This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutronium

Anybody know what part neutronium plays in the construction of Asgard ships and other stuff? I would think ship hulls and similar stuff, but with their shields I don't see why they couldn't use something else..so it would have to be used for other stuff. The scarceness of neutronium seems like the only thing keeping them from rebuilding very quickly.

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
    Anybody know what part neutronium plays in the construction of Asgard ships and other stuff? I would think ship hulls and similar stuff, but with their shields I don't see why they couldn't use something else..so it would have to be used for other stuff. The scarceness of neutronium seems like the only thing keeping them from rebuilding very quickly.
    well thors said in new order that neutronium is a key component in their technology like a power source, just like naquada is a key component for our 304's and hataks

but im thinking neutronium is more advanced or that the asgard need it so bad
    sigpic

Comment

the asguard use a trinium carbon and naquada mixed material for the hulls of there ships .
      nutronium must be used for other tech maybe for the component parts ?
      or for computer tech somehow

Comment

Contrary to popular belief there is no official definition for neutronium, its not officially dense and strong, so it could be anything. In most scifi though it is a very strong or dense substance. Its often the remnant of a neutron star, super compressed matter, but in stargate its unlikely to be that given it was found in veins in a planet. It would be too dense and would create huge gravitational problems. It would also sink to the core of the planet, not remain in the crust.
        I suppose if it is neutral matter it could be a super conductor used in quantum computers and therefore useful to the Asguard and replicators.

Comment

I think the Neutronium is what Asgard technology is made out of, like a naquadah. Mainly the nifty gadget rather than the actual civilization. I watched nemesis today and i saw that there is alot of technology uses a kind of pale Gold stone. Maybe that is what neutronium is, because almost everything from doorways and status pods to communcation's, holographics and beaming technology all rely on those white stones and the computer interfaces which are also inlaid with the white stone material.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            I think the Neutronium is what Asgard technology is made out of, like a naquadah. Mainly the nifty gadget rather than the actual civilization. I watched nemesis today and i saw that there is alot of technology uses a kind of pale Gold stone. Maybe that is what neutronium is, because almost everything from doorways and status pods to communcation's, holographics and beaming technology all rely on those white stones and the computer interfaces which are also inlaid with the white stone material.
            interesting theory, i think of it as a key component in their tech that is quite rare...it's probably unseen but very vital
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Maybe neutronium is more abundant in the Ida Galaxy than in the Milky Way or any other galaxy???

Maybe the Asgard use neutronium as a conductor in their technology, like we us gold as a conductor in some ours???
              sigpic
              "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
              Signature made by RJB

Comment

My personal theory is that Neutronium isn't used in the actual making of the technology. It's used in the making of the making of the technology, if you catch my drift

That's right. Neutronium is the staple of the Asgard diet.

I kinda see Neutronium as the power source of Asgard tech too, like other people see it. Like naquadah, though they may not be quite as dependent on it. It's just a funky particle that enables the Asgard to do stuff that we would never dream of doing.

Comment

The Neutronium hard shell cover of the Asgard Time Dilation device, The Asgard was planning to use Resse's last active command code to lure all the Replicator to their home planet and slow down the time.

They assume the Replicator would take a while to eat through the Neutronium hard shell of Time Dilation device, That and the slowing the time , it would give the Asgard some time ( a few yr to a few centuries)to figure out a new way to deal with the Replicator,

but there was a micosopic crack, and the first nanites base humaniod replicator was quick enough to get inside the Time Dilation device and reset the machine to speed up time.SG1 was able to reset the time device, but the time it take for a nanite base Replicator to get inside the crack and turn off the time device is only a second or two, in real world it is a about a few yr.

the Neutronium was also the main essential element for humanoid Replicator.I assume Neutronium is the hardest strongest element in Asgard science, that why they use it to cover the shell of the time device.

But since the Replicator are as advance as what they eat , the Neutronium gave birth to Humanoid repliator.
                  The only known planet with Neutronium deposite was the new Asgard home planet, It seems to be a rare element , because Fifth was happy to have enough to create his companion "RepliCarter" .Fifth said some about lucky to have enough to create her, which mean Neutronium is not easy to find, especially when the Asgard was able to develop ARG , The Replicator could not openly search for Neutronium until they find a way to counter ARG.
                  Last edited by ckwongau; 05 January 2007, 01:00 AM.

Comment

its like on joanas planet kelowna or something where they stated that a huge vein of naquadria is leading down to their planet core then something about 'DANGER!'

so im guessing Neutronium is like naquada as a power power source
                    sigpic

Comment

when it was just an abundant substance on their original home palent so it became the basis for their technology but it is much rarer everywhere else that they started to use other substances in

Adamus

Comment

Originally posted by rovex View Post
                        Contrary to popular belief there is no official definition for neutronium, its not officially dense and strong, so it could be anything. In most scifi though it is a very strong or dense substance. Its often the remnant of a neutron star, super compressed matter, but in stargate its unlikely to be that given it was found in veins in a planet. It would be too dense and would create huge gravitational problems. It would also sink to the core of the planet, not remain in the crust.
                        I suppose if it is neutral matter it could be a super conductor used in quantum computers and therefore useful to the Asguard and replicators.
                        You're probably right about it being from neutron stars. Although it's usually refered to as "neutron degenerate matter" as it's believed that under the immense gravity in a neutron star, electrons would merge with protons (well not merge exactly, electron capture)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_capture

Nuclear physics - one of my favorite topics
                        The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Well first what do we know about Neutronium? Well We know very little about it to be honest so lets start with what little we know;

1) I've heard it is a crucial component to creating Human-Form Replicators.

2) I'm sure it was what was protecting the Time-Dilation device on the old Asgard Homeworld in the episode we first see the Human-Form replicators.

As you may have noticed I'm not entirely sure about either claim so if you have evidence proving or Dis-Proving my statments please present it.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
                            You're probably right about it being from neutron stars. Although it's usually refered to as "neutron degenerate matter" as it's believed that under the immense gravity in a neutron star, electrons would merge with protons (well not merge exactly, electron capture)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_capture

Nuclear physics - one of my favorite topics
                            Let's make a nuclear bomb . I am kidding!
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                              Let's make a nuclear bomb . I am kidding!
                              You are kidding ? damn ! what am I supposed to do with all this plutonium now ?!

Comment

Working...
                              X