Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skydiver, I think this interview turned out great. David and I do a lot and, while we are able to reach a certain level of comfort with the person being interviewed, there's always a certain detachment between "the star" and "the journalist." You could relate to Amanda on a comfortable level that made it much more like two gals sitting down for tea.

I remember copy editing and posting your news story last month from this interview, where Amanda talked about appearing on Atlantis and her contractual commitments. It was very relieving to sit down and listen to the full audio interview itself, and to hear the tone of her voice in those comments -- not at all "resigned to her fate" because they had her name signed on the dotted line, but cautiously optimistic and not at all sounding like she feels she's being asked to do something she doesn't want to do. At least that's what I got from her tone.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

[QUOTE=ForeverSg1;6182804]Well seeing as I belong to that little creepy community, let me just say that while I understand your trepidation, there are very few of us who have any issues differentiating between Sam, the character, and Amanda, the actress. The name Samanda is simply a term used by the participants of the thread to identify one another as people who admire both the character and the actress. I seriously doubt Amanda would admit to coming to GW and reading the thread if she felt these people were creepy or incapable of disquishing between herself and the character she portrayed. In fact, they are simply a group of fans who support Amanda, just as the Gutter Gals support RDA and the Hussies support Michael Shanks. The names in themselves may seem creepy to an outsider who has chosen not to learn about the background of the groups, but I would seriously suggest not making judgements before learning more, because in most cases there are very nice, well adjusted people involved.
      QUOTE]

Gotta admit, I've heard NONE of those terms until you mentioned them and I've been on GW for years.

Comment

I have to agree with Darren. This interview WAS different from past interviews and I thought it was great. It felt like 2 women, just sitting around, discussing friends, work, family. This is going to sound corny, but it felt "cozy"......you almost feel as if you were there.

Thank you Skydiver, for the interview and the pics. It must have been wonderful to have been able to interact with Amanda so closely, away from her crowds of adoring fans.

And thanks to the gang at Gabit, for bringing Amanda back, for a second time. Looking forward to AT3.
        Last edited by Lida; 11 January 2007, 07:37 AM.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Thanks for this wonderful interview Skydiver, I really enjoyed it. I always like to read everything and anything about Amanda. Nice to hear her views about SG1 these days, some of the things going on behind the camera and what she feels about going to SGA. She seems a very honest and caring person, really understands how fans feel and so on. Got to love her . Thanks again for the interview Sky, great work!

Comment

Nice work Skydiver! Thanks to both you and Ms Tapping for a great interview. It definately had more of a relaxed feel to it, and that comes across acutely.

I always feel that these interviews give great insight into the actors and the interviewers, and it is refreshing that the cast and production crew of SG1 and Atlantis do give so much to their audience in that respect. - It was quite telling to hear how Ms Tapping hopes that all the recent changes in Atlantis won't scare people away, and although I am unhappy at the prospect of those changes, It doesn't have any impact on my appreciation for these people talented people and the hard work they do. - This interview highlighted that even more to me. It was also cool to hear the Ms Tapping speculate about doing comedy, and who she would like to work with. Very nice work indeed!
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

If i counted correclty this is the 100th (stargate) GW interview
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It's 100 if you include all the separate segments of interviews. Otherwise, we're around the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                X