship, shippy, whatever. I know it's not really SG-1, but I'd love to sit there and watch an episode like that!

Thanks Sky!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind watching an episode like that myself!

I felt bad about what she said about feeling sort of like a fifth wheel this season, and about how she sort of misses Daniel. I've always adored the friendship moments between Sam and Daniel, and it's disappointing that we no longer get to see that this season... IMHO of course.

Even if you don't ship them, I think most could say they had a nice little friendship

Comment

Is it me or does she subtely acknowledge that she doesn't like the Vaniel storyline and Mitchell in charge ???

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
          Is it me or does she subtely acknowledge that she doesn't like the Vaniel storyline and Mitchell in charge ???
          I didn't really get the feeling she didn't like it, but more that she would have liked it better if it would have been different
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

the interview was ok hard to hear what was being said lots of background noise.

she doesnt sound to interested about joining SGA or the past 3 seasons

Comment

^^ (Regarding Atlantis) TBH I think she is worried of upsetting Atlantis fans and a backlash as she does not want to seem like she is imposing on the show, but I do think she is looking forward to it. Like she said there is the chance for alot of fun to be had. I am hoping that it is written well and she fit's in when she is in episodes.

Comment

It's nice to see a humble actor. I did get the impression she missed the "old days" though.

I wonder if she is timid about SGA becuase she know coop will be heading it next year. (I would be timid too) She states she is 'obligated' to do whatever they pull her in for.

I got the impression she realized all the changes in season 9 and ten were too much. "Feeling like a 5th wheel" kind of confirms that she saw her character getting wall papered too.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think it was an excellent interview. I loved the comments Amanda made about Sam's character's evolution through the years. It was nice to hear her talking about the good old days, but I got the impression that she really enjoyed season 10 as well. Her tidbits about 200 were funny. (She was an excellent Chiana.) I can't wait to see the Sam/Teal'c scene she mentioned. I'm looking forward to hearing about her new project and excited that we'll still see Sam occasionally. Good job and thanks to Amanda and Sky for a wonderful interview!

Comment

Good interview, but one of the lead-in paragraphs is misleading: is Carter's transfer to Atlantis base.

Nowhere is it stated (heck, AT doesn't even know how many epsiodes she'll be in) that Carter is being transferred. In militaryspeak, a transfer is being sent over on a permanent basis. Perhaps it should be reworded as Carter appearing on Atlantis.

Comment

"WE'RE GAY!"
                      Almost as good as "You spent 7 years on Macgyver and you can't figure this out....."
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                        Well, why would she if it cost her screen time and prominence in the stories? Not that I agree it did. For one thing, Daniel isn't even in 4 eps out of 20... But she's answering from her POV as an actress, IMO, not from the fan POV.

Nice interview. I'm glad for her sake she's done breastfeeding. And I hope she doesn't take all the flak for whatever's going to happen on Atlantis. The way she is anticipating a backlash, I would say she'll be more than an occasional ship commander on the show!

Comment

Great interview Sky and great questions! I enjoy hearing her take on the evolution of the Sam character for the past ten years! I also agree a great character episode where all the characters interact with one another would be so much fun to watch especially after ten years.

We all as fans have grown to like these characters and whether we can relate to some more than others... it would be great to see them just hanging out together...

I also enjoyed hearing about all "the irons in the fire", as Amanda said. The great projects she has in the works... I hope she does get to direct more since she loved it so much. Looking forward to hearing more about her work on Atlantis and the other project she is working on!!!

Comment

I am at least glad AT understands why some of us do not wish to see any Carter on SGA ever again.

And yeah loved the WE'RE GAY! LOL Why couldn't they have left that in?!?

Comment

For those that don't know, Samanda is the nickname for the Sam thread on GW. Which, not surprisingly, had quite a few members at the two Amanda based cons in november
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X