This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Grace' Alien ship

I was watching the episode 'Grace' the other day, when the Prometheous was withdrawing into the gas cloud and it fired missiles at the enemy I noticed that before the missiles got close the ship fired on and destroyed them. But I thought; 'shouldnt the ship have let the missiles impact with its sheilds and continue firing upon the Prometheous?'
    Unless of course the alien ship did not accually have sheilds. That would explain its actions but I find it rather odd that a ship of that size which was obvously rather advanced by the look of it and its energy weapons. Also we didnt see evidence of a hyperdrive engine. What are you thoughts?

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

You talking about this ship????????????

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=38781

The front looks Clylon

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Yes thats the one I mean. What on Earth is 'Clylon'?

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

I think they mean Cylon as in Battle Star Galactica
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

thats an interesting question i wish they didnt just drop that story line.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Not necessarily. Just because you have powerful shields doesn't mean you should rely on them to always protect your ship. If you have 4 potentially deadly warheads approaching your ship that you CAN destroy without them doing any damage to you, its probably worth it.

For all the Grace Aliens knew, those were 1000 times powerful than the Gatebusters, and would have instantly destroyed their ship. Obviously we know that this is unlikely, but you don't take chances in a situation like that.
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

when missiles were fired at a wraith hive ship they also attempted to shoot the missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                I was watching the episode 'Grace' the other day, when the Prometheous was withdrawing into the gas cloud and it fired missiles at the enemy I noticed that before the missiles got close the ship fired on and destroyed them. But I thought; 'shouldnt the ship have let the missiles impact with its sheilds and continue firing upon the Prometheous?'
                Unless of course the alien ship did not accually have sheilds. That would explain its actions but I find it rather odd that a ship of that size which was obvously rather advanced by the look of it and its energy weapons. Also we didnt see evidence of a hyperdrive engine. What are you thoughts?
                I read that as an act of contempt on their part. "You're so pathetic your miserable little missiles can't even hit our ship much less harm it".

They didn't shoot down those missiles because they had to. They did it because they can, with the same laughable ease you'd swat away punches from a 7 year old.

Every pulse they fired nailed a missile and I think they even batted 100% on hitting the prommie as well. That ship was a beast, it also had beaming tech in addition to the weapons that drained the 303 shields faster than probably anything other than the Ori megabeam. I wonder who they were. They could certainly give the Ori a better run than they've been currently getting.

Comment

They are
                  Spoiler:
                  "The Shippers"
                  Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                  Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                  Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth View Post
                    They are
                    Spoiler:
                    "The Shippers"
                    ^^^^ Whys that a 'Spoiler'???????? ^^^^

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure we'll never find out. Personally, I'm mostly agnostic on the issue, but my feeling is that they're maybe furlings or the race that the giant pyramid belonged to. Although in the latter case, they didn't necessarily strike me as overly aggressive like the grace aliens seem to be. So who knows.

Comment

I did consider they destroyed the missiles just because they could or they did it because they didnt know if their sheilds could stand up to them but there is still the possibility they didnt accually have sheilds.

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

maybe it was a wepon designed to distroy fighters quilly and they just used it to distroy the missiles like in warfare there are different wepons to do different jobs
                          sigpic
                          Sig For Me!

Comment

I think it stands to reason that the Grace Ship has shields, for the only reason that they have weapons designed specifically to destroy them.

Think about it: They have a weapon that can completely drain the Prometheus' shields in under a minute. If they didnt know how shields work, how would they be able to develop such an efficient shieldbuster? (Unless it was a coincidence, but i dont buy that).

Once a civilisation develops shield technology, they would likely assume that everyone else has it, and realise that they are a hindrance in trying to destroy enemy craft.
                            So they create a weapon that removes the obstacle

And thus, the Grace Shieldbuster was born

Comment

i hope they come back but its not likely

Comment

Working...
                              X